• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Dang need to get a psychiatrist in here for some if you. It's not that bad. They'll make it close and whomever said that Babcock needs to go is insane. He's the coach of the year for what he's done

I didn't say he should go. I just think that option should be explored. Honestly, I think he should go himself because a fresh start would be good for him. He's hit a brick wall with this team.

I love Z, but he shouldn't have came back yet. He has 0 speed right now and that just plays into Boston's favor.

The "healthier" the Wings get the slower they become.

I think it was Quincey I seen not wanting to get hit in which that allowed Bergeron to start Bostons offense. I'm pretty sure half of this lineup doesn't understand that you have to pay the price to win in the playoffs.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Any proof?

Not to mention he took the Ducks to the Cup finals his first year as coach. He had zero part in building that roster.

Proof that Babcock is responsible for input in trades and signings, draft picks? That's something coaches generally give input on, unless there's some kind of rift. There's no proof I can give you any more than you can give me. It's just speculation of course. But imo, he's helped build this team since he took over as coach. He's been here long enough to have that influence.

abby on the first line isnt working. Whether you like it or not. it just isnt working. Its great to think that he'll be good and open up room for dats and z BUT nope it just doesn't work.

He just doesnt have good passing skills to be effective. kills our possession.

yes! the Abdelkader experiment needs to end

he is not going to morph into Holmstrom2.0 any time soon, or ever

kinda wish they'd try Legwand there, and move Abby to the 4th line

Detroit can hardly make a pass in the offensive. Must get more shots on the net, get some rebounds.

Yup...shoot the puck and crash the net....been the secret to every good playoff run we've had. Sure its fine for D & Z to try to pull the skill, but when the other lines do the same, it doesn;t work.

Proof that Babcock is responsible for input in trades and signings, draft picks? That's something coaches generally give input on, unless there's some kind of rift. There's no proof I can give you any more than you can give me. It's just speculation of course. But imo, he's helped build this team since he took over as coach. He's been here long enough to have that influence.

Input of course. You're making it sound like he built this team.

And as I said, the two are known for not always agreeing.

Even if Babcock has the most terrible personnel ideas, it's ultimately Holland's job to make the right move.

When Babcock insists on keeping Kindl at the point or makes some other bad ice time decision, I don't blame Holland for it just because he's the one who signed Kindl.

Datsyuk is playing with a severely injured knee, Zetterberg is coming off back surgery, Alfredsson is injured. I don't think heart is the problem.

Legwand..Franzen have been garbage..Alfie has done very little most of the season..Z is the only one with a legitimate excuse..Pav wouldn't be playing with a severely injured knee lulz

Boston has a Vezina nominee (probably winner) goalie. A Hart, Selke nominee (probably winner) two way forward in Bergeron. A stacked team.

We have an injured goalie, captain, young team and a Franzen.

We were not going to win this series.

Just my opinion, but the line combinations are largely irrelevant at this point. I would probably give Legwand more of a role, though I haven't been impressed with him either.

Boston is just better, in nearly every area in the game. The Wings can change lines all they want and nothing is going to affect the outcome.

There was a reason these two teams were separated by 25 points.

Boston has a Vezina nominee (probably winner) goalie. A Hart, Selke nominee (probably winner) two way forward in Bergeron. A stacked team.

We have an injured goalie, captain, young team and a Franzen.

We were not going to win this series.

You forgot the patchwork blue line corps

Babcock abandoned the Abdelkader experiment last year. I wonder why he's sticking to it now? Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

The only reason I can think of it right now is he needs someone to skate for them and get into the corners without being pushed around too much.

I love Z, but he shouldn't have came back yet. He has 0 speed right now and that just plays into Boston's favor.

The "healthier" the Wings get the slower they become.

I think it was Quincey I seen not wanting to get hit in which that allowed Bergeron to start Bostons offense. I'm pretty sure half of this lineup doesn't understand that you have to pay the price to win in the playoffs.

Some of the kids don't. Tats does but is playing on his own. Smith seems to get it. Others like Quincey, Kindl etc won't ever get it. Dats, Z & Alfie are too banged up to really make much happen. Miller's not very good. Franzen is, as we know, borderline schizo in his play, so god only knows.

Maybe. Who knows?

I doubt any coach would put Abdelkader on the 1st line either.

I spend a lot of my hockey time reading up on other teams. What I've found is that every fan base has the exact same grievances. In Ottawa, for example, MacLean gives quality minutes to Neil and lets Phillips wear an A, and half the fans are howling about such and such a prospect that could be scoring 100 goals if Paul MacLean weren't so effing in love with his precious washed-up veterans. Neil is used on the power play, and Random Senators Fan dies inside.

We have it really good. Really, really, really, really good. As good as it can possibly be in the salary cap era. We're in a bit of a lull, by our standards, but at least we're not looking at 900 years in the gutter (see: Chicago). ("Model Franchise," my ass.) I think Kenny is largely clueless, and I think Babcock might be a bit overrated. But I'd take them over any other GM-coach duo in the league.

Now, on the other hand, I wouldn't be opposed to Blashill getting the gig. I love that guy.

Input of course. You're making it sound like he built this team.

And as I said, the two are known for not always agreeing.

Even if Babcock has the most terrible personnel ideas, it's ultimately Holland's job to make the right move.

When Babcock insists on keeping Kindl at the point or makes some other bad ice time decision, I don't blame Holland for it just because he's the one who signed Kindl.

Can we just agree that Kenny should be fired? ;)

Guest Playmaker

Legwand..Franzen have been garbage..Alfie has done very little most of the season..Z is the only one with a legitimate excuse..Pav wouldn't be playing with a severely injured knee lulz

Right, he didn't miss any games because of his knee injury. He didn't play injured in the Olympics and he didn't come back with the Wings saying he won't injure his knee any further by playing. But right, he's 100%

I spend a lot of my hockey time reading up on other teams. What I've found is that every fan base has the exact same grievances. In Ottawa, for example, MacLean gives quality minutes to Neil and lets Phillips wear an A, and half the fans are howling about such and such a prospect that could be scoring 100 goals if Paul MacLean weren't so effing in love with his precious washed-up veterans. Neil is used on the power play, and Random Senators Fan dies inside.

We have it really good. Really, really, really, really good. As good as it can possibly be in the salary cap era. We're in a bit of a lull, by our standards, but at least we're not looking at 900 years in the gutter (see: Chicago). ("Model Franchise," my ass.) I think Kenny is largely clueless, and I think Babcock might be a bit overrated. But I'd take them over any other GM-coach duo in the league.

Now, on the other hand, I wouldn't be opposed to Blashill getting the gig. I love that guy.

If you say that Kenny is largely clueless, why do you want him back?