• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#241 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

That just feels like making a change for the sake of changing something so there's new things to talk about. 

Babcock is hardly a coach who isn't big on accountability. 

This team has so much dead weight to shed there could potentially be a lot of new blood for Babcock to work with if Holland actually makes some moves. 

So you don't think Babcock is equally responsible for the bad moves or lack of moves Holland has made over the years?

Sounds like many people here think Holland is operating without input from Babcock.  I doubt it.  Babcock is just as responsible, imo.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#242 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

I think Eaves has been decent this series not great though....oh that's David Legwand? One of the Predators best players in their history? Wow...funny.

#243 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

I wish we had a power forward.

Abdelk-

Nevermind

#244 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,897 posts

Of course not.  But when you have players like Datsyuk and Zetterberg still in their primes, you have to take advantage of that.  Holland and Babcock could have done more to stop this team's decline over the years.  It helps them that no pressure was felt from the ownership to keep things going.  Once again, no accountability.

It's so bad that there's talk of promoting Holland in the organization, even though the team has declined steadily under him over the years.  Why should Holland be promoted?

It's not Babcock's job to stop the roster from declining.  That's Holland's. 

otherwise I agree completely.   Holland wasted Nicks last years when Dats and Z were in their prime. 

Holland should have kept his joking promise and retired when Lidstrom did.  Because he clearly didn't plan for a post-Listdrom era.

#245 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Ladies and gentleman, the curse of Todd Bertuzzi is alive and well. Once he is off the active roster, we'll be relevant again.

#246 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

We are jyst too slow.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#247 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Monster keeping the team in it

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#248 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

The Ducks didn't fire Babcock - he declined their offer to renew his contract to come here.

Oh yeah.   :lol:

Well, they still won the Cup a few years later, though.  With a roster different than the one he built.  So a change helped them, and not because babcock is a bad coach.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#249 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

This is pathetic

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#250 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

That's funny. Pittsburgh and Chicago have seemed to be a contender every year since 08. Boston pretty close as well.

Okay, and the Wings were contenders for 10 years too.  But all of those teams also went through extended periods of not making the playoffs before that.

#251 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

On the PP, no help for Datsyuk.f****** useless team

#252 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,897 posts

So you don't think Babcock is equally responsible for the bad moves or lack of moves Holland has made over the years?

Sounds like many people here think Holland is operating without input from Babcock.  I doubt it.  Babcock is just as responsible, imo.  

Babcock can give his two cents, and it's well established that the two disagree frequently, but Holland has ultimate say on all personnel matters.

So no, I don't think Babcock is equally responsible for lack of moves.  He doesn't have the authority to make trades or offer contracts.   How could he possibly be just as responsible?  It's literally not his responsibility. 

#253 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Constantly outmanned on thef****** PP

#254 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Team don't care, I don't care.
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#255 DatsZway

DatsZway

Draftee

• 12 posts

kronwall really makes some stupid decisions. only shoot it if you can get it through. 

#256 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

stop this stupid excuse please we aren't french fries let them use this excuse. The Bruins are outplaying the Wings plain and simple and the refs for the most part have done a good job. Playoff hockey is physical and hardnosed the refs are trying harder not to interfere with the game simple as that.

Apologies for not making it easier for you to understand.

YES The Bruins are better.

YES They deserve to be winning.

YES The Playoffs are tougher.

NO the refs have not been consistent with calls, meaning the bruins can hit late AND Dive almost with impunity. Though we are clearly the inferior team, better officiating has us win game 4, as 2 bruins goals were indirectly the result of either soft calls against us, or ignoring blatant trips, stick grabs etc by Boston. That's not to say it wouldn't have been a lucky win due to the bruins missing chances. 

I've nothing against hard hitting and letting things go, but the things the refs have been letting go have been either cynical cheating or attempts to hurt or injure away from the play. It is the one thing that continually pisses me off about the NHL. The standard of in game officiating (and the random plays where they can't use video reviews) is just not good enough considering the number of officials and the constant video coverage. You are relying on luck regarding what they do and don't see. 

While we all want some serious toughness to stand up to opposition cheap shots (and the bruins play just beyond the edge without gooning it up), but spearing, trips behind the play, running the 'tender are things that need to be called whether playoffs or not. Especially when the bruins are getting calls in their favour for all kinds of dives

#257 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Our power play seriously makes me want to cry.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#258 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Slides it into the goalie lol
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#259 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Did we even practice? Nobody is where they should be

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#260 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

kronwall really makes some stupid decisions. only shoot it if you can get it through. 

Agreed. One thing Kindl is better at, despite a much weaker shot.