• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Grand Rapids Griffins - defend the cup

Rate this topic

I know there is a Griffs forum here, but its usually deserted, and we had a thread on the main board last year.

GR opened on the road in Abbotsford last night and won 2-1 in double OT with a Ryan Sproul shot and a 55 save performance from Mrazek.

Backman also scored with a beauty toe-drag and shot.

Highlights: http://sendtonews.com/#!highlight/story/fzz5nkRr4w

Note, the first round is a best of 5, first 2 on the road, then next 3 in GR.

Edited by Nev

Backman, Sproul, Almquist, Jensen, Oulette, Marchenko... Can we play any combination of these guys instead of Kindl and Lashoff?

Can we keep the bitching and moaning about the Wings roster to the multitude of threads devoted to bitching and moaning about the Wings roster?

Edited by Nev

Can we keep the bitching and moaning about the Wings roster to the multitude of threads devoted to bitching and moaning about the Wings roster?

That could also be taken as praise for our 6 GR Dmen, who are all quite good to say the least. It's nice to see that our D depts isn't depleted and there's 6 guys we'd rather be able to choose from on GR that would likely be better than the Wings 5-6 guys.

On the topic at hand though, I really hope the Griffs do good, defend their championship and some of the players get some really good hard looks from the Wings brass.

Great performance from M-raz, yet again. Not sure about Holland choosing to keep him there when he should be backing up Gustavsson... But he's getting great experience. Not to mention carrying the Griffs into the next round, it sounds like.

IF the wings aren't able to come back against the B's, who's eligible to go back to GR and help the cause? Sheahan, Jurco, and Glendening? Would be a big boost for an already strong team.

Mrazek is gonna show why he's NHL ready this postseason for the Griffins.

IF the wings aren't able to come back against the B's, who's eligible to go back to GR and help the cause? Sheahan, Jurco, and Glendening? Would be a big boost for an already strong team.

Mrazek is gonna show why he's NHL ready this postseason for the Griffins.

Just Sheahan and Jurco

Felt bad for the Heat last night....they're getting kicked out of town by the arena authority (next stop, Glens Fals, NY?) so there were like a dozen people there for what was most likely the last home game ever.

Griffs looked amazing...do not sleep on Andej Nestrasil. It took him a couple of years to develop, but he has a very nice game between the dots. I'm not sweating the Jarnkrok trade nearly as much having seen Janmark play a game or two. He's, bigger and he has some skills...he made a very nice move tot he cage to set up Parkes on that first goal last night.

Edited by Shinzaki

The roster is hilariously awesome.

It's kinda bittersweet for me, though. Knowing Blashill's going to be plucked by the Leafs and s***. blargh.

The way he was talking last week it sounds like he wants to see out his contract with the Griffs (summer 2015)

Griffins lighting up and The Mitch isn't even back yet. I've got a great feeling they can go all the way.

A hockey team that plays with PASSION and ENERGY. Griffins have got an almost perfect blend of size, skill, speed and physicality. Gonna be heard to stop.

Just wish the Wings took a few lessons on how GR has lit up the AHL the past few years.

I am not sure if this could happen but if i'm wrong someone please correct me.

Anthony Mantha and Val'dor are down to the final game, if they lose they are eliminated. Mantha should be able to come to GR should his team be eliminated which makes our team even better. I have a feeling he will score quite a bit of goals for us. This will also help him get ready to hopefully get a chance for the team next year. The kid is incredible.

Season Stats:

57GP 57G 63A 120P

Playoff Stats:

15GP 17G 7A 24P

I am not sure if this could happen but if i'm wrong someone please correct me.

Anthony Mantha and Val'dor are down to the final game, if they lose they are eliminated. Mantha should be able to come to GR should his team be eliminated which makes our team even better. I have a feeling he will score quite a bit of goals for us. This will also help him get ready to hopefully get a chance for the team next year. The kid is incredible.

Season Stats:

57GP 57G 63A 120P

Playoff Stats:

15GP 17G 7A 24P

It's already been pointed out elsewhere that Mantha is disqualified from playing in this AHL postseason due to not being on the roster prior to the end of the regular season. This applies to DeKeyser as well.