• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#1021 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

He didn't have the surgery until after the Olympics were over. If he had, then he would have gotten back at least at a week before he did (and we sure could have used him). I don't know why they waited so long for him to come back and get the surgery. I mean s***, I know jet fuel isn't cheap, but they could have just sent a plane to go get one of your biggest investments when it happened.

He was in such pain that he couldn't fly

#1022 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

That is partially true. But Kenny made the mistake of working out a contract with Franzen BEFORE HOSSA!!! He should have worked out a contract with Hossa and THEN try to re-sign Franzen. You sign the better player first. After that if Franzen wanted to walk, then w.e we would have had Hossa which is better. 

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Water under the bridge.   He tried to work out long term deals with two (at the time) star players.  Franzen was the homegrown product, and had just come off two fantastic playoff series.  Hossa only spent a season here and wasn't all that impressive in the playoffs.  Not to mention, we don't know all what went on behind the scenes with agents and what not.  Again, ancient history.  Time to move on to next season.

#1023 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Yup. I never saw a legit reason why we didn't sign both. That was how Holland screwed up.

Uhh because we had no cap space. People forget Hudler was also another player he had to sign that year as well. It basically became Mule+Hudler over Hossa. If Hudler didn't go overseas the following year we would've been way over the cap.

#1024 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:16 PM

Ummm.....................yeah.   

We scored 6 goals the entire series.  

We've had trouble scoring for the last three years.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#1025 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:37 PM

...without Franzen preferably.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  Water under the bridge.   He tried to work out long term deals with two (at the time) star players.  Franzen was the homegrown product, and had just come off two fantastic playoff series.  Hossa only spent a season here and wasn't all that impressive in the playoffs.  Not to mention, we don't know all what went on behind the scenes with agents and what not.  Again, ancient history.  Time to move on to next season.

Uhh because we had no cap space. People forget Hudler was also another player he had to sign that year as well. It basically became Mule+Hudler over Hossa. If Hudler didn't go overseas the following year we would've been way over the cap.

exactly! Holland was choosing Hudler and Franzen over Hossa....a decision he surely regrets today. Considering he will soon be without all three. Holland gave Franzine $4M and offered Hudler $3.5M. Plenty of money for Hossa if not wasted on the others.

Edited by LeftWinger, 26 April 2014 - 07:40 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#1026 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Makes no difference. Our team is s***.

You forget, even with a healthy team, our team had a losing record earlier in the season. 

When are u going to realize that going 14-7-7 which Detroit was when Z got injured after Datsyuk missed 4 games is not a losing record?  Do we need to go back to math class?  The wings never had a losing record at anytime this season.

Posted Image

#1027 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

When are u going to realize that going 14-7-7 which Detroit was when Z got injured after Datsyuk missed 4 games is not a losing record?  Do we need to go back to math class?  The wings never had a losing record at anytime this season.

Exactly. That record would be even better if Howard wasn't struggling so much in the first half of the season. especially the shootout losses.

#1028 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Special teams was a complete joke this series. Babs was thoroughly out coached. Team was vanilla though

#1029 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

babs lines sucked so bad

you saw they werent working the past 4 games why wouldnt you change them?

#1030 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Bruins play the man, not the puck on defense and throw guys down to the ice and don't get whistles, then on offense, they fall at phantom contact and get whistles. Embarassing.

I am sad and embarassed I rooted for them to beat Chicago last year... guess my hate blinded me to their antics.

#1031 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Dats Abby probably dominate in practice and Babs thinks it will work against the bruins. We need to add a prolific guy to the top 6. The chemistry has been stale for 3 years

#1032 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

Rask deserves the credit for the series win. Losing the series 4-1 doesn't do us justice for how well we played, considering the Bruins are the best team in the league and we were the 8th seed rebuilding on the fly.

Despite the size advantage, we were only outplayed in Game 3. The Bruins got a lot of help from our inexperience, and typical stupid penalties calls from the worst officiating in sports, by far.

Anyone who thinks we need to play like the Bruins (dirty) is nuts! I don't think the Wings need to make too many changes. There's no reason too. Just let guys like Cleary, Bert, and Sammy walk, re-sign Legwand, and look forward to a healthy team next year.

babs lines sucked so bad

you saw they werent working the past 4 games why wouldnt you change them?

Just look at the shot totals, except for Game 3, we were right with the Bruins shot for shot. Rask deserves the credit for the series win.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#1033 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

A sad series. I hope Boston's bad karma catches up with them soon. But in the words of Walter Sobchak, "f*** it, dude. let's go bowlin'" see everyone in a couple of months because after this season i'm taking a break from watching hockey. at least they made the playoffs.

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert