Photo
- - - - -

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#821 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

I really hope this was Gustavsson's last game as a Red Wing. I can't tell you how many times I held my breath on something that wasn't a big deal because of him.

I do that on almost every shot that Howard faces. little bad angle shots that I would be pissed at a Wing for even taking scare the s*** outta me when directed at Howie

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#822 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Big changes this off-season. No idea what they'll be, but they're necessary.

This has been said the past two or three years. Nothing has changed. Come late August the big signing will be Dan Cleary and Quincey will have gotten a new 4 yr/ 4 mill per contract.

#823 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

To use their speed I'm noticing the wings are trying long passes every chance they get, like a fast break team in basketball. It works when the passes are tape to tape, but when they are not it's an icing or a turn over. That goal in OT was off of a long pass that was a turnover. Just giving the puck back to Boston is not a smart idea. The wings have to use their speed, but be smart about it.

#824 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Babs' obsession with Glendening has gone too far. He lost practically every faceoff tonight and yet was always out there for draws in the defensive zone. Why wouldn't you try Legwand, since there are two centers on that line anyways? Glendening lost the draw cleanly on the Bruins power play goal too, which is where the momentum in the game changed entirely.

The 4th line and Kindl/Lashoff pairing were huge liabilities in this game and they have nowhere to hide against the Bruins.

Yeah, I think the pressure of the role has exceeded his capacity.  This game, however, was the only one in which I felt this way.  And nothing to take away from Glen but he should be moved down next game.

#825 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Babs' obsession with Glendening has gone too far. He lost practically every faceoff tonight and yet was always out there for draws in the defensive zone. Why wouldn't you try Legwand, since there are two centers on that line anyways? Glendening lost the draw cleanly on the Bruins power play goal too, which is where the momentum in the game changed entirely.

The 4th line and Kindl/Lashoff pairing were huge liabilities in this game and they have nowhere to hide against the Bruins.

They have no where to hide because Babs keeps playing them so much. I get it, he likes Glendening and he competes real hard. I liked Aaron Downey and he competed his ass off but I wouldn't have him playing against the Bruins top line. Glen is getting smoked in the circle and Babs keeps playing him. Bruins score a goal? Following shift Kindl/Lashoff, it's crazy. He's a great coach, but he does some f***ed up s*** sometimes.

#NOMOREKINDL

#826 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,725 posts

Peter Laviolette is a coach who has been to two Finals with two different teams and won a Cup.  He is looking for a fresh start.  He will command respect from his players because of his background.  

Time for a fresh change.  For Babcock too.  He should go to a Cup contender that's looking to get over the hurdle.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#827 PumpIron

PumpIron

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Is it just me or does every team in the playoffs look far superior for playoff hockey then we do?

#828 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:42 PM

Kindl/Lashoff pair worst in history. The amount of bad decisions and icings these two boneheads make are unreal on every shift. Can't stand them.

#829 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Is it just me or does every team in the playoffs look far superior for playoff hockey then we do?

We're a small team playing the Bruins, so yeah, it makes sense for it to look that way.  What if we played the Wild?  We'd probably be laughing at them and wondering why they didn't finish 24th.

Kindl/Lashoff pair worst in history. The amount of bad decisions and icings these two boneheads make are unreal on every shift. Can't stand them.

Yeah, you won't win a cup with that pairing.

#830 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

We're a small team playing the Bruins, so yeah, it makes sense for it to look that way.  What if we played the Wild?  We'd probably be laughing at them and wondering why they didn't finish 24th.

Wild are playing pretty sick hockey right now so I don't know about your statement. Also once Red Wings are knocked out, I'll be pulling for the Wild.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#831 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

nyquist and tatar have been absolutely useless.

#832 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

Especially Tampa. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#833 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Be happy he did so well for us tonight, because many goalies would've floundered in the same circumstance and he stood tall and truly played a great game. He battled hard and did everything you could ask of him. Again, two goals against off of crazy deflections and the second goal wouldn't have happened if Nyquist covered his man through the play. You couldn't ask for much better from a backup, especially on such short notice. Clearly, Tampa Bay, Detroit is not, at least in the backup goaltending department.

As much as Nyquist built on his strengths this season, his shortcomings haven't changed. 

#834 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

Much like Datsyuk and Zetterberg were early in their careers. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#835 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

They weren't ready for the size and relentlessness of Boston. I'm happy that they're getting the experience, it'll be very invaluable for them.

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#836 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:49 PM

Oh well -- hockey season's only about 5 more months away.

Nothing left to say but ouch -- I feel bad for any Wing fan watching on Saturday, because that'll no doubt be an ugly, ugly game. Disappointing.

#837 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

I'm  a emontional wreck right now

#838 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

I think Babcock is guilty of coaching for the individual. He's so busy managing egos and delicate psyches they he sometimes makes bizarre decisions. Like Glendening taking crucial face-offs, or his coddling of other players. Which is fine sometimes. But in a crucial playoff game, screw building confidence and go with what will win. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#839 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Much like Datsyuk and Zetterberg were early in their careers. 

Beat me to it.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#840 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

Boston's D is the difference. Kept us to the wings on almost every shot after the 1st. Our defense (especially Kindl/Lashoff/Quincey) watched instead of skating, couldn't win battles and made horrible 1st passes. That's the difference in the series.