• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:21 PM

This! Although at this point I wouldn't mind seeing Tatar sit a game instead of Jurco with all the penalties he has been taking. Tats needs to calm down.

I was gunna say, the OP spelt Tatar wrong.  Not just the penalties, but constantly turning the puck over and too easily muscled off the puck.

I love Tats, but he's not found a groove at all in the first 3 games.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'm ok with this. Bert's a graybeard, he knows what's up, he's not going to be remotely intimidated, and hopefully that rubs off on others. Speed and skill is great, but we do need a heavy, someone who's not afraid to park his ass in front of Rask. And, credit where it's due, he's a goal scorer. Andersson is not a goal scorer.

There's also a funny bit of irony here: Bertuzzi in his prime basically paved the way for Lucic.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

Seems like this is just a message that is being sent to a young player that he needs to pick up his play. Don't forget, Jurco is only 21 yrs old and still developing.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#24 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

And Franzen will continue to give minimal effort.  Awesome.  If they would have kept Jurco w/ Tatar and Sheahan, this wouldn't have been a problem.

This. As soon as he was taken off the kid line both him and Tatar looked worse (Tatar not as much).

#25 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Seems like a smart move, the Wings have had almost no net-front presence so far this series. I like Jurco's speed and energy, but realistically who else could they take out of the lineup? As much as he deserves it, Franzen is not getting benched. 

#26 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

Total panic reaction and completely unnecessary! Jurco hasn't been part of the problem, he may not have been creating much offense but he has been doing everything else that he's asked to do. Also, Bert for Jurco makes our lineup slower, something I don't think we can afford with as much as we've been being outhit.

How do we know what's been asked of Jurco? Maybe his isn't even coming close to what's been asked. Babcock is slightly more knowledgable than I am in matters such as these, but I don't have much of an issue with this swap anyway. It lets the guys know that he willing to shake things up a bit.

Uhh...you might want to duck!

#27 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

Danny Cleary will be in for game 5.

On a side note, we really are a young team, in all the players dressed, there are only 3 Stanley Cups between them...Datsyuk with 2 and Zetterberg with 1.

So there's not much playoff winning experience going around.

#28 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

On a side note, we really are a young team, in all the players dressed, there are only 3 Stanley Cups between them...Datsyuk with 2 and Zetterberg with 1.

Kronwall, Helm, and Franzen will be disappointed to hear that :P Of course, I'm not sure I've actually SEEN Franzen this series.

#29 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

Kronwall, Franzen, and Helm were on the 2008 team that won the cup

and Drew Miller won the cup with Anaheim in 2007

Edited by NyquistianDeke, 24 April 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#30 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:29 PM

Why didn't they take out Andersson instead? You could still have Bert with Sheahan and Tats and just move Jurco to a different line

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk, 24 April 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#31 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

So how does everyone feel about Todd Bertuzzi tonight?

WOW - are you guys kidding me? Have you not watched or understood our offensive struggles this entire series?

Between our constant turnovers, abysmal forecheck, and lack of any sort of net front presence (see our PP%) our team - for the first time in a long time - has looked VERY young. Quite simply, our roster in games 2/3 (w/o Alfreddson who does make a difference) cannot compete with the Bruins. I understand Jurco is a very quick and talented player, but quickness and talent wont translate into offensive success when your chasing the cycle around each shift. Bertuzzi immediately helps the forecheck, immediately helps the PP and most importantly provides a veteran presence to this line of youngsters.

I know he is not the saviour (I think we already know who that is) but I'm wondering why people who have watched this team play all series, are upset about this change. You can't remove any of the penalty killers and you aren't taking Legwand out... I hope Bert destroys Marchand tonight and finally earns us some respect (just count the cheapshots),

Yeah, a guy who had a .25 ppg will be the spark plug this team needs

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#32 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

Why didn't they take out Andersson instead? You could still have Bert with Sheahan and Tats and just move Jurco to a different line

They did. You also had to create a spot for Z.

#33 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:37 PM

Bert will die trying out there.. at least he looks scarier than anyone else we have, so he might get the Bruins attention or divert them from killing Z.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#34 WingedWheel91

WingedWheel91

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:47 PM

Well its a +0.25 PPG upgrade over what Jurco has produced this postseason. Sometimes a team as good as Boston will force you to play their game - a game that Bertuzzi is better suited for than Jurco.

#35 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:48 PM

This. As soon as he was taken off the kid line both him and Tatar looked worse (Tatar not as much).

Same thing that happened earlier this year.  When Jurco was out with a broken rib, Tats went on a slump.  He came back, sparkplug!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#36 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Well its a +0.25 PPG upgrade over what Jurco has produced this postseason. Sometimes a team as good as Boston will force you to play their game - a game that Bertuzzi is better suited for than Jurco.

If you mean by their game soft as marshmallows? Then yes, he plays their game.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#37 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:59 PM

Because slow and steady wins the race?

Edit: Andersson is out I'm assuming, but I really wanted to say that.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 24 April 2014 - 02:01 PM.

#38 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Kronwall, Franzen, and Helm were on the 2008 team that won the cup

and Drew Miller won the cup with Anaheim in 2007

My brain just farted, this was quite obvious, should have remembered thanks!

#39 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

I'm only ok with the roster change if Bertuzzi does this to Lucic...

UltimateWarrior025.jpg

Edited by kipwinger, 24 April 2014 - 02:27 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#40 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Jurco has been ineffective. Let's see what Bertuzzi can bring.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate