• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 5 - Red Wings at Bruins - 3:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

So you don't think Babcock is equally responsible for the bad moves or lack of moves Holland has made over the years?

Sounds like many people here think Holland is operating without input from Babcock. I doubt it. Babcock is just as responsible, imo.

Babcock can give his two cents, and it's well established that the two disagree frequently, but Holland has ultimate say on all personnel matters.

So no, I don't think Babcock is equally responsible for lack of moves. He doesn't have the authority to make trades or offer contracts. How could he possibly be just as responsible? It's literally not his responsibility.

stop this stupid excuse please we aren't french fries let them use this excuse. The Bruins are outplaying the Wings plain and simple and the refs for the most part have done a good job. Playoff hockey is physical and hardnosed the refs are trying harder not to interfere with the game simple as that.

Apologies for not making it easier for you to understand.

YES The Bruins are better.

YES They deserve to be winning.

YES The Playoffs are tougher.

NO the refs have not been consistent with calls, meaning the bruins can hit late AND Dive almost with impunity. Though we are clearly the inferior team, better officiating has us win game 4, as 2 bruins goals were indirectly the result of either soft calls against us, or ignoring blatant trips, stick grabs etc by Boston. That's not to say it wouldn't have been a lucky win due to the bruins missing chances.

I've nothing against hard hitting and letting things go, but the things the refs have been letting go have been either cynical cheating or attempts to hurt or injure away from the play. It is the one thing that continually pisses me off about the NHL. The standard of in game officiating (and the random plays where they can't use video reviews) is just not good enough considering the number of officials and the constant video coverage. You are relying on luck regarding what they do and don't see.

While we all want some serious toughness to stand up to opposition cheap shots (and the bruins play just beyond the edge without gooning it up), but spearing, trips behind the play, running the 'tender are things that need to be called whether playoffs or not. Especially when the bruins are getting calls in their favour for all kinds of dives

Oh yeah. :lol:

Well, they still won the Cup a few years later, though. With a roster different than the one he built. So a change helped them, and not because babcock is a bad coach.

I think you are confused on what the coach vs. GM's jobs are if you think Babcock built any roster.

Oh yeah. :lol:

Well, they still won the Cup a few years later, though. With a roster different than the one he built. So a change helped them, and not because babcock is a bad coach.

Good god the Ducks had TWO hall of fame defenseman and a goalie playing out of his mind PLUS two coming all-stars, yeah hard to win a cup with such a roster. Carlyle hasn't had any success since then.

Babcock is the best coach in the league and him getting this roster into the post season has been an unbelievable job, no other coach would have accomplished that.

I haven't been reading this thread, so this may have been said already...I think we're done for year with this game. We're on the power play and it looks even strength. There isn't one aspect of this team right now that is standing out. The goaltending, offense, defense, power play, penalty kill...it all looks like s***.