• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

Where has it been established the two disagree? I don't remember hearing that other than on LGW. I've always thought Babcock has a lot of influence in the organization because of his status as a top coach in the league.

In any case, Babcock is responsible for crappy line combos and not making good adjustments. Playing Abby on the top line and Legwand on the 4th line is laughable. Legwand is a solid player who could contribute, instead he's paired with Glendenning and Miller.

There have been several occasions where Babcock has stated that he has many disagreements with Holland. There have also been occasions where he's made comments about not being happy we didn't go after guys. One time he even had a quote in the press saying he was flat out "pissed" Holland didn't go after someone given the price he ended up signing for. I can't remember who at this moment, but I really think it's safe to say this team would have a different makeup if Babcock had more of a say.

Just my opinion, but the line combinations are largely irrelevant at this point. I would probably give Legwand more of a role, though I haven't been impressed with him either.

Boston is just better, in nearly every area in the game. The Wings can change lines all they want and nothing is going to affect the outcome.

There was a reason these two teams were separated by 25 points.

oh no doubt. BUT you have to also see that some matchups are just not working.

Boston might be better but red wings aren't bad either. They beat them this year in the regular season and most of the players are the same from last years playoffs where we beat the ducks and almost beat the hawks.

Abby has no passing skills whatsoever, its a waste for datsyuk or zetterberg to try and pass to the guy because all he does is go in the corner, lose a battle and turns the puck over.

yes! the Abdelkader experiment needs to end

he is not going to morph into Holmstrom2.0 any time soon, or ever

kinda wish they'd try Legwand there, and move Abby to the 4th line

Move tats up Move Legwand to 2nd, Play Alfie with Sheahan and Abs, Helm Glenny Miller on the 4th.

yes! the Abdelkader experiment needs to end

Exactly! Placing Abdelkader beside to Datsyuk was one of the main reasons of the lost against Blackhawks last year.

There have been several occasions where Babcock has stated that he has many disagreements with Holland. There have also been occasions where he's made comments about not being happy we didn't go after guys. One time he even had a quote in the press saying he was flat out "pissed" Holland didn't go after someone given the price he ended up signing for. I can't remember who at this moment, but I really think it's safe to say this team would have a different makeup if Babcock had more of a say.

I've heard these things before here on LGW, but have never heard Babcock saying these things in a press conference. Would be interesting to know who that player was Holland didn't sign.

I've heard these things before here on LGW, but have never heard Babcock saying these things in a press conference. Would be interesting to know who that player was Holland didn't sign.

Brett Burns.

Haha, their break feature about grinder is not about the Wings line, but the Bruins. Despite good shifts by the Wings.

Anyone else notice that when Nyquist shoots he shoots really, really soft this series?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2