• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

His coaching has been poor, but everyone says we shouldn't think about firing him, because Holland is entirely to blame and Babcock is wanted by every team in the league. I'm not a big fan of immunity for people in power.

I'm not sure there's anyone better out there now, and Blashill isn't ready yet. But Babs has turned a masterful job in the regular season, to a s*** job thru 5 games in the playoffs.

Guest Playmaker

Ballsy. I like it.

I would take down the Hockeytown logo from center ice until the team becomes a contender again.

Right now, their goal seems to be just continuing the playoff streak. The streak wasn't just about making the playoffs, it was about being a contender every year. Mediocrity and Hockeytown shouldn't go together.

No team in any sport is a contender every single year. It just doesn't happen. Players age, injuries happen, salary caps and Free Agency limits, low draft picks make having any kind of 40 year dynasty impossible.

I'm not sure there's anyone better out there now, and Blashill isn't ready yet. But Babs has turned a masterful job in the regular season, to a s*** job thru 5 games in the playoffs.

Doesn't matter if someone is better. That's not why teams make coaching changes.

The Ducks fired Babcock and won the Cup a few years later. Does that mean he was a bad coach? No. But sometimes you have to make a change to freshen things up. This team needs some kind of a change in its philosophy. It won't just come with getting rid of old players (they're all scratched anyway) and calling up more kids from GR. Something more is needed in the attitude of the organization. The complacency and lack of accountability is not a good thing.

No team in any sport is a contender every single year. It just doesn't happen. Players age, injuries happen, salary caps and Free Agency limits, low draft picks make having any kind of 40 year dynasty impossible.

That's funny. Pittsburgh and Chicago have seemed to be a contender every year since 08. Boston pretty close as well.

Doesn't matter if someone is better. That's not why teams make coaching changes.

The Ducks fired Babcock and won the Cup a few years later. Does that mean he was a bad coach? No. But sometimes you have to make a change to freshen things up. This team needs some kind of a change in its philosophy. It won't just come with getting rid of old players (they're all scratched anyway) and calling up more kids from GR. Something more is needed in the attitude of the organization. The complacency and lack of accountability is not a good thing.

The reason I think Blashill could be a good choice in the next couple years is that he KNOWS these kids - he gets them - he knows when each of them thrive and falter. With the huge volume of kids coming up the pipeline I think he is a good choice due to his familiarity.

Of course not. But when you have players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg still in their primes, you have to take advantage of that. Holland and Babcock could have done more to stop this team's decline over the years. It helps them that no pressure was felt from the ownership to keep things going. Once again, no accountability.

It's so bad that there's talk of promoting Holland in the organization, even though the team has declined steadily under him over the years. Why should Holland be promoted?

abby on the first line isnt working. Whether you like it or not. it just isnt working. Its great to think that he'll be good and open up room for dats and z BUT nope it just doesn't work.

He just doesnt have good passing skills to be effective. kills our possession.