Photo
- - - - -

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#781 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

No.

Taking two games off is the difference in the series so far.  

Well it's good I'm getting to keep the tradition of disagreeing with almost every post on every subject that I've ever reed of yours in many years of lurking! Opposites attract?! ;-)

Boston are slightly superior in almost every department and have a lot more seriously big guys, where as we have our stars playing injured, our biggest D man injured, our veteran sniper injured, our pre-season #2 center still injured, Legwand who hasn't fit the system yet and half a line up with about 40 playoff games between them. Toss in having to play our 3rd hanger on th top line due a lack of size on the roster and we need to play to the max just to stay level.

It doesn't help that the refs are letting stuff go that has nothing to do with playing hard - spearing, interference cross-checks to the head, cross-checks after the whistle Etc. We'd love to see a Probert or McCarty out there returning the favour, but given the bruin's shameless diving and the stripes indulgence of it, I'm not sure it would help.

Of course, as we all know, this is making the Legwand trade look worse by the day....

#782 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

So, how bad does that egg we laid against Carolina look now??? We'd be up 3-1 against the Pens. Ah, hindsight hurts.

#NOMOREKINDL

#783 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

I wish I could be blindly optimistic like some of the people here..

Did the Bruins lose 3 in a row during the regular season? And we expect to win two straight in Boston to start? Come on, now.

As soon as the Bruins tied the game 2-2, the fans got silent because they knew an implosion was coming.

#784 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

Illitch is too busy dying to shake things up.  I don't know if he's really worrying about Mike Babock and Kenny  right now.

#785 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Was it me, or did we look absolutely gassed in OT? Where's the conditioning?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#786 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts

Funny how so many people are pinpointing blame at specific players -- there's a lot to improve on with this team, it's not just one thing.

They need a goal scorer, some defense, and a consistently good goaltender.

All would be nice, sure, but more than anything, we absolutely should be better on defense. We should've been better on defense for a long time. Holland's utter and complete failure to improve the defense since losing Rafalski, Stuart and Lidstrom just boggles my mind on my daily basis.

-Elliot

#787 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Apparently it takes Ericsson 3 months to return from a broken finger. At least Franzen plays the game still while taking an early vacation

#788 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:27 PM

Well go talk to someone that said Howard was awful, I didn't think Howard was awful.

Sorry didn't mean to target you. Just so many people have Howard on blast it gets confusing. I think Gus is a good back up, but he has way too much movement in his game. He travels so far that he leaves the net wide open a lot. He played good today I just know this is gonna turn into play Gus game 5 and not Howard. When Howard is our better goalie.

Once again wasn't trying to attack you. Just very frustrated how things went tonight.

#789 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

This summer I'd like for Holland to feel the heat to make changes. I like Nyquist but we'd be better off not to expect him to be our leading score next year. And Franzen? I'm on the "dump him" train. I always defended him and his value, but Babcock doesn't realize you can't lean on him or rely on him. He's just a strangely talented third liner. If that makes sense. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#790 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

So, how bad does that egg we laid against Carolina look now??? We'd be up 3-1 against the Pens. Ah, hindsight hurts.

I don't know, Columbus looks like a team that has that playoff swagger that our team doesn't even come close to having.  Have you been watching the games?  CBJ has major heart.  I'd think CBJ would be 2-2 with Boston. 

Edited by themcityblues, 24 April 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#791 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

The wings were controlling play in game 2 until howard happened.

Blaming an entire game on that single play in the first period is naive. Wings played well for 8 or so minutes and then Boston took over for the next 52. Wings struggle to play hard for 60 mintues. Would have happened eventually. Especially with them being the better team.

#792 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,783 posts

I really hope this was Gustavsson's last game as a Red Wing. I can't tell you how many times I held my breath on something that wasn't a big deal because of him.

Are youf****** kidding me? He was the only reason it wasn't a blow out. If Howard was in, there's no way it would have gone to OT. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#793 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Our PK against the Pens would be a disaster.  We wouldn't be up 3-1, even with Fleury.  You still have to hit the net to score, remember?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#794 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Was it me, or did we look absolutely gassed in OT? Where's the conditioning?

They, they looked like they played 4 games in 3 days.

#795 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Boston should get tons of credit, i just think howard singlehandedly got them going, and then they were like afreight train.

Game 3 howard letsva softie in and a bad line change goal...otherwise boston gets nothing when tree wins are playing horrid. But they are too good defensively

I think boston will get exposed in these playoffs by a team more confident and fast.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#796 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Hopefully Howard and Alfie are good enough to go Saturday. Focus on that 1 game. Don't think of being down 3-1. Gotta come out flying and shut their crowd up early. Win game 5, and who knows what can happen.

#797 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Apparently it takes Ericsson 3 months to return from a broken finger. At least Franzen plays the game still while taking an early vacation

Its not like E just had a simple break. His finger basically disintegrated give the guy a break geez. If he could play he would be. Franzen would be more effective in the press box. No passion, no leadership, no scoring. He is a waste. 

#798 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

I don't know, Columbus looks like a team that has that playoff swagger that our team doesn't even come close to having.  Have you been watching the games?  CBJ has major heart.  I'd think CBJ would be 2-2 with Boston. 

I have. CBJ play with serious energy and heart, but lack high end skill. And STILL they have a tie series with the Pens. Because they're exploiting Fleury. Rask is a monster in the net, he's the difference beyond all else. Even if we outplayed the Bruins in a game, we aren't getting more then 3 past him at any time.

#NOMOREKINDL

#799 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

Blaming an entire game on that single play in the first period is naive. Wings played well for 8 or so minutes and then Boston took over for the next 52. Wings struggle to play hard for 60 mintues. Would have happened eventually. Especially with them being the better team.

They didn't start playing hard until howard Gave them a goal. U want to keep the giant asleep as long as u can. Dan cloutier in 02...same thing.

But yes wings never recovered...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#800 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

This summer I'd like for Holland to feel the heat to make changes. I like Nyquist but we'd be better off not to expect him to be our leading score next year. And Franzen? I'm on the "dump him" train. I always defended him and his value, but Babcock doesn't realize you can't lean on him or rely on him. He's just a strangely talented third liner. If that makes sense. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

That's the problem.  Heat from whom?  The owner?  He doesn't even know what's going on right now.  The fanbase isn't going to affect Kenny's decisions.  

I expect the summer to go like the last few.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.