• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nev

Grand Rapids Griffins - defend the cup

Rate this topic

Dekeyser isn't eligible to play for Grand Rapids because he's played too many NHL games. I may be wrong but I think the rule you're referencing is for sending players down to the AHL from an NHL team.

As far as I know Mantha is completely eligible to join the Griffins just as Ouellet and Sproul did last season. He seems to think he's eligible based on this quote.

“To be honest, I’m not really thinking about it,” he said. “I’m trying to focus on my playoffs right now. Who knows? Maybe if Grand Rapids (Detroit’s AHL affiliate) go far this year, I might head up after my season here is finished.”

It's already been pointed out elsewhere that Mantha is disqualified from playing in this AHL postseason due to not being on the roster prior to the end of the regular season. This applies to DeKeyser as well.

not true..guys from the CHL can jump in when their season ends

edit: see Athanasiou, Paterson, Nastasiuk as an example

Edited by ahkmed

not true..guys from the CHL can jump in when their season ends

edit: see Athanasiou, Paterson, Nastasiuk as an example

Then why is Richdg saying he talked to a member of GR management and they said otherwise, over in the Mantha thread? Lol

To be perfectly honest, my interest in hockey has been wavering at best - failing to watch as much as a period of the NHL Playoffs to this point - but I am extremely excited for the Calder Cup Playoffs and to be at the Van Andel on Wednesday.

I don't think its an accident that his contract ends at the exact same time as Babcock's

And Babcock says he thinks a man is no longer effective after 9 (I think, don't remember the exact number) years in a job and next year will be his 9th year as head coach here.

I don't think its an accident that his contract ends at the exact same time as Babcock's

And Babcock says he thinks a man is no longer effective after 9 (I think, don't remember the exact number) years in a job and next year will be his 9th year as head coach here.

If Blashill becomes Babcock's successor, it will be because the same guy has been coaching the same players for too long. The irony is that he (Blashill) will actually have coached a lot of the guys on the 2015 Red Wings team for several years already via the Griffins. Not exactly a fresh face.

Edited by rick zombo

Griffins move on to the next round, and for the 2nd year in a row has their opponent's last game ever played end on their home ice....in the first round.

Pulk with a heck a slapper. Hogan with 2. Sheahan with 1 and Ferraro with an EN.

Then why is Richdg saying he talked to a member of GR management and they said otherwise, over in the Mantha thread? Lol

I watched the game yesterday and the announcer's mentioned that Holland said Mantha would join the Griffins if they outlast Val'd Or. Not sure if this means Mantha will be playing though.