• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

You know why Lucic speared Dekeyser? Because he can and no one was going to do s*** about it. And on top of that, he comes back and scores big goals. This s*** isn't about "class" people. It's about winning Stanley Cups. You have to do WHATEVER it takes out there. If you have to literally HURT the other team, you do it. We're WAY too ******* soft. Our team is seriously a bunch of *******. Teams like Boston can do whatever they want against us and we can't do s*** about it. I said Bruins in 5 or 6 before the series started so I'm not surprised one bit. Anyone who actually thought we were going to win this series was completely blind.

Last year when we lost in the playoffs, there was a lot of hope for the future. The young guys were awesome, Howard had his best season and playoffs as a Wing, and it looked like the old garbage would be gone.

One year later, the young guys have disappeared in the playoffs (especially Nyquil), Howard had his worst season as Wing, and all the old trash that we thought would be gone last season is still here.

I can't think of one positive to come out of these playoffs.

Franzen disappearing again might actually motivate Holland to get rid of him?

Well, this series has succeeded in at least one thing for me. It has developed in me a new hatred for the Bruins, a team that I was previously somewhat indifferent towards. Especially Lucic and Chara. I would not mind at all if bad things happened to them endlessly.

What a difference a year makes.

Last year when we lost in the playoffs, there was a lot of hope for the future. The young guys were awesome, Howard had his best season and playoffs as a Wing, and it looked like the old garbage would be gone.

One year later, the young guys have disappeared in the playoffs (especially Nyquil), Howard had his worst season as Wing, and all the old trash that we thought would be gone last season is still here.

I can't think of one positive to come out of these playoffs.

Maybe Smiths development, Gus has been good. Outside of that.... more negatives then 2012.

Don't feel strongly either way, but if Holland made those roster calls, would you keep him?

Nope - there needs to be a focus change. If there's one thing Holland has shown is he's trying to use the same tricks that worked when the Wings were close to winning the cup and trying to use that as a slingshot to get them competitive for one now. The Wings just aren't that close to a Cup. If Washington and/or Toronto hadn't collapsed we're having this conversation 3 weeks ago.

Despite being big and tough biggest bunch of divers I have seen since SJ teams of years past. Can't believe refs fall for this s*** from big bad bruins.

2nd worst thing other than losing is hearing ****** lord Edzo talking.

Fire Holland

cut Franzen/Lashoff/Kindl/Weiss/Sammy/Cleary. don't resign Bert or Alfie. Dangle Howard as trade bait.

Blow it up. Bring in a new GM (Jarmo in Columbus would be epic for this franchise and I think they could get him too) and rebuild.

I agree. Look at the squad that Jarmo put together over the course of a couple seasons. They function as a team,and have a real chance of bouncing s***sburgh and Cindy from the first round.

How nice to make four million dollars and work 20 nights per year. The life of Johan Franzen. They have to get rid of this bum.

If Holland would realize that it's more about his production vs. his cap hit, then maybe they would. It's his listless play and lack of leadership that is a growing cancer in the locker room. You've gotta think by now his teammates are starting to get tired of waiting for him to start playing like he can. He's simply too much of an enigma to sort out, and he's also not getting any younger as he'll turn 35 this year....

but don't get me wrong, I don't actually believe they'll buy him out

though I can dream, can't I?