1032 replies to this topic

#741 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

What a difference a year makes.  

Last year when we lost in the playoffs, there was a lot of hope for the future.  The young guys were awesome, Howard had his best season and playoffs as a Wing, and it looked like the old garbage would be gone.

One year later, the young guys have disappeared in the playoffs (especially Nyquil), Howard had his worst season as  Wing, and all the old trash that we thought would be gone last season is still here.

I can't think of one positive to come out of these playoffs.   

The one positive is we had to face the best team in the league in the first round with a hobbled Z and a half-interested Datsyuk and no Ericsson and lots of Quincey and lots of Kindl-Lashoff and Howard having the worst season of his NHL career and a bunch of kids. But, even with those things going against us, we'd probably beat the Penguins, who are the second best team in the East.

Trim the fat this summer, make good decisions, wrap the players in bubble wrap, and we'll be ok.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#742 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Lets shoot at The chest...then talk how good rask is
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#743 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Montreal is gonna get swept if Price plays like he did against Tampa

#744 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Let's just skip to handshakes. Brutal series. Worse than Nashville two years ago. 

Mercifully that will happen soon enough. In the mean time, let's all take a moment to say thank you Mr. Holland for building such an amazing team these past few years. Your genius and foresight amaze me. Your combination of crafty trades and signings of seasoned veterans plus your willingness to aggressively cultivate young skilled players is the reason we are here. Most of all, thank you for preparing so many years in advance for the retirement of #5. Without your wizard like vision of the future, we would be left today with a hollow D incapable of anchoring the Wings puck possession game. (note the EXTREME sarcasm).

#745 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Everyone needs to be honest with themselves. Holland is going to re-sign Sammy, Cleary, Alfie, Bert, and Quincey. Next year Dekeyser will be playing in the minors for no reason and Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, and Jurco will be traded. They will be replaced with Ray Whitney, Jaromir Jagr, Teemu Selanne, and Hal Gill. 

Wouldn't mind Jagr.  He puts more effort than some of our roster.

#746 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Are you guys happy the streak was kept alive, or is just losing a better draft pick at this point?

Id rather then pick later. They get better results. Pick to early and you get a bust like Kindl.

#747 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Lets shoot at The chest...then talk how good rask is

He makes you do that.

#748 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Haha true. I was just trying to think of the oldest veterans that realistically probably would be signed here.

#749 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,644 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

You forgot Brooks Orpik

I'd take Brooks Orpik over any d-man on this team not named Kronwall and Ericsson. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#750 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

The one positive is we had to face the best team in the league in the first round with a hobbled Z and a half-interested Datsyuk and no Ericsson and lots of Quincey and lots of Kindl-Lashoff and Howard having the worst season of his NHL career and a bunch of kids. But, even with those things going against us, we'd probably beat the Penguins, who are the second best team in the East.

Trim the fat this summer, make good decisions, wrap the players in bubble wrap, and we'll be ok.

I don't think we would.  Columbus isn't just doing good because Fleury sucks.  They work hard and are a better team than us.  Columbus is hard to play against.  The Wings are not.    

We'd lose to the Pens with our turnover problems and inability to stop a PK from scoring.  They'd get more powerplays than Boston too.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#751 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Jagr has no character but I agree he is 40 + so Holland might take a hard look at thim

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#752 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Rask is so good

#753 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

The big question is can you really trust Kenny to do this with his track record the last 4 years?

#754 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

I wonder if DeKeyser will actually shake Lucic's hand after it's over?

#755 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Rask is playing wall behind a wall wow

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#756 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Datsyuk must STOP giving up the better opportunity for the pass every time. SHOOT the puck!
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#757 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Can Glendening elevate the puck? Or does Babs love him because he loses every single faceoff with ease?

#758 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Jagr has no character but I agree he is 40 + so Holland might take a hard look at thim

Jagr's whole thing is his character. If anything, it's why we wouldn't sign him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#759 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,098 posts

Half-interested Datsyuk?

Please.

The guy is playing through an injury and still has 3 goals in 5 games.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#760 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Haha true. I was just trying to think of the oldest veterans that realistically probably would be signed here.

Jagr may be too smart to sign here.  But I would in all reality take him over the younger-old guys we have.  He could certainly teach our kids more than Sammy.