• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

We managed to keep it 1-0. That's a victory of sorts. And we looked decent at the end there.

Boston is getting their sticks in the way and are getting a ton of lucky bounces.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Babcock can give his two cents, and it's well established that the two disagree frequently, but Holland has ultimate say on all personnel matters.

So no, I don't think Babcock is equally responsible for lack of moves. He doesn't have the authority to make trades or offer contracts. How could he possibly be just as responsible? It's literally not his responsibility.

Where has it been established the two disagree? I don't remember hearing that other than on LGW. I've always thought Babcock has a lot of influence in the organization because of his status as a top coach in the league.

In any case, Babcock is responsible for crappy line combos and not making good adjustments. Playing Abby on the top line and Legwand on the 4th line is laughable. Legwand is a solid player who could contribute, instead he's paired with Glendenning and Miller.

abby on the first line isnt working. Whether you like it or not. it just isnt working. Its great to think that he'll be good and open up room for dats and z BUT nope it just doesn't work.

He just doesnt have good passing skills to be effective. kills our possession.

Exactly!

I think you are confused on what the coach vs. GM's jobs are if you think Babcock built any roster.

He's helped build this roster since he took over as coach. As far as drafting and adding input to trades, free agent moves. Obviously, he didn't help build Zetterbrerg or Datsyuk, but his stamp is all over the team as we now know it.

So you don't think Babcock is equally responsible for the bad moves or lack of moves Holland has made over the years?

Sounds like many people here think Holland is operating without input from Babcock. I doubt it. Babcock is just as responsible, imo.

A good GM is supposed to listen to roster input from the coach, yes. However, we have no idea if KH actually listens to anyone.

I wish they'd crash the net. Every time they do something happens. Cycling around the perimeter just doesn't work. It's a gamble because you know Boston will get their sticks in the way after a pass or two.

Also, NBC sucks. They sound more homerish than Boston's local guys.

And I also agree that this seasons roster is woefully imbalanced, that our best vets all playing injured (bar Kronwall) or missing (Ericsson) is a bridge too far for a team too reliant on kids who are being expected to player higher up the line up than they should be because of injuries or loss of form. Boston are considerably better balanced even when all are full strength, primarily because their D is so much better and their 4th line is much more effective than ours.

Where has it been established the two disagree? I don't remember hearing that other than on LGW. I've always thought Babcock has a lot of influence in the organization because of his status as a top coach in the league.

In any case, Babcock is responsible for crappy line combos and not making good adjustments. Playing Abby on the top line and Legwand on the 4th line is laughable. Legwand is a solid player who could contribute, instead he's paired with Glendenning and Miller.

I've heard it or read it more than a few times. Here's one I could still track down.

Mike Babcock: Oh, for sure, you know, I was laughing the other day, I hadn't looked at a Hockey News in forever, and I was at my dad's place in Saskatoon, and I flip it open, and it goes to the Red Wings, and it says, "Lots of disagreement over players last year between Ken Holland and Mike Babcock," and my dad looks at me, "Isn't that every year?" and I said, "Every year, every day."

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/do-ken-holland-and-mike-babcock-disagree-about-personnel-yes-and-they-like

Good god the Ducks had TWO hall of fame defenseman and a goalie playing out of his mind PLUS two coming all-stars, yeah hard to win a cup with such a roster. Carlyle hasn't had any success since then.

Babcock is the best coach in the league and him getting this roster into the post season has been an unbelievable job, no other coach would have accomplished that.

Maybe. Who knows?

I doubt any coach would put Abdelkader on the 1st line either.

I wish they'd crash the net. Every time they do something happens. Cycling around the perimeter just doesn't work. It's a gamble because you know Boston will get their sticks in the way after a pass or two. Also, NBC sucks. They sound more homerish than Boston's local guys. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

It's really embarrassing really that this is considered a national neutral broadcast. The only thing they talk about is how great the Bruins are at all times. They do the same thing with the Blackhawks and Penguins too.

Guest Playmaker

Young guys playing scared..veterans playing with no heart..

Datsyuk is playing with a severely injured knee, Zetterberg is coming off back surgery, Alfredsson is injured. I don't think heart is the problem.

I wish they'd crash the net. Every time they do something happens. Cycling around the perimeter just doesn't work. It's a gamble because you know Boston will get their sticks in the way after a pass or two. Also, NBC sucks. They sound more homerish than Boston's local guys. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

In fairness, the Wings are doing a whole lot of nothing to earn any sort of praise. The best thing we can say about that period is we only came out of it down by one goal.

He's helped build this roster since he took over as coach. As far as drafting and adding input to trades, free agent moves. Obviously, he didn't help build Zetterbrerg or Datsyuk, but his stamp is all over the team as we now know it.

Any proof?

Not to mention he took the Ducks to the Cup finals his first year as coach. He had zero part in building that roster.

Guest Playmaker

It's really embarrassing really that this is considered a national neutral broadcast. The only thing they talk about is how great the Bruins are at all times. They do the same thing with the Blackhawks and Penguins too.

The Wings look pathetic. Boston has dominated in every aspect of the game. What do you want them to say?

kronwall thinks hes lidstrom with his slapper.

changes need to be made:

id put franzen, nyquist, zetterberg together.

Tatar, alfie, datsyuk.

Totally agree. No brainer for me.

I just hope Babcock doesn't wait til there's five minutes left to make changes.

There's got to be some line combo that can carry (not pass) the puck into the zone and the crease.