• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#281 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

Suck it Boston..glad to see the Habs moving on.

#282 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:29 AM

I find it funny that Marchand got no goals in playoffs. He had some awesome chances and just miffed them. Dude spends more time on his ass on the ice than upright, trying to draw whistles. I try to like the small scrappy guys but this guy seems to go about it the wrong scrappy way somehow, rubs me wrong.

Lucic is classless too.

#283 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

Lucic has made being evasive during the post-game media scrums a second career.

Maybe it was more Boston media with one last chance to get back at him.

Maybe it was more Montreal media with one last chance to get at him.

If he can't hold himself accountable for his actions on the ice, he deserves every single thing thrown at him in the scrums.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 15 May 2014 - 11:49 AM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#284 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

I just want to say again, f*** Boston, that's right, the whole damn liberal city, and f*** dirty players who can't play the game straight up. If you don't think you can win that way, then obviously you aren't that good and you need to stay the f*** home. Montreal played the game mostly the way it should be and that's why they won, end of story. Personally I would like to see more guys get their ass knocked out in a fight to keep guys honest but it seems like nobody wants to do that much anymore.
mccarty3

#285 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

The funny thing is Rask - the guy who's known to break things in half with his stick when he loses - seems surprisingly ok with this whole being-ousted-in-the-second-round-by-the-hated-rival thing in his post-game scrum, almost like he's about to crack a big goofy smile. Maybe I'm reading too much into this (I am), but he struck me as a guy who's had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders. Maybe being the goalie and seeing everything that goes on at ice-level he knew better than anyone that his team wasn't as good as advertised. Maybe he'd been dreading what was, to him, pretty much an inevitability, and he's glad they got it over with sooner rather than later.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#286 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

I can understand his frustrations it always sucks when the better loses against a bunch of *******, divers and arrogant SOBs guess it's go Rangers Ducks/Kings now.

Most people would say the Bruins fit that description perfectly.

#287 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Most people would say the Bruins fit that description perfectly.

Vanek, Eller, Weise and Subban and Therrien - the guy who calls out his players through the press... -  are playing for the Canadiens last time I checked...

Edited by frankgrimes, 15 May 2014 - 05:52 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#288 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

Vanek, Eller, Weise and Subban and Therrien - the guy who calls out his players through the press... -  are playing for the Canadiens last time I checked...

Yes, but Marchand, Lucic and Thornton play for the Bruins.  so it's a wash, at best.

#289 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:07 PM

Yes, but Marchand, Lucic and Thornton play for the Bruins.  so it's a wash, at best.

Well Marchand of course is a SOB and the only reason he can act so "tough" are Lucic, Thornton, Chara and McQuaid he would not act like that on a Wings team or maybe he would and get his ass handed to him, can't stand him. Lucic can be out of control yes but he doesn't come off nearly as arrogant.

Thornton is a leader and probably the toughest guy on an already insane roster I would LOVE to have someone like him, guy is far from being a sob or arrogant.

kftx.jpg

#290 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Ahhhhhhh...what?

From Guelph Mercury:

Two months before Milan Lucic reportedly threatened to kill Montreal Canadiens' Dale Weise while shaking hands after the series-ending Game 7, the Boston Bruins' power forward was pitching an anti-bullying book.

Called Not Cool to Bully in School, the left winger and his wife, Brittany, released the children's book in March. The book, which can be purchased online, encourages kids not to bully in school.

Co-author Jon Goode said he stands "100 per cent" behind the book despite Wednesday night's incident.

There was a very entertaining segment on today's TSN's OTR dealing with Lucic and the series finale, entitled "Hate or Be Hated".

#291 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:16 PM

Well Marchand of course is a SOB and the only reason he can act so "tough" are Lucic, Thornton, Chara and McQuaid he would not act like that on a Wings team or maybe he would and get his ass handed to him, can't stand him. Lucic can be out of control yes but he doesn't come off nearly as arrogant.

Thornton is a leader and probably the toughest guy on an already insane roster I would LOVE to have someone like him, guy is far from being a sob or arrogant.

Marchand is a rat and worse than any player on the Canadiens.  Lucic has speared multiple players in the nuts, taunts and trolls players but and isn't man enough to handle losing without threatening guys in the handshake line.  Boychuk and a few other players dive as well, which makes their coaches whining about it even funnier. 

I generally have liked Thornton but the guy has the IQ of a tree stump.  The water squirting during game play was idiotic.  So was what he did to Orpik. 

My point was if you're judging the character of players on a team, the Bruins are at best even with Montreal.  Certainly no better.

I don't get the whole arrogant thing that Subban is constantly tagged with.  I wasn't much of a fan (and am still pretty indifferent) but after watching 24CH realized he's basically a big goofball who wears his heart on his sleeve.  He's an emotional guy but humble teammate.  When Ovechkin does it, it's passion.  Patrick Kane, it's swagger.  But Subban's excitement gets labeled as arrogance. 

#292 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:07 PM

Marchand is a rat and worse than any player on the Canadiens.  Lucic has speared multiple players in the nuts, taunts and trolls players but and isn't man enough to handle losing without threatening guys in the handshake line.  Boychuk and a few other players dive as well, which makes their coaches whining about it even funnier. 

I generally have liked Thornton but the guy has the IQ of a tree stump.  The water squirting during game play was idiotic.  So was what he did to Orpik. 

My point was if you're judging the character of players on a team, the Bruins are at best even with Montreal.  Certainly no better.

I don't get the whole arrogant thing that Subban is constantly tagged with.  I wasn't much of a fan (and am still pretty indifferent) but after watching 24CH realized he's basically a big goofball who wears his heart on his sleeve.  He's an emotional guy but humble teammate.  When Ovechkin does it, it's passion.  Patrick Kane, it's swagger.  But Subban's excitement gets labeled as arrogance. 

Marchand is a rat, cocky,idiot and I've loved the way Thornton told him to shut up and take a seat. Like I said Lucid out of control can be a dirty player but he is not arrogant, cocky or acting like wannabe tough guy. Boychuck dives? This is a guy who will block a slapshot just to block another one even if his hand is shattered in other words an absolute tank, safe for Prust and Parros and Murray habs don't have anything close to it.

So yeah my point is overall the Bruins are full of classy character guys they just won't accept be from anyone something the Wings have lost since the Dmac, Downey days.

look at Subbans celebrations, his big mouth interviews superstar Eller saying the Oilers are an ahl team...Cherry ripped Ovechkin pretty good for his absolute disgraceful stick on fire dance add to that his golden laces - Guy is getting his deserved flack - too. Some players just don't know how the approach the game the right way this isn't soccer nor the thugleague people expect and appreciate class in hockey.

kftx.jpg

#293 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

Marchand is a rat, cocky,idiot and I've loved the way Thornton told him to shut up and take a seat. Like I said Lucid out of control can be a dirty player but he is not arrogant, cocky or acting like wannabe tough guy. Boychuck dives? This is a guy who will block a slapshot just to block another one even if his hand is shattered in other words an absolute tank, safe for Prust and Parros and Murray habs don't have anything close to it. So yeah my point is overall the Bruins are full of classy character guys they just won't accept be from anyone something the Wings have lost since the Dmac, Downey days. look at Subbans celebrations, his big mouth interviews superstar Eller saying the Oilers are an ahl team...Cherry ripped Ovechkin pretty good for his absolute disgraceful stick on fire dance add to that his golden laces - Guy is getting his deserved flack - too. Some players just don't know how the approach the game the right way this isn't soccer nor the thugleague people expect and appreciate class in hockey.

Thornton telling him to take a seat has had little effect on how Marchand plays the game.  He still dives, he still taunts guys, he's still a rat.  His antics are by far more hurtful to the game of hockey  than anything Subban has done.  From the bench, Thornton squirted water in the face of Subban during the game.  Can you imagine if Subban had done that?  Or if Subban had flexed his arm the way Lucic taunted him from the bench? It absolutely went both ways in that series.  

I don't see a ton of the Habs so maybe I've missed it but most goal celebrations I've seen from Subban are nothing different than what Patrick Kane does. 

And I'm not sure what the thug comment is about.  Boston is the team with a player who's repeatedly speared guys in the nuts.  And one who jumped a guy being held by a ref.  I like a lot of players on that team but if you're going to associate "thug" with one of the two teams in that series, it's Boston all the way. 

And yes Boychuk dives.  I like the guy overall but I've seen it firsthand more than once. It may be in the collection of Bruins diving someone posted during the Wings series. 

#294 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

the Bruins are full of classy character guys

My brain is going to explode. You continuing to say this doesn't make it true--either that or you and I have VERY different ideas about what makes a man someone of class and character.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#295 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,496 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

My brain is going to explode. You continuing to say this doesn't make it true--either that or you and I have VERY different ideas about what makes a man someone of class and character.

It's like the twilight zone no?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#296 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:36 AM

Claude Lemieux was a class act all the way. Draper was a whining, diving prima donna who acted like he was entitled to everything and thus got what he deserved. McCarty is a gutless coward whose one claim to fame is a sucker punch he pulled on a guy who isn't even a fighter. Avs forever.

EDIT: Also, the Wings bought their Cups. I think that tells you all you need to know about them.

Edited by Dabura, 16 May 2014 - 01:42 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#297 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:31 AM

Thornton telling him to take a seat has had little effect on how Marchand plays the game.  He still dives, he still taunts guys, he's still a rat.  His antics are by far more hurtful to the game of hockey  than anything Subban has done.  From the bench, Thornton squirted water in the face of Subban during the game.  Can you imagine if Subban had done that?  Or if Subban had flexed his arm the way Lucic taunted him from the bench? It absolutely went both ways in that series.  

I don't see a ton of the Habs so maybe I've missed it but most goal celebrations I've seen from Subban are nothing different than what Patrick Kane does. 

And I'm not sure what the thug comment is about.  Boston is the team with a player who's repeatedly speared guys in the nuts.  And one who jumped a guy being held by a ref.  I like a lot of players on that team but if you're going to associate "thug" with one of the two teams in that series, it's Boston all the way. 

And yes Boychuk dives.  I like the guy overall but I've seen it firsthand more than once. It may be in the collection of Bruins diving someone posted during the Wings series. 

Like I said, the only thing having an effect on how Marchand plays, acts will be if Chara, Lucic, McQuaid or Thornton are getting sick of protecting him OR if he gets traded to a not so tough team. The thugleague is a synonym for the NBA it was born after two teams fought each other and then went on to fight with the fans in the stands but my reference was to over the top celebrations they are known from soccer, NBA and NFL and I absolutely hate them, if the best players in the world (Crosby, Stamkos, Toews, Datsyuk) can celebrate and still not go over the top other should be able to do the same without acting like complete showboaters.

Well if you've seen him dive then ok, but personally I didn't recall him as a diver more as a guy who lays it all out each shift.

Whatever the series is done now and with another surprise, this playoffs really are unpredictable this year.

kftx.jpg

#298 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:26 AM

What bums me out is that Subban - Lucic - Marchand were all available for Holland & Co on draft day.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#299 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

Claude Lemieux was a class act all the way. Draper was a whining, diving prima donna who acted like he was entitled to everything and thus got what he deserved. McCarty is a gutless coward whose one claim to fame is a sucker punch he pulled on a guy who isn't even a fighter. Avs forever.

EDIT: Also, the Wings bought their Cups. I think that tells you all you need to know about them.

I hope your happy, you literally just killed me

#300 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:15 AM