• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#21 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

The Habs throw everything on net, which the Wings didn't do. So far their skill and defensive style is tough for the Bruins. Carey Price is also playing fantastic.

#22 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:59 PM

Why didnt Rask play like this against us?

#23 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:00 PM

Why didnt Rask play like this against us?

Because we didn't wreck havoc in front of his net like the Habs are doing.

#24 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

The Habs throw everything on net, which the Wings didn't do. So far their skill and defensive style is tough for the Bruins. Carey Price is also playing fantastic.

Posts and Price are the only reason this game isn't a blow out.

#25 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:05 PM

Wouldn't have gone with Patrice Bergeron in the "who will give a sweet hip check" sweepstakes, but there it is.

Great composure from MTL. This is going to be a good series.

#26 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Boychuck = Truck on skates

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#27 The Greek

The Greek

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:38 PM

I would love to have a player like subban. He pretty much put the team on his back.

Edit: of course, none of it matters without price playing out of his mind. Maybe, putting the team on his back Is a little strong, but I stand by it. H

Edited by The Greek, 01 May 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#28 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

@reporterchris: The Boston fans are pelting the Habs players with beer cans and other debris.

Scumbags. Are youf****** serious?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#29 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Where are those people on here that say "PK Subban is overrated" "I don't want him on our team, his attitude is s***."  I'm starting to think that we need some guys with "bad attitudes" on this team. It's tough to win in this league without heavy hitters and guys that want to knock the other guys heads off. On another note, there were racist remarks on Twitter from Boston fans about PK Subban. I'm starting to really, really hate that Boston fan base. Their sports fans are really arrogant with the success of all their teams lately. They're annoying. Anyway, good game, Habs look pretty good.

#30 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

Where are those people on here that say "PK Subban is overrated" "I don't want him on our team, his attitude is s***."  I'm starting to think that we need some guys with "bad attitudes" on this team. It's tough to win in this league without heavy hitters and guys that want to knock the other guys heads off. On another note, there were racist remarks on Twitter from Boston fans about PK Subban. I'm starting to really, really hate that Boston fan base. Their sports fans are really arrogant with the success of all their teams lately. They're annoying. Anyway, good game, Habs look pretty good.

For every game like this he has, he'll have another where he costs his team the game

#31 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

So not only did fans throw trash at the Canadiens, twitter exploded with racist tweets directed at PK Subban.

Guess Boston fans forgot they drafted Malcolm..

#32 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

Somebody on twitter

A.) tied a noose
B.) took a picture of it
C.) tweeted it...
D.) with the words "something for Subban"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? People are *proud* of the fact that they are racist trash? Like, this a THING?

There are a LOT of reasons to hate the Habs, and there are a LOT of things to chirp them for.

The fact that Subban's race seems to be the rallying issue for a garbage person crowd of Bruins fans is beyond disgusting. I would be absolutely mortified if Wings fans ever acted that way.

And the fact that Malcolm Subban has to sit there and watch his team's fan base behave this way not only toward another black man, but toward his *brother* makes me want to cry.

Oh, yeah--how about this gem? Someone on tumblr could not see the difference between throwing trash at Subban and throwing an octopus at Rask.

Sometimes, I just really want to be done with the human race.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#33 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

the difference between us and Monthreal is that they have Price who can actually steal them games. That is it. It was all Bruins tonight just like in our series.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#34 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:37 AM

Haven't changed my mind about him, Eller, Kadri and Yakupov and never will. NBA, soccer attitudes don't fly in hockey most players get it others for whatever reason don't.

This game was basically the Wings Bruins game #1 just with more scoring, only difference like RUS mentioned was Price playing out of his mind he won't keep that up.

btw. if people think the Bruins fans are arrogant, Blackhawks boards are already talking about the SCF that's just a whole other level of being cocky. God, I hope the Kings sweep them.

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 May 2014 - 03:42 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#35 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

p.k.subban_4116-430x298.jpg

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

I would LOVE to see PK take apart the might Boston Bruins for soooooo many reasons.  Vive le bleu, blanc et rouge!

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:12 AM

Somebody on twitter

A.) tied a noose
B.) took a picture of it
C.) tweeted it...
D.) with the words "something for Subban"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? People are *proud* of the fact that they are racist trash? Like, this a THING?

There are a LOT of reasons to hate the Habs, and there are a LOT of things to chirp them for.

The fact that Subban's race seems to be the rallying issue for a garbage person crowd of Bruins fans is beyond disgusting. I would be absolutely mortified if Wings fans ever acted that way.

And the fact that Malcolm Subban has to sit there and watch his team's fan base behave this way not only toward another black man, but toward his *brother* makes me want to cry.

Oh, yeah--how about this gem? Someone on tumblr could not see the difference between throwing trash at Subban and throwing an octopus at Rask.

Sometimes, I just really want to be done with the human race.

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from anyone in any situation.

Fans of a franchise that broke ground, way back when, with Willie O'Ree should have more respect.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

I don't like subban I think he is selfish and temperamental. That being said I hope he scores 20 goals in this series so the Bruins fans that have reverted back to the 20's can shove some if the garbage they've been throwing up their own asses

#39 Hocketownwest

Hocketownwest

Rookie

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:55 AM

Habs better start moving their feet and forechecking in the defensive zone because they cant expect Price to play like that every game. They are giving Boston way too much room and they seemed a little flat footed. Maybe it was a little rust.

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports. On September 25, 1926........--Dr. Perry Cox "My Chopped Liver" Scrubs

#40 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Watched this one, it became obvious in the second period that Price was going to steal the game for them. At times during the game, the Bruins were peppering him with shots, and he just kept swatting them away.

I love the playoffs