• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#541 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:56 PM

The officiating in this game is af****** travesty, you'd think that the Wings are the dirtiest team in hockey and the Bruins are the most innocent.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#542 Liquidsnake

Liquidsnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Urgh, that's do damn annoying.

Bad calls by the refs. Stupid penalties on our part too, and just stupid play.

We got 1 to get back in this game, and we maybe could have snuck a lucky one in the 3rd.

Now we have to score another one just to tie it. Not sure I see a victory here folks.

We need to go balls to the wall in the 3rd.

#543 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Either call everything, or don't call anything. It's that simple, this playoff season, it fluctuates from period to period. Can't be that way. The Wings aren't losing this game because of the officiating, but that sequence to end the period is a joke no question.

#NOMOREKINDL

#544 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Anybody can blame Franzen can also blame the refs for not calling the dive... Again!

If Franzen would actually skate he wouldnt have to grab someones shoulder. Grabbing a players shoulder like that in plain view is a penalty 100% of the time regardless of if there was a dive.

#545 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:57 PM

The Marchand family is officiating this game. Edzo is creamin in his pants

#546 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

That is justf****** brutal officiating. Eddie defending it of course lol. So ridiculous. Not that the officiating is even needed for the Bruins to win this game.

#547 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Ahh..the word "stave" brought out. Must mean it's an elimination game.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#548 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

If Franzen would actually skate he wouldnt have to grab someones shoulder. Grabbing a players shoulder like that in plain view is a penalty 100% of the time regardless of if there was a dive.

I understand, but if that's call then so should Bergeron on datsyuk... And after letting everything go all game. All of a sudden we call every tic tac thing??? It's a joke.

As far as the Franzen call, that is the definition of a dive....!! That's why it's a penalty. Call it!

#549 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Anybody can blame Franzen can also blame the refs for not calling the dive... Again!

too bad itt wasn't a grab as much as hand resting

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#550 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

There is no officiating accountability in the NHL, which is why we keep seeing this garbage.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#551 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

He shouldn't even be flirting with it. Just keep your hands to yourself, ride the momentum we've built up for ourselves.

But no. The one time we need him to "just be," he decides to go and do something.

F*** him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#552 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

That is justf****** brutal officiating. Eddie defending it of course lol. So ridiculous. Not that the officiating is even needed for the Bruins to win this game.

Eddie will defend anything if it goes against the wings. NBC just can't say one good thing about the Wings. I'm tired of this one-sided bulls***.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#553 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Will get the next 2 pp's guaranteed..have to score on 1 of them.

#554 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

I hear dives get called sometimes but of the hundreds of games I've watched the past few years I don't recall ever seeing one called. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#555 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Whole series of events started because Franzen is s***. From PP for to PP against and goal against all because of his stupidity.

Watch the previous 2 power plays. Franzen having much much worse done to him, and despite his reputation doesn't dive. As ever the NHL officials are incapable of calling all players and situations with the same pair of eyes. Like the old days of Homer being pinged for goalie interference when Pronger was crosschecking in the face into the goalie. Smith & Franzen's penalties were pointless and stupid, but FAR WORSE has been happening in every game at the other end. Call it all or let it go, but make up yourf****** minds. 

#556 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,728 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Eddie will defend anything if it goes against the wings. NBC just can't say one good thing about the Wings. I'm tired of this one-sided bulls***.

Can you blame them in this series?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#557 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Can this team overcome even the littlest of adversity?

Like an incredible amount of injuries?

#558 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

I understand, but if that's call then so should Bergeron on datsyuk... And after letting everything go all game. All of a sudden we call every tic tac thing??? It's a joke.

As far as the Franzen call, that is the definition of a dive....!! That's why it's a penalty. Call it!

I think they would have but they probably thought it was getting out of control then decided that was it - unfortunately for us they decided to put the whistle away when we were already down 2 men. 

#559 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Now the refs want to call penalties in this series? After four games of letting the Bruins get away with everything. This league is a joke and the inconsistency of the officiating continues to get worse. Refs dictate games and series far too often. Call a dive on the Bruins for once or Bergeron for interference if you are suddenly intent on penalties playing a role.

The call on Franzen was weak and then Iginla dives right as the Wings were starting to get some momentum. I guess the NHL is fine with refs influencing the outcome.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#560 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

I hear dives get called sometimes but of the hundreds of games I've watched the past few years I don't recall ever seeing one called. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I think suspensions should be handed out for dives. That way even if a player gets away with it on the ice when the refs don't catch it they will still pay for it later.