• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Bertuzzi in, Jurco out

Rate this topic

So Franzen plays half-arsed out there, loses the puck in his own end between three other Red Wings and gives up an open shot in the slot by Ovechkin-ing his way from the Bruins blue line into his own, and Babcock would rather take out the kid that plays defense? Good lord.

He made mistakes but no more than anyone else. I'm cool with keeping Bert in the lineup but for the love of God put him with Datsyuk. Homer was effective I'm the fourth line, either. Bertuzzi is a specialty player and he's really only good on the top line as a net presence.

He provides an element we lack and it showed on that first goal. Plus, I like his no-panic puck control.

I think we were just too ambitious trying to win with 9 rookies.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Guest Playmaker

Except for that totally unnecessary penalty that took the Wings off the PP when they could have put a fork in Boston, gave the Bruins a brief PP which they scored on. It was a game, and likely, series changer.

Except for that totally unnecessary penalty that took the Wings off the PP when they could have put a fork in Boston, gave the Bruins a brief PP which they scored on. It was a game, and likely, series changer.

Blowing a 2 goal lead was a game, and series changer which actually happened in reality. Speculating about whether we'd have scored on a powerplay that was ultimately negated is just that...speculation.

There's a lot of reasons why we're being mauled in this series. The one you just mentioned ranks pretty low (mostly because it's predicated on something that didn't even happen. e.g. scoring on that PP).

I remember that looking like a huge bit of embellishment from a player that has a very long list of embellishing things..... I don't think a bump like that should completely corkscrew a 6' 9" behemoth. Nor the previous game when 5' 9" Tatar somehow mustered the strength to throw the same 6' 9" man.

Are you kidding? You should invest in a DVR if you're going to start criticizing players about penalties and whatnot.

I remember that looking like a huge bit of embellishment from a player that has a very long list of embellishing things..... I don't think a bump like that should completely corkscrew a 6' 9" behemoth. Nor the previous game when 5' 9" Tatar somehow mustered the strength to throw the same 6' 9" man.

ABSOLUTELY. And that's why Bertuzzi was LIVID. Chara skated backwards into him and their elbows connected SLIGHTLY- I don't even know if it was Bert's elbow or just his sleeve, it looked PATHETIC.

The NHL is going to have to do something much like the NBA, fine-fine-fine-suspension. Until that happens, captain embellishment is going to continue to directly affect games in a way that lacks integrity and displays unsportsmanlike conduct.

Edited by _SP_