• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

I'm borderline ashamed of the Detroit Red Wings. Even with all the stuff we had going against us, we really just laid down and died in this series.

I was more more ashamed when we've got steamrolled by the Preds,the Bruins was just a better team in every aspect of the game.

The better team won. Fully expected that result, just kinda disappointed with how it went down.

Another long summer. Holland has a lot of work to do. The Wings have a sound foundation, but clearly need some adjustments to get back to championship contention.

I think this series showed the glaring holes in this Wings team. I do not believe Holland will do anything or enough to make the drastic changes that this club needs to be competitive again. That said I will never follow another hockey team. Still proud to be a Wings fan despite everything.

The Wings did their job. They kept the Toronto Maple Leafs out of the playoffs. Mission accomplished. :P

Detroit had no business making the playoffs given all of the injury drama throughout the season. The Wings need to try to clean house in the offseason (hopefully Francine, Abdelkader, Bertuzzi, Cleary, and Quincey).

Theres nothing wrong with Abby on the team. Hes just not a top 6 player which they are trying to force him to be. He is what the Wings need on the 3rd and 4th.

Great series by the Bruins they schooled us. Too bad Z, Dats and Alfie weren't 100% or else we could have made it a series. Rask is just too tough to beat 4 games anyways and their defense onviosuly blows ours away. Big E missing would've helped us. Anyways Boston will win cup so it's all good. We always lose to the eventual champions right?

Theres nothing wrong with Abby on the team. Hes just not a top 6 player which they are trying to force him to be. He is what the Wings need on the 3rd and 4th.

Agreed. He's a very good bottom 6-er. I can see Babcock's thinking, but it doesn't work. Hopefully, whether its Mantha or an FA, we can get a proper threat on the first line next year.

Positives:

Holland wanted answers he has them now:

Team needs to get bigger, meaner, tougher and still younger.

Re-sign Dekeyser, Monster (if he wants) and bring in defensive help plus 2 enforcers.

DONE

Mule, Alfie, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Miller ......

DO NOT

sign someone like Jagr, Selanne...

play the young kids add toughness and look hard at the Boston model that's the way to build a playoff winner.

Boston is the team coming out of the east and hopefully they are facing someone not name Blackhawks

Edited by frankgrimes

So who's doing Ken Holland's exit interview?

Jimmy D but I really doubt that happens for many reasons which I won't go into now, Im sure there will be a thread to do that in soon.