• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Alextricity

The Franzen Hate.

Rate this topic

Guest DeGraa55

There are soooo many players I would Peter to him for both cap hit and play

You talking about hossa? If so name them.

The tipping point for me: G5, 19:25 of the Second Period. He takes a holding penalty against Johnny Boychuk, then pleads his case for all the free world to see, claiming that he either didn't do it or it was a weak call.

In the end, it was a weak play on his part.

If that's all you've got in a series-elimination game, it really is time to look back and examine all of the press you got earlier this season, calling out teammates and questioning your own ability and ask yourself this simple question: "What the hell am I doing?"

For me, his bloated contract can't be over fast enough.

Okay.

So the wings buy out franzen, we lose 25+ goals, now we need to replace him.. alfredsson retires, 15+ more.

Then Free agency rolls around and we cant get a top 6 forward...granted having z and d (hopefully)healthy will pick up some of that, but not enough to be better than we were this past season.

Now we have to rely on the kids to pick up the slack are they capable of doing it?

But do you want to put all that extra weight on a kids back before they're even in their prime?

And god forbid z or d get hurt, then what?

Trade prospect everyone nearly has written off for help up front and listen to the backlash of fans screaming about giving away "Zetterberg 2.0" for a proven 2way player, or let our kids fight through on their own with brendan smith on the second line?.

Then what happens when they start to lose, do you really want them to be booed on home ice when they struggle?

Maybe we trade Franzen.

Maybe we even get someone who's scored 30/30 once or twice.

Even the most consistent players have slumps, his will come right as franzen wins two games basically by himself and everyones gonna start in with the was it worth it talk..

Imagine if Franzen got Toronto into the last playoff spot we were chasing with a handful of demoralized kids, and our hobbled hurting vets asking why they pus themselves so hard for a team with no real plans to succed.

So.

I'll.keep him.

He's no Marian hossa, but Holland made the choice ya know.

It's not like he tried to sign them both, or anything.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Spector had a little thing up a couple of days ago about rumors Franzen could be traded. First thought: LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any GM that trades for Franzen should be fired on the spot! That then lead me to Snow and the NYI. They need some D and more O. how about franzen and Kindl for martin! perfect!

Guest Playmaker

Is Clarkson eligible for the compliance buyout? I didn't think he was.

Hossa got 30/30/60 this year with +28. That tops every Red Wings player. Arguing superstar vs. Elite is semantics. Arguing Franzen vs. Hossa, though, is laughable. Hossa is the dominant player by a wide margin.

Hossa followed the money to Chicago after being quoted as saying he'd be willing to sign for less to stay in Detroit.

I blame a lot of Francine's lackluster play on Babcock. Younger guys have to EARN their ice. Not lazyass, WHY? Dress him and let him ride the bench til he gets the message, or make him a healthy scratch.

If that don't work put the Effer on waivers and let him ride the bus to games for a while.

Yeah....because he'll definetly clear waivers...

And if he doesn't? The Wings are then off the hook for all the fun cap problems he'll cause when he retires.

How different would this year have been if Franzen's money went to Hossa and Weiss' money went to Fil?

I don't know about Franzen/Hossa, but I'll tell you this: there was absolutely NO point in tradng Filppula for Weiss. Filppula put up comparable numbers with less ice time and already spent time on our power play and building relationships with the guys on the team. I was indifferent to moving on from Filppula, but when they signed Weiss I was NOT a happy fan.

What a waste. Sure, he may turn out to play a significant role as a #2 C... but didn't we already have that in Filppula? Weiss was not leaps and bounds better, he had significant injury questions (shoulder, knee, groin, and wrist), and put up #2 numbers as a #1 guy. Hmm.... could you imagine a 25/30 center on our team this year? That might have been the catalyst to get to the #7 or #6 seed. Shame.

Yeah....because he'll definetly clear waivers...

Beats the cost of a buyout as many are suggesting.

And if he doesn't? The Wings are then off the hook for all the fun cap problems he'll cause when he retires.

YEP!

Beats the cost of a buyout as many are suggesting.

YEP!

After what the Tigers just gave Miggy and what they were offering Scherzer, I have no doubts that our owner will give every last dime away to see this team raise a banner one more time before he passes and if that means getting rid of the cancerous attitudes and efforts like Franzen's, I'm sure he'll tell you good riddance. He's not taking that cash with him when he goes, and his family is well more than set up for financial success in the future.

I don't know about Franzen/Hossa, but I'll tell you this: there was absolutely NO point in tradng Filppula for Weiss. Filppula put up comparable numbers with less ice time and already spent time on our power play and building relationships with the guys on the team. I was indifferent to moving on from Filppula, but when they signed Weiss I was NOT a happy fan.

What a waste. Sure, he may turn out to play a significant role as a #2 C... but didn't we already have that in Filppula? Weiss was not leaps and bounds better, he had significant injury questions (shoulder, knee, groin, and wrist), and put up #2 numbers as a #1 guy. Hmm.... could you imagine a 25/30 center on our team this year? That might have been the catalyst to get to the #7 or #6 seed. Shame.

Filpuula showed that he's not capable of centering the second line on a consistent basis. Every year but one he was either hurt, ineffective, or both. His one big year he spent most of it on Zetterberg's wing and followed up that season with one of his worst. He spent his last season in Detroit looking disinterested, lazy, and completely ineffective. There was no reason to bring him back, particularly not at $25 mil over 5 years. If he comes close next year to producing at the level he did this year, it will be the first time in his career that he did it back to back seasons.

Filpuula showed that he's not capable of centering the second line on a consistent basis. Every year but one he was either hurt, ineffective, or both. His one big year he spent most of it on Zetterberg's wing and followed up that season with one of his worst. He spent his last season in Detroit looking disinterested, lazy, and completely ineffective. There was no reason to bring him back, particularly not at $25 mil over 5 years. If he comes close next year to producing at the level he did this year, it will be the first time in his career that he did it back to back seasons.

Get outta here, what we're talking about is production, not attitude (good luck proving that). As far as being "completely ineffective", let's dive into some advanced metrics...

Here's something you won't hear from ANY other source but myself (I've yet to find someone who creates these kinds of statistical records-- mind you, this is using simple algebra (division) from known statistics found at and verified by Hockey-Reference, ESPN, and NHL.com).

In games played vs. total goals scored while on ice... Weiss = .62 goals/game FOR; Filppula = .61 goals/game FOR... Weiss = .65 goals/game AGAINST and Filppula = .51 goals/page AGAINST.

So they are equally effective as members of a team in scoring, but Filppula is SIGNIFICANTLY more effective on the other end AGAINST. And, as far as the "luck" factor, this is over the course of nearly 500 games for Filppula and 650 for Weiss, so throw that out. As far as the "situation" factor, this was simply a 5-on-5 and 4-on-4 even strength comparison, NOT including Power Play or Penalty Killing situations.

Mind you, I don't have finalized statistics for this year, but we all know that'll lean HEAVILY in favor of Filppula as well.

So get out of here with your conjecture. If you can't point to specific situations and can only speak in generalities, I'm through having grown up conversations with you.

Edited by _SP_

Filppula was offered a contract and wanted to test free agency instead, he then came back later to accept the original offer butby then it was too late and we spent the money elsewhere. Filppula left, we didn't just "let him walk" and we got the best replacement for him available