Photo
- - - - -

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#761 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Early exit this year.

Thats the only exits the Wings game nowadays. 

#762 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

GOD I HATE THE BOSTON BRUINS

#763 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Boston doesn't need anyone to given momentum to them. And that's the basic difference.

The wings were controlling play in game 2 until howard happened.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#764 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

I love the optimism. But the Wings haven't competed with Boston the last three games for more than one single period. And somehow they will win three straight? We don't have anymore tricks up our sleeve. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, if the Wings were competing more, I would have more hope.  They played a really exciting first period, but gave up after that.

I hope the Wings do the improbable, I'll still be cheering them on, but the reality of the situation is that we're done.

I'll probably skip the next game, because it just hasn't been that much fun to watch.

#765 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Hahaha really, people are saying Gus kept us in it and gave us a chance...? The guy is so out of the net Marchand had 2 open nets. Gus is a terrible goalie and that's the reason why he is a back up.

#766 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Funny how so many people are pinpointing blame at specific players -- there's a lot to improve on with this team, it's not just one thing.

They need a goal scorer, some defense, and a consistently good goaltender. 

#767 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,219 posts

Thisf****** sucks. Good effort tonight and still nothing to show for it. I wish someone would paralyze Lucic and Marchand.

Classy comment, i'm sure Vladdy would appreciate that one if he read it.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#768 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

No complaining. They played hard, they hit, they didn't get pushed around, they scored a PP goal, they were Boston's equal for the most part tonight but the hockey gods just weren't handing out the luck for us tonight. 

Only one thing to do, play harder in game 5

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#769 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Doesn't matter who is in net. These guys never really had a chance against the Bruins.

Should we dig your posts right after game 1?  Also, hoping for 2 people of the opposing team to be paralysed?  Lame, bro.

Edited by themcityblues, 24 April 2014 - 10:22 PM.

#770 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

I really hope this was Gustavsson's last game as a Red Wing. I can't tell you how many times I held my breath on something that wasn't a big deal because of him.

Are you kidding me man? Gustavsson played a great game. Wow, I can't believe that.

#771 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:23 PM

We just don't have the skill to beat Boston. Nyquist, Tatar, Franzen, Abdelkader have been completely ineffective.

#772 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

Brutal. We just did not have enough gas in the 3rd and OT. Couple that with two deflections and a bonehead defensive play by Datsyuk and it just wasn't enough for a team as good as Boston.

Gus did a great job all things considered and didn't give up any bad goals; he helped us get started and made a huge save in the second that lead to our second goal. And to think, he likely had no idea he was playing when he woke up this morning.

Zetterberg looked better than I think anyone expected, so that's another positive. But we're down 3-1 now. That bulls*** call on Bert in the 2nd stings a lot more now though. I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss because we clearly got outplayed as the game went on, but it really goes to show you how one bad call can change the face of a game because we were still in pretty good shape up until that point.

Call me crazy, but I still don't think we're out of this series. We're not as far behind this team as it may seem. Again, two goals were crazy deflections and the other goal was just a totally botched defensive play by Nyquist. Otherwise it's a 2-2 series. We have to come out and be even better in the next game, and I think we will be. One game at a time.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#773 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

The wings were controlling play in game 2 until howard happened.

And they were controlling play tonight, too. The idea that Boston only came back because someone else gave them life -- I'm sorry, but it doesn't look very bright after a game like this.

Monster stood tall, but if Marchand can aim, this is 4-2 in regulation. Maybe 5-2 with an ENG. 

#774 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Are you kidding me man? Gustavsson played a great game. Wow, I can't believe that.

This game could have been a blowout if it wasn't for the post and marchand's nose blocking his view. Sure he made a couple big saves. Hardly a great game. A lucky game is a better way to put it.

#775 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Gus played good. He played Rask even. Rask was better the first half and then Gus was better the second half. Marchand was the one that kept the game close. Not anyone on the Wings.

#776 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Gus played good, but he spent more time in the corners then some of our forwards. He travels way to much and challenges way to much. He is good in small doses but long term no. Howard gives up 2 and he is awful, Gus gives up 3 and he carried us???

#777 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

For some reason, teams like Dallas and Columbus are doing pretty good against the higher seeds.  We don't have less talent than those squads.  

We just don't have a team that believes in its coach and the attitude in the organization isn't correct.  

The Bruins are worlds better than the Pens and the Ducks. Not an excuse. Though, it is.

There's a lot to like about our team, but there's a lot not to like. We're not built for a deep run, even with a healthy roster.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#778 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

How quickly you forget that the only reason the Wings had momentum was his play in the 1st game. Gus played well but this game should have been 5-2 had Boston hit open nets. 

It means nothing when you are ketting softies in half the games.

Ive just never been a big fan of howard. We haven't gotten out of the second round with him including last season up 3-1. U cant be unstable.

Anyway, too many holes and rookieness on the team this yr. Hope they all mature and come back mentally prepared nxt yr.

We know what we have with howard. Game one coyld have also been bostons, they missed a lot of wide open chances
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#779 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

Thats the only exits the Wings game nowadays. 

Yet our coach and GM have immunity from our owner.  Nice accountability.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#780 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

Gus played good, but he spent more time in the corners then some of our forwards. He travels way to much and challenges way to much. He is good in small doses but long term no. Howard gives up 2 and he is awful, Gus gives up 3 and he carried us???

Well go talk to someone that said Howard was awful, I didn't think Howard was awful.