• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (4) Montreal Canadiens vs. (1) Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

God the media is awful what do you want Lucic to say after asking him the same damn question 100 times ? Personally I would have told them we lost, it sucks and see you guys next year. Standing there over 120 seconds and repeating the same reply over and over again is not worth it.

I can understand his frustrations it always sucks when the better loses against a bunch of *******, divers and arrogant SOBs guess it's go Rangers Ducks/Kings now.

What's the trouble Frank, you seem perplexed today? Also, what happened to you last night? As much as you'd hyped the Bruins before Game 7, I thought for sure we'd hear your thoughts throughout the evening.

What's the trouble Frank, you seem perplexed today? Also, what happened to you last night? As much as you'd hyped the Bruins before Game 7, I thought for sure we'd hear your thoughts throughout the evening.

Yeah I'm a bit pissed had a good amount of money on the Bruins because they looked just too good to be true so yeah.

Well I've watched the game till the second goal and knew Montreal would win by that point, so I've switched to the LA/Ducks game and enjoyed watching that.

God the media is awful what do you want Lucic to say after asking him the same damn question 100 times ? Personally I would have told them we lost, it sucks and see you guys next year. Standing there over 120 seconds and repeating the same reply over and over again is not worth it.

I can understand his frustrations it always sucks when the better loses against a bunch of *******, divers and arrogant SOBs guess it's go Rangers Ducks/Kings now.

Good thing the right team won then

I find it funny that Marchand got no goals in playoffs. He had some awesome chances and just miffed them. Dude spends more time on his ass on the ice than upright, trying to draw whistles. I try to like the small scrappy guys but this guy seems to go about it the wrong scrappy way somehow, rubs me wrong.

Lucic is classless too.

Lucic has made being evasive during the post-game media scrums a second career.

Maybe it was more Boston media with one last chance to get back at him.

Maybe it was more Montreal media with one last chance to get at him.

If he can't hold himself accountable for his actions on the ice, he deserves every single thing thrown at him in the scrums.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

I just want to say again, f*** Boston, that's right, the whole damn liberal city, and f*** dirty players who can't play the game straight up. If you don't think you can win that way, then obviously you aren't that good and you need to stay the f*** home. Montreal played the game mostly the way it should be and that's why they won, end of story. Personally I would like to see more guys get their ass knocked out in a fight to keep guys honest but it seems like nobody wants to do that much anymore.

The funny thing is Rask - the guy who's known to break things in half with his stick when he loses - seems surprisingly ok with this whole being-ousted-in-the-second-round-by-the-hated-rival thing in his post-game scrum, almost like he's about to crack a big goofy smile. Maybe I'm reading too much into this (I am), but he struck me as a guy who's had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. Maybe being the goalie and seeing everything that goes on at ice-level he knew better than anyone that his team wasn't as good as advertised. Maybe he'd been dreading what was, to him, pretty much an inevitability, and he's glad they got it over with sooner rather than later.

Yes, but Marchand, Lucic and Thornton play for the Bruins. so it's a wash, at best.

Well Marchand of course is a SOB and the only reason he can act so "tough" are Lucic, Thornton, Chara and McQuaid he would not act like that on a Wings team or maybe he would and get his ass handed to him, can't stand him. Lucic can be out of control yes but he doesn't come off nearly as arrogant.

Thornton is a leader and probably the toughest guy on an already insane roster I would LOVE to have someone like him, guy is far from being a sob or arrogant.

Ahhhhhhh...what?

From Guelph Mercury:

Two months before Milan Lucic reportedly threatened to kill Montreal Canadiens' Dale Weise while shaking hands after the series-ending Game 7, the Boston Bruins' power forward was pitching an anti-bullying book.

Called Not Cool to Bully in School, the left winger and his wife, Brittany, released the children's book in March. The book, which can be purchased online, encourages kids not to bully in school.

Co-author Jon Goode said he stands "100 per cent" behind the book despite Wednesday night's incident.

There was a very entertaining segment on today's TSN's OTR dealing with Lucic and the series finale, entitled "Hate or Be Hated".

Well Marchand of course is a SOB and the only reason he can act so "tough" are Lucic, Thornton, Chara and McQuaid he would not act like that on a Wings team or maybe he would and get his ass handed to him, can't stand him. Lucic can be out of control yes but he doesn't come off nearly as arrogant.

Thornton is a leader and probably the toughest guy on an already insane roster I would LOVE to have someone like him, guy is far from being a sob or arrogant.

Marchand is a rat and worse than any player on the Canadiens. Lucic has speared multiple players in the nuts, taunts and trolls players but and isn't man enough to handle losing without threatening guys in the handshake line. Boychuk and a few other players dive as well, which makes their coaches whining about it even funnier.

I generally have liked Thornton but the guy has the IQ of a tree stump. The water squirting during game play was idiotic. So was what he did to Orpik.

My point was if you're judging the character of players on a team, the Bruins are at best even with Montreal. Certainly no better.

I don't get the whole arrogant thing that Subban is constantly tagged with. I wasn't much of a fan (and am still pretty indifferent) but after watching 24CH realized he's basically a big goofball who wears his heart on his sleeve. He's an emotional guy but humble teammate. When Ovechkin does it, it's passion. Patrick Kane, it's swagger. But Subban's excitement gets labeled as arrogance.

Marchand is a rat and worse than any player on the Canadiens. Lucic has speared multiple players in the nuts, taunts and trolls players but and isn't man enough to handle losing without threatening guys in the handshake line. Boychuk and a few other players dive as well, which makes their coaches whining about it even funnier.

I generally have liked Thornton but the guy has the IQ of a tree stump. The water squirting during game play was idiotic. So was what he did to Orpik.

My point was if you're judging the character of players on a team, the Bruins are at best even with Montreal. Certainly no better.

I don't get the whole arrogant thing that Subban is constantly tagged with. I wasn't much of a fan (and am still pretty indifferent) but after watching 24CH realized he's basically a big goofball who wears his heart on his sleeve. He's an emotional guy but humble teammate. When Ovechkin does it, it's passion. Patrick Kane, it's swagger. But Subban's excitement gets labeled as arrogance.

Marchand is a rat, cocky,idiot and I've loved the way Thornton told him to shut up and take a seat. Like I said Lucid out of control can be a dirty player but he is not arrogant, cocky or acting like wannabe tough guy. Boychuck dives? This is a guy who will block a slapshot just to block another one even if his hand is shattered in other words an absolute tank, safe for Prust and Parros and Murray habs don't have anything close to it.

So yeah my point is overall the Bruins are full of classy character guys they just won't accept be from anyone something the Wings have lost since the Dmac, Downey days.

look at Subbans celebrations, his big mouth interviews superstar Eller saying the Oilers are an ahl team...Cherry ripped Ovechkin pretty good for his absolute disgraceful stick on fire dance add to that his golden laces - Guy is getting his deserved flack - too. Some players just don't know how the approach the game the right way this isn't soccer nor the thugleague people expect and appreciate class in hockey.

Marchand is a rat, cocky,idiot and I've loved the way Thornton told him to shut up and take a seat. Like I said Lucid out of control can be a dirty player but he is not arrogant, cocky or acting like wannabe tough guy. Boychuck dives? This is a guy who will block a slapshot just to block another one even if his hand is shattered in other words an absolute tank, safe for Prust and Parros and Murray habs don't have anything close to it. So yeah my point is overall the Bruins are full of classy character guys they just won't accept be from anyone something the Wings have lost since the Dmac, Downey days. look at Subbans celebrations, his big mouth interviews superstar Eller saying the Oilers are an ahl team...Cherry ripped Ovechkin pretty good for his absolute disgraceful stick on fire dance add to that his golden laces - Guy is getting his deserved flack - too. Some players just don't know how the approach the game the right way this isn't soccer nor the thugleague people expect and appreciate class in hockey.

Thornton telling him to take a seat has had little effect on how Marchand plays the game. He still dives, he still taunts guys, he's still a rat. His antics are by far more hurtful to the game of hockey than anything Subban has done. From the bench, Thornton squirted water in the face of Subban during the game. Can you imagine if Subban had done that? Or if Subban had flexed his arm the way Lucic taunted him from the bench? It absolutely went both ways in that series.

I don't see a ton of the Habs so maybe I've missed it but most goal celebrations I've seen from Subban are nothing different than what Patrick Kane does.

And I'm not sure what the thug comment is about. Boston is the team with a player who's repeatedly speared guys in the nuts. And one who jumped a guy being held by a ref. I like a lot of players on that team but if you're going to associate "thug" with one of the two teams in that series, it's Boston all the way.

And yes Boychuk dives. I like the guy overall but I've seen it firsthand more than once. It may be in the collection of Bruins diving someone posted during the Wings series.

Claude Lemieux was a class act all the way. Draper was a whining, diving prima donna who acted like he was entitled to everything and thus got what he deserved. McCarty is a gutless coward whose one claim to fame is a sucker punch he pulled on a guy who isn't even a fighter. Avs forever.

EDIT: Also, the Wings bought their Cups. I think that tells you all you need to know about them.

Edited by Dabura

Thornton telling him to take a seat has had little effect on how Marchand plays the game. He still dives, he still taunts guys, he's still a rat. His antics are by far more hurtful to the game of hockey than anything Subban has done. From the bench, Thornton squirted water in the face of Subban during the game. Can you imagine if Subban had done that? Or if Subban had flexed his arm the way Lucic taunted him from the bench? It absolutely went both ways in that series.

I don't see a ton of the Habs so maybe I've missed it but most goal celebrations I've seen from Subban are nothing different than what Patrick Kane does.

And I'm not sure what the thug comment is about. Boston is the team with a player who's repeatedly speared guys in the nuts. And one who jumped a guy being held by a ref. I like a lot of players on that team but if you're going to associate "thug" with one of the two teams in that series, it's Boston all the way.

And yes Boychuk dives. I like the guy overall but I've seen it firsthand more than once. It may be in the collection of Bruins diving someone posted during the Wings series.

Like I said, the only thing having an effect on how Marchand plays, acts will be if Chara, Lucic, McQuaid or Thornton are getting sick of protecting him OR if he gets traded to a not so tough team. The thugleague is a synonym for the NBA it was born after two teams fought each other and then went on to fight with the fans in the stands but my reference was to over the top celebrations they are known from soccer, NBA and NFL and I absolutely hate them, if the best players in the world (Crosby, Stamkos, Toews, Datsyuk) can celebrate and still not go over the top other should be able to do the same without acting like complete showboaters.

Well if you've seen him dive then ok, but personally I didn't recall him as a diver more as a guy who lays it all out each shift.

Whatever the series is done now and with another surprise, this playoffs really are unpredictable this year.

Claude Lemieux was a class act all the way. Draper was a whining, diving prima donna who acted like he was entitled to everything and thus got what he deserved. McCarty is a gutless coward whose one claim to fame is a sucker punch he pulled on a guy who isn't even a fighter. Avs forever.

EDIT: Also, the Wings bought their Cups. I think that tells you all you need to know about them.

I hope your happy, you literally just killed me

What bums me out is that Subban - Lucic - Marchand were all available for Holland & Co on draft day.

You know I gave up drinking right? Please don't remind me *stares at the Jack Daniels Bottle*

Edited by Rivalred

What bums me out is that Subban - Lucic - Marchand were all available for Holland & Co on draft day.

Well the scouting reports on Lucic where about him not being an NHL type skater *lol*

He is just like a tank they need a bit to get going but once they are in full force mode you can't stop them