• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:44 AM

I know there is a Griffs forum here, but its usually deserted, and we had a thread on the main board last year.

GR opened on the road in Abbotsford last night and won 2-1 in double OT with a Ryan Sproul shot and a 55 save performance from Mrazek.

Backman also scored with a beauty toe-drag and shot.

Highlights: http://sendtonews.co...tory/fzz5nkRr4w

Note, the first round is a best of 5, first 2 on the road, then next 3 in GR.

Edited by Nev, 26 April 2014 - 03:45 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#2 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:46 AM

Backman, Sproul, Almquist, Jensen, Oulette, Marchenko... Can we play any combination of these guys instead of Kindl and Lashoff?

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#3 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

id take sproul and oulette right now

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#4 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:54 AM

Backman, Sproul, Almquist, Jensen, Oulette, Marchenko... Can we play any combination of these guys instead of Kindl and Lashoff?

Can we keep the bitching and moaning about the Wings roster to the multitude of threads devoted to bitching and moaning about the Wings roster?

Edited by Nev, 26 April 2014 - 06:55 AM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#5 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

Can we keep the bitching and moaning about the Wings roster to the multitude of threads devoted to bitching and moaning about the Wings roster?

That could also be taken as praise for our 6 GR Dmen, who are all quite good to say the least.  It's nice to see that our D depts isn't depleted and there's 6 guys we'd rather be able to choose from on GR that would likely be better than the Wings 5-6 guys.  

On the topic at hand though, I really hope the Griffs do good, defend their championship and some of the players get some really good hard looks from the Wings brass.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#6 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

GO GRIFFINS!

GO BABY GOALIE!!!

#7 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:34 AM

Great performance from M-raz, yet again. Not sure about Holland choosing to keep him there when he should be backing up Gustavsson... But he's getting great experience. Not to mention carrying the Griffs into the next round, it sounds like.

#8 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

IF the wings aren't able to come back against the B's, who's eligible to go back to GR and help the cause? Sheahan, Jurco, and Glendening? Would be a big boost for an already strong team.

Mrazek is gonna show why he's NHL ready this postseason for the Griffins.

#NOMOREKINDL

#9 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Great performance from M-raz, yet again. Not sure about Holland choosing to keep him there when he should be backing up Gustavsson... But he's getting great experience. Not to mention carrying the Griffs into the next round, it sounds like.

I think he's their best chance for a repeat.

#10 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

Backman's goal was so slick - didn't realize he had that kind of toolbox. I just thought he was a reliable guy that could chip in offensively and skate decently. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#11 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

IF the wings aren't able to come back against the B's, who's eligible to go back to GR and help the cause? Sheahan, Jurco, and Glendening? Would be a big boost for an already strong team.

Mrazek is gonna show why he's NHL ready this postseason for the Griffins.

Just Sheahan and Jurco

#12 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

Just Sheahan and Jurco

Not DeKeyser?

#13 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Just Sheahan and Jurco

And Oulette. I haven't heard anything about him being sent back down since his call up. I could be wrong, of course.

#14 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:26 PM

Not DeKeyser?

Dekeyser was in the NHL all year. I think he would have had to have been sent down once or atleats had a "on paper" demotion to be able to play.

It funny similar the Sproul winner was to Bostons in Game 4

#15 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

Grand Rapids is gonna repeat I'm calling it now ... That lineup is ridiculously good

#16 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,582 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

LET'S GO GRIFFS

#17 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Go Griffins!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#18 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

7-2 win last night, Sproul with 1G 2A to go with his game winner in game 1.

Game 3 Friday in GR, and they'll have Jurco, Sheahan and Oullet back :)

#19 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

The roster is hilariously awesome.

It's kinda bittersweet for me, though. Knowing Blashill's going to be plucked by the Leafs and s***. blargh.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#20 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

Griffins are getting back Sheahan, Jurco, and Oulette for their playoff run.  I thought Glendenning was also a possibility, but oh well.

Go Griffins!

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain