• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ACallToArms

Looking to cut cable, how to watch wings games?

Rate this topic

So, my cable bill is becoming monstrous with internet, hd service, a dvr, 2 cable boxes, etc etc. I hate paying the bill every month because no one in my family really watches it. We mostly watch blu ray/dvd, or netflix. Honestly, the only thing I watch on cable is live sports. I want to drop the TV and just have internet service. If any of you have done this, what is your solution for watching live sports? I've used rabbit ears in the past ot watch the Tigers on over the air HD, but I don't think I can get Wings games that way.

Legally (which is the only type of conversation allowed on this site so they won't press charges against Matt), your best option is Centre Ice. The bad part about it is that if a game is available in your area, you are blacked out.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that this means that you would be blacked out for any games on FSD if you live in the Detroit area.

I did try it during the half-season following the lockout, and was blacked out for Wild games since I'm in the FSN area, which sucked if FSN decided to show the Twins or T-wolves or something stupid like that.

You're also blacked out for anything NBC-related and anything on NHLN, which really sucked for me since I can't get NHLN and don't have an expensive enough package for NBCSNBS.

If you have a fancy phone, you can go that route and I think you get games regardless of where you live, albeit on a teensy screen.

They kind of have you over a barrel for legal viewing. Bastards.

Legally (which is the only type of conversation allowed on this site so they won't press charges against Matt), your best option is Centre Ice. The bad part about it is that if a game is available in your area, you are blacked out.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that this means that you would be blacked out for any games on FSD if you live in the Detroit area.

I did try it during the half-season following the lockout, and was blacked out for Wild games since I'm in the FSN area, which sucked if FSN decided to show the Twins or T-wolves or something stupid like that.

You're also blacked out for anything NBC-related and anything on NHLN, which really sucked for me since I can't get NHLN and don't have an expensive enough package for NBCSNBS.

If you have a fancy phone, you can go that route and I think you get games regardless of where you live, albeit on a teensy screen.

They kind of have you over a barrel for legal viewing. Bastards.

I looked into Center Ice and discovered local games would be blacked out.... stupid cable. Was talking to WOW today and they tried making me an offer I couldn't refuse for Cable+TV which is less than half the price of what Comcraptastic is charging me, so I might go that route.