• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#581 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:06 PM

You can cross check all you want in this days NHL but the one thing you cannot do is put your glove on someone. Even just resting it on them draws a penalty. You have to know what will and wont get called in the NHL these days and Franzen just did something stupid. And if you think Franzen doesnt dive your delusional. For how strong of a guy hes supposed to be hes on the ice quite a damn  bit after contact.

If you could cross check all the time, Smith wouldn't have gotten a penalty.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#582 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Oh please, if the refs suck they should be called on it. Just like Franzen and Howard get called out when they suck.

True but its funny how everyone is only complaining about the refs in the 3 games the Wings lost.......

#583 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:07 PM

Its sad to see everyone blaming the refs every game. Loser complain about officiating. Winners play through it.

DId you say the same after the Penguin's series in 09, when the league basically made an executive decision that sid needed his cup for marketing reasons? That was even worse because the off-ice disciplinary procedure was changed to make it more competitive. That was far worse than this, because it was decisions made in the cold light of day that broke their own rules. This is just the usual inconsistent NHL officials making things up as they go along and slightly favouring the NHL's preferred team. Its deeply frustrating because it is essentially a lack of impartial professionalism, but it happens to varying degrees in favour of certain teams every year. When we had the hall of fame roster, we got the calls in 02 in the SCF.

True but its funny how everyone is only complaining about the refs in the 3 games the Wings lost.......

Not true. Read the GDT for game 1.

#584 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Its sad to see everyone blaming the refs every game. Loser complain about officiating. Winners play through it.

Go cry about it then.  Maybe other people see things differently than you do.  Oh, that's right, what you think is always right and if anyone else thinks something else, they are wrong.

#585 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

:lol:

as if the Wings are playing well enough to win this game.  Yes the refereeing sucks, but the refereeing isn't why this series is 3-1.  Get a grip people. the Wings just aren't that good.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 26 April 2014 - 04:10 PM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#586 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

DId you say the same after the Penguin's series in 09, when the league basically made an executive decision that sid needed his cup for marketing reasons? That was even worse because the off-ice disciplinary procedure was changed to make it more competitive. That was far worse than this, because it was decisions made in the cold light of day that broke their own rules. This is just the usual inconsistent NHL officials making things up as they go along and slightly favouring the NHL's preferred team. Its deeply frustrating because it is essentially a lack of impartial professionalism, but it happens to varying degrees in favour of certain teams every year. When we had the hall of fame roster, we got the calls in 02 in the SCF.

Not true. Read the GDT for game 1.

If you truly believe there was a in league conspiracy to get the Penguins the Cup I have a tin foil hat to sell you. 

#587 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

The Franzen of the 2008 playoffs is long gone and to think we chose him over Hossa. I wonder who is to blame for that one? Could it be the same guy who gave up #1 pick for Quincey? Or the guy who really wanted Tootoo? Or the guy that picked up Weiss? Or the guy that said we like Kindl and Lashoff? Anybody seeing a pattern?

Franzen signed first, I don't think he was picked over Hossa.  I dont think they wanted to gamble to see if Hossa would re-sign and end up losing both.  Truth be told though, Hawks had a worse cap situation than the Wings at the time and still managed to sign Hossa.  Holland worries too much about depth, depth guys can be easily picked up.  Legit stars are much harder to come by.

#588 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:09 PM

We have one of if not the most spoiled fanbase in the sport.  I can't say I'm surprised at the whining/bitching/moaning/complaining.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#589 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

stick a fork in this season.

can't win with dogs*** special teams.

#590 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Go cry about it then.  Maybe other people see things differently than you do.  Oh, that's right, what you think is always right and if anyone else thinks something else, they are wrong.

A simple look back in the pages would reveal the crying is coming from those about the officiating being biased. 

#591 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

I hate the playoffs.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#592 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Franzen signed first, I don't think he was picked over Hossa.  I dont think they wanted to gamble to see if Hossa would re-sign and end up losing both.  Truth be told though, Hawks had a worse cap situation than the Wings at the time and still managed to sign Hossa.  Holland worries too much about depth, depth guys can be easily picked up.  Legit stars are much harder to come by.

If I remember right Holland wanted Franzen first and then wanted to wait for the offseason to offer Hossa a contract. That in my book is choosing one over the other. 

#593 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

But People aren't only upset about the refs. Plenty of wings bashing going on also, and jusyified
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#594 lomekian

lomekian

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 460 posts

:lol:

as if the Wings are playing well enough to win this game.  Yes the refereeing sucks, but the refereeing isn't why this series is 3-1.  Get a grip people. the Wings just aren't that good.

Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive. 

We are the weaker team, we deserve to be losing the series AND we 're getting screwed by the refs for good measure. Is that co-existence impossible?

#595 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

If you truly believe there was a in league conspiracy to get the Penguins the Cup I have a tin foil hat to sell you.

Can I borrow the hat? I want to cover my eyes.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#596 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

We all know that Boston/Pitt/MTL are the teams they are.  Most hockey fans know it. 

But we haven't put forth an effort deserving to win this series either. 

#597 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Wrong. All the complaining after game 2 and 3 was no effort. Good try
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#598 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

A simple look back in the pages would reveal the crying is coming from those about the officiating being biased. 

And, they are just as entitled to their opinions as you or I.  As I was saying, if it saddens you, go get a tissue.  They come on here and whine about the refs.  You come on here and whine about them.  It's not that much different to me.

#599 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts

Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive. 

We are the weaker team, we deserve to be losing the series AND we 're getting screwed by the refs for good measure. Is that co-existence impossible?

the refs aren't out there to screw the Wings by decree.  They may suck at the job, but getting screwed implies intent.  Get a f***in grip.  Good teams find a way to overcome.  The Wings aren't that good - they'd be losing this series if it was 5 v 5 all the time too.

Get a clue already.

#600 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

As stupid as that two minute span was, the refs did not cost the Wings this series. A goal or two sure, but they still don't score enough. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.