304 replies to this topic

#101 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:08 PM

p.k.subban_3182-430x298.jpg

That guy's not having a good playoffs or anything is he?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#102 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:46 PM

3-0 Habs...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#103 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:49 PM

I really hope Montreal takes this series. Can't stand Boston!

#104 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

3-1 Montreal, Patrice B with a deflection
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#105 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

HAHAHAHA EAT IT BOSTON! 

#106 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:16 PM

Seriously another spear by lucic. What do they do now fine him the max?

#107 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:27 PM

I can't believe a Habs team coached by Michele Therrien is this much better than the Red Wings. But, credit where it's due.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#108 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

I can't believe a Habs team coached by Michele Therrien is this much better than the Red Wings. But, credit where it's due.

Their GM knows how to build a team and make proper trade deadline acquisitions.

#109 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

The Vanek deal probably saved his skin. He wasn't exactly the most popular guy in Montreal for most of the regular season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#110 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

It’s true. Just look at all the cups he’s won!!!!   :rolleyes: 

I wish Holland knew how to do that. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#111 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

Its true. Just look at all the cups hes won!!!!   :rolleyes: 

I wish Holland knew how to do that. 

I wish I could be handed the reins of a roster that was all ready built then be lucky in my drafts and get guys in late rounds that become good.

It's like the Tom Brady in New England deal. Some not intelligent people are like OMG THEIR SCOUTING SO GOOD THEY GOT SUPER BOWL WINNIG QB IN THE 6th ROUND!!!!

when in reality it was LUCK. Same idea in the NHL. The almost "sure things" go in round one or two. After that it's just a guess. Luckily the wings have guess right a lot so far...

#112 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

I wish I could be handed the reins of a roster that was all ready built then be lucky in my drafts and get guys in late rounds that become good.

It's like the Tom Brady in New England deal. Some not intelligent people are like OMG THEIR SCOUTING SO GOOD THEY GOT SUPER BOWL WINNIG QB IN THE 6th ROUND!!!!

when in reality it was LUCK. Same idea in the NHL. The almost "sure things" go in round one or two. After that it's just a guess. Luckily the wings have guess right a lot so far...

It's much more than luck.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#113 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:33 AM

That's for the scientific input!!! I didn't realize it was luck all these years, and Montreal was just cutting everyone else some slack

#114 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:33 AM

Credit Montreal for doubling Detroit's win total v Boston, but I'm not exactly giving them the cup just yet.

They beat a Tampa team that was missing their Vezina finalist, and through three games w/ Boston they've managed to get a jump on the Bruins. They're also giving a clinic for the ages in how not to close out playoff games. I don't know if it's coaching or if they're legitimately getting worn down 30-40 minutes into each game this series, but it's ugly.

I guess as long as you win, it's fine, but they're only halfway there. Game 4 is huge. I think the winner takes the series. Can they keep on getting to Rask early? I have to think that one of these games, the Bs will manage not to dig themselves an early hole, and they may be built a bit better for protecting leads.

Either way, I doubt this series gets boring.

#115 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:49 AM

Brad-Marchand-Limited-Edition-Commemorat

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#116 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-155606401.html

Boston needs to lose, and lose badly to the Habs.  Ole, ole...

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#117 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-155606401.html

Boston needs to lose, and lose badly to the Habs.  Ole, ole...

I'd just like to see Emelin sit Lucic on his ass with a nice, big, clean, hit.  No dirty stuff, no suspensions, just step into him in the open ice...hard.  Emelin's a good hitter, he can manage it. 

Then again maybe I won't have to worry about it if Boston doesn't figure out some way of stopping Subban from carving them up. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#118 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

I'm really confused by this series. You mean it's actually possible for a team to score more than once or twice a game against Boston?  I wish someone would have told the Wings this.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#119 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm really confused by this series. You mean it's actually possible for a team to score more than once or twice a game against Boston?  I wish someone would have told the Wings this.

I think it's largely just the rivalry. Games between these two teams sort of exist outside of time and space and stats and reason and stuff. Everything goes out the window; it really just comes down to which team wants it more. Same deal with what the Wings and 'hawks have had for the past few seasons, especially last year. We pushed them to seven games not because we were that good, but because we always bring it against Chicago.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#120 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

I think it's largely just the rivalry. Games between these two teams sort of exist outside of time and space and stats and reason and stuff. Everything goes out the window; it really just comes down to which team wants it more. Same deal with what the Wings and 'hawks have had for the past few seasons, especially last year. We pushed them to seven games not because we were that good, but because we always bring it against Chicago.

At the same time, though, full credit to the Habs for being a really good team. Historically, I hate Therrien, but I feel like his "Okay, wut wur gonna do is wur gunna show some f****** pride. And wur gunna show some f****** skillz to put deir f****** heads troo dah glass. Becuss, unterstandt dis: we got belief in are systum, and we got dah abilities, and we got dah goaltending, and we got dah scoring. And if we put deir f****** heads troo duh glass, wur gonna come out on toppa dis. I truly believe dat. Do you believe dat? [loud show of belief in dat] Let's f****** do dis. Put thur f****** heads troo duh glass" is actually kind of perfect for this team and its rivalry with the Bruins. Everyone talks up their speed and skill, but their physicality is underrated and, I think, a big reason why they can hang with the Bruins.

Don't Toews me, bro!