• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (4) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

How bad ass does that PK quote sound now?

Guys are selling calls and refs are buying and there's nothing wrong with that cuz I'm Pierre and I'm pretty sure I'm a pedophile and I love Crosby and all the bruins.
Yeah let's look at how sad the bruins are and forget there's another team on the ice.
The nhl needs a serious look in the mirror on their tv coverage.

Same guy who was throwing a fit when Marchand got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for the shower on Price. "Come on! It's game 7 of the playoffs!"

Looks like we get to see a rematch between the two goalies involved in the olympic gold medal game but this time i see King Henrik coming out on top as the Rangers just look too good right now, especially the King. I am loving all these original 6 matchups though.

Same guy who was throwing a fit when Marchand got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for the shower on Price. "Come on! It's game 7 of the playoffs!"

He was bitching on the first penalty of the game for goalie interference. Clearly a biased announcer. Ridiculous.

Favorite thing about this?

Not having to deal with certain members of this Red Wings forum swing their boners around about the Bruins and how we need to abandon decades of organizational philosophy to be more like the big bad bears.

Speed, skill, good special teams, and plain old fashion desire win out.

My thoughts exactly. He is my hero right now.

President's trophy winners losing a game 7 at home in the second round.

Disappointing finish for Boston. They were the team most likely to beat Chicago. Seems like Boston either makes a deep run or disappoints big time.

That's life for a perennial favorite, though. Anything short of the Cup is unequivocal failure.

That's one of the things I don't like about this "Boston is the new model" thing. To steal that title from the Wings, you need to be a legitimate contender for a couple decades straight, which entails learning everything there is to know - and more - about crushing disappointment, unequivocal failure. And maybe, maybe winning a couple Cups.

Not having to deal with certain members of this Red Wings forum swing their boners around about the Bruins and how we need to abandon decades of organizational philosophy to be more like the big bad bears.

Yeah, the skill and desire seems lacking by a few. Looking at you franzen. It doesn't help that your guys are hurt already and expended their energy getting to the playoffs and your coach doesn't know to how to matchup with the other team.

Yeah. Skill speed and desire. Looking at you franzen. Of course it doesn't help when your team gave most in the tank up just to get in the playoffs and your coach doesn't get why his lines aren't working. Edited by plopster

Bull. We still need McGrattan to win the Cup.

To be fair, though, the Habs were about 50,000 times more physical and "gritty" than we were against the same team. We don't need to blow up our roster and "just be like the Bruins!!!" but we do need to get bigger, stronger, more tenacious, more capable and sure of ourselves when it comes to all the non-skill stuff. The Habs brought all that to this series plus the speed and skill, and that gave them the confidence and swagger they needed to actually pull this mother off.

Having Price in net also helps.

Unfortunately, this series just shows how inferior the Wings team was this season. The Bruins by no means outplayed them although Price was very strong in net for the Habs. The two teams were actually pretty evenly matched, something that cannot be said about the series between the Wings and Bruins.

Unfortunately, this series just shows how inferior the Wings team was this season. The Bruins by no means outplayed them although Price was very strong in net for the Habs. The two teams were actually pretty evenly matched, something that cannot be said about the series between the Wings and Bruins.

This is why holland doesn't like bringing his guys up too early. But he drafts these young guys that are small and either can't or aren't conditioning to get to beast mode like subban. That kid is 24 and he's stout and energetic. Don't see much of that from any of the wings guys. They need to do something about their conditioning. It's not just about speed. It's about agility and speed. Like the lineman for Alabama. big strong AND fast.

DID I MENTION THE BROONZ CAN SUCK IT?

The boners swung around from certain LGW-Users ? I'm sure they are not that needy. :P

BTW :

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Dale Weise accuses Lucic of being classless and disrespectful with his comments in the handshake. Won't say what was said.

Wouldn't be suprised if it's true.

This is why holland doesn't like bringing his guys up too early. But he drafts these young guys that are small and either can't or aren't conditioning to get to beast mode like subban. That kid is 24 and he's stout and energetic. Don't see much of that from any of the wings guys. They need to do something about their conditioning. It's not just about speed. It's about agility and speed. Like the lineman for Alabama. big strong AND fast.

The Canadiens were actually hitting them back hard and getting their fans into it which is something that the Wings just can't do. It's hard watching Tatar and Nyquist get completely destroyed and avoid hits the way they were in the Bruins series. I don't think that the Wings need to become the Bruins, but I think they definitely need some bigger guys in the lineup. Also, the s***ty NBC announcers kept harping on the "character" guys on the Canadiens, but I think the Wings need guys like that too. I like Glendo, but someone playing that role needs to be hitting and creating energy with every shift and scoring occasionally. Weise for the Candiens is a prime example of a bottom six grinder that the Wings need.

Does that surprise anyone considering he had no qualms putting his stick to another mans jewels? No respect for that garbage. I hope he gets knocked out with a concussion next year.