• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#961 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

I've thought about it lately, and I think I want Mantha on the team straight out of camp. Let's just go all in with the youth, get them as much time with Z and D and maybe Alfie as possible.

I agree about Mantha. Alfie left his career to come to Detroit and win a cup, I think we need for give him another run. However I want to see some major changes in the offseason.

And I think Smith played his ass off this series.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#962 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,660 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

well that was a playoff series none of us expected us to win and 95% of us never thought we'd get into. They kids got us in and 

after their success in the Calder last year this series has taught them what its all about in the big boys playoffs. It'll stand them in

good stead for the future. We have probably seen Alfie's last game in the NHL tonight and also at least 4 as Redwings. 

The Bruins showed they are a good side, and also that big body's with skill usually prevail. I can't fault our guys for their effort

just the better side won out. Roll on next year and hopefully some fresh faces with some size joining the roster.

I see nothing to look forward to in the future except Mantha, who Holland will probably trade away in the off season like he did with Jarnkrok. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#963 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:08 PM

Positives:

Holland wanted answers he has them now:

Team needs to get bigger, meaner, tougher and still younger.

Re-sign Dekeyser, Monster (if he wants) and bring in defensive help plus 2 enforcers.

DONE

Mule, Alfie, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Miller ......

DO NOT

sign someone like Jagr, Selanne...

play the young kids add toughness and look hard at the Boston model that's the way to build a playoff winner.

Boston is the team coming out of the east and hopefully they are facing someone not name Blackhawks

Holland is laughing at you. He's talking to Jagr's agent as we speak; and we don't need team toughness, the PP is our enforcer. 

#964 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

I absolutely hate hearing, "they just need more experience, they'll be ready in a few years, growing pains." Absolute bulls***.  

What about Krug? What about Hamilton? What about Riley Smith? How come they don't need "just a bit more experience". These guys have just as much experience as our young guys and absolutely destroyed them.

It's not experience, it's talent and our team has very little. 

I was just going to say the same thing. Nyquist and Tatar showed me nothing. I'm sorry but if these guys are going to be the Wings "saviors" it really didn't show in this series.

#965 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:09 PM

I thought Datsyuk played pretty poorly overall in this series. That being said...

Datsyuk scored 50% of the Red Wings goals this series. And contributed to 83.33% of our scoring.

You know it's bad when our best player isn't playing well and still is carrying the team.

"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#966 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

I agree about Mantha. Alfie left his career to come to Detroit and win a cup, I think we need for give him another run. However I want to see some major changes in the offseason.

I get the impression Alfie will never win a cup.  This playoffs it looked like he wanted his team to get the cup for him more than he wanted to get it for himself.  He wasn't very good, and I was extremely excited when he came at the beginning of the year.

#967 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,937 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

Positives:
Holland wanted answers he has them now:

Team needs to get bigger, meaner, tougher and still younger.

Re-sign Dekeyser, Monster (if he wants) and bring in defensive help plus 2 enforcers.

DONE
Mule, Alfie, Legwand, Bertuzzi, Miller ......

DO NOT
sign someone like Jagr, Selanne...

play the young kids add toughness and look hard at the Boston model that's the way to build a playoff winner.

Boston is the team coming out of the east and hopefully they are facing someone not name Blackhawks

I pretty much agree with everything you say here except maybe Legwand. At times, when he was not burried on the fourth line he was our most physical forward. He skated to the net and could actually use his body to protect the puck. If all the others leave, he could still have a spot on the team I think.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#968 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

the PP is our enforcer. 

In hindsight, it's incredible he said this.  Our PP is dogs*** and definitely in the worst 2/3rds of the league.

#969 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Redmond jjust said its too early to give up on franzen lol. Hope he doesn't advise holland.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#970 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

This has to be it for Mule right? I don't see how he can still be here next year.

#971 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Blasphemy! It's only a matter of time before the meltdown is cued up.

I'm a wee bit partial from my days at Stanford. They've got pretty good fans, a team that's built the right way, McLellan was good for the Wings, Couture's a Dastyuk fanboy, Tomas Hertl...

The best thing that could happen is all the series - East and West and the SCF - go to seven games and the teams just flat-out obliterate each other.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#972 DatsZway

DatsZway

Draftee

• 12 posts

franzen gone.
Legwand - gone.
Kindl, lashoff - gone. 

Should we be worried that tatar, nyquist, jurco, shehan didn't score a SINGLE goal. i mean theres only so much that dats and z can do. 

Major changes need to be made.

#973 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,089 posts

I have no problem with Alfie back at a reasonable price. He's taking way too muck flack for what has been a pretty solid year. I don't think we would've made the playoffs without him because he was one of our main leaders down the stretch who wasn't injured. The Cap is going up and I think it's highly likely that we're not going to use all the space up, so if Alfie is willing to stay for a reasonable amount, again, I have no problem with it. We have way, way, way bigger problems than Alfie.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#974 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

To early to give up on mule??? Did the prime age for a player move to 35???

#975 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Redmond jjust said its too early to give up on franzen lol. Hope he doesn't advise holland.

That's surprising. Mickey is usually harsher to Franzen on the air than any other player.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#976 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

Should we be worried that tatar, nyquist, jurco, shehan didn't score a SINGLE goal. i mean theres only so much that dats and z can do.

No, I think these are young guys who are team-oriented and they're not going to show up unless the holistic team effort is there.  Perhaps that means I don't expect any of them to bloom into a Zetterberg, which is a legendary-type of player who can get things done single-handedly.  Still, I think the young kids will be good in the future.  We have 18m in cap-space this season to make the team better, and if Z/D is healthy the team will be a DARK HORSE LOL REMEMBER WHEN WE HEARD THAT

#977 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

To early to give up on mule??? Did the prime age for a player move to 35???

Redmond buys into franzen and blames his injuries since 2011.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

#978 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:17 PM

I could probably be alright with one of Legwand or Alfie back, but not both. I don't really see why Legwand would be necessary with Weiss healthy and a bunch of centers already on the roster. Alfie was not good after the Olympics, though injuries probably played a major role.

First order of business has to be fixing the defense.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#979 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

I love babs, i agree with him. Gotta get everybody healthy in the off season. Babs hates giving credit to other teams. U can see it lol

#980 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:19 PM

Oh well ... can't say that I'm surprised but I was hoping for a bit more fight and possibly an upset.  I just hope to God that this is not our fate for the next few years ... squeeze into 7th or 8th spot, out in round 1 or 2. 

This year was a bit of regression seeing as how last year at least we made it to round 2.