• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:08 PM

Babcock doesn't like how that line has been skating and the lack of pressure in the offensive zone and your solution is putting Bertuzzi in???

#42 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Jurco has been ineffective. Let's see what Bertuzzi can bring.

What's been more ineffective about him than anyone else? 

(note: this is not a rhetorical question, I missed large chunks of games 2 and 3 and I'm wondering if you noticed something I didn't)

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#43 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Babcock doesn't like how that line has been skating and the lack of pressure in the offensive zone and your solution is putting Bertuzzi in???

I'm kind of skeptical of this, as well. Bertuzzi needs to use his frame to our advantage and play physical tonight, obviously in addition to abstaining from taking idiotic penalties.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#44 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

How do we know what's been asked of Jurco? Maybe his isn't even coming close to what's been asked. Babcock is slightly more knowledgable than I am in matters such as these, but I don't have much of an issue with this swap anyway. It lets the guys know that he willing to shake things up a bit.

My point as not specifically what Babaock asked Jurco to do, I meant what players in a playoff situation are asked to do in general, go to the hard areas, play the body, back check, etc. which Jurco has done whether he is scoring or not. Could very well be other factors involved, but I disagree with this move on many levels.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#45 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Why not put Tootoo in? The guy has speed and can hit and we can't have too many hitters against a tough Boston team.

#46 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Nyquist-Helm-Franzen
Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Legwand-Bertuzzi

Does anyone have a major problem with this lineup?  I would rather Franzen sit, but it won't happen... at least he's on a line he semi-competed well with this year.

The kid line carried us into the playoffs... and it was with Nyquist on a different line.  Of course, playing Jurco on a separate line with people he hasn't played with much (remember, he spent a lot of time in GR with those two), he's going to look different or hesitant.  You've got to be able to read your teammates minds when on the ice... so put the guys together that have played together!

#47 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

I'm only ok with the roster change if Bertuzzi does this to Lucic...

UltimateWarrior025.jpg

I find it weird that you picked a picture of two dead guys...I don't know why I find that weird, I just do.

Uhh...you might want to duck!

#48 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

I also like the idea that if anyone touches Z, they might die. This possibly being Bert's last game and all.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#49 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

What's been more ineffective about him than anyone else? 

(note: this is not a rhetorical question, I missed large chunks of games 2 and 3 and I'm wondering if you noticed something I didn't)

I think Jurco struggled with puck control in the offensive zone mightily, and after losing the puck he consistently seemed to be a step behind the Bruins defensemen all the time. Nerves perhaps.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#50 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

I find it weird that you picked a picture of two dead guys...I don't know why I find that weird, I just do.

Wait, Warrior is dead?  WTF?  Wow major buzzkill.  I followed the dude after wrestling.  He was nuts but I kinda liked him

Edited by themcityblues, 24 April 2014 - 10:45 PM.

#51 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

So Franzen plays half-arsed out there, loses the puck in his own end between three other Red Wings and gives up an open shot in the slot by Ovechkin-ing his way from the Bruins blue line into his own, and Babcock would rather take out the kid that plays defense?  Good lord.

#52 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

Bert looked great for like 20min. Then I remembered why I don't like him much. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#53 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

Bert looked great for like 20min. Then I remembered why I don't like him much. 

This. He just can't keep up, which makes me kinda sad because I'm a Bert fan. Really should've just rode it out with Jurco and jumbled the lines. It's not like Jurco was detrimental.

#54 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Wait, Warrior is dead?  WTF?  Wow major buzzkill.  I followed the dude after wrestling.  He was nuts but I kinda liked him

Died a couple weeks ago...a day or two after Wrestlemania when they inducted him into the HoF.

Uhh...you might want to duck!

#55 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:34 AM

Bert did a great job!

#56 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:44 AM

Bert did a great job!

I agree.  He looked good.  Kudos to the old man.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#57 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

He made mistakes but no more than anyone else. I'm cool with keeping Bert in the lineup but for the love of God put him with Datsyuk. Homer was effective I'm the fourth line, either. Bertuzzi is a specialty player and he's really only good on the top line as a net presence. He provides an element we lack and it showed on that first goal. Plus, I like his no-panic puck control. I think we were just too ambitious trying to win with 9 rookies. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#58 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

Except for that totally unnecessary penalty that took the Wings off the PP when they could have put a fork in Boston, gave the Bruins a brief PP which they scored on.  It was a game, and likely, series changer.

#59 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Except for that totally unnecessary penalty that took the Wings off the PP when they could have put a fork in Boston, gave the Bruins a brief PP which they scored on.  It was a game, and likely, series changer.

Blowing a 2 goal lead was a game, and series changer which actually happened in reality.  Speculating about whether we'd have scored on a powerplay that was ultimately negated is just that...speculation. 

There's a lot of reasons why we're being mauled in this series.  The one you just mentioned ranks pretty low (mostly because it's predicated on something that didn't even happen.  e.g. scoring on that PP). 

#60 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

I remember that looking like a huge bit of embellishment from a player that has a very long list of embellishing things..... I don't think a bump like that should completely corkscrew a 6' 9" behemoth. Nor the previous game when 5' 9" Tatar somehow mustered the strength to throw the same 6' 9" man.