• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#121 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

I'm really confused by this series. You mean it's actually possible for a team to score more than once or twice a game against Boston?  I wish someone would have told the Wings this.

I know it was popular to think so after the Boston-Detroit series, but the truth is the Bruins are not some super team or "the best team in recent memory" as some were suggesting.  Apparently they're perfectly human if you don't make dumb personnel decisions and actually execute a game plan. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#122 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

I know it was popular to think so after the Boston-Detroit series, but the truth is the Bruins are not some super team or "the best team in recent memory" as some were suggesting.  Apparently they're perfectly human if you don't make dumb personnel decisions and actually execute a game plan. 

The wings did beat them 3 times during the season. Obviously they're not unstoppable. I lay the blame on the coaching in this one. I just don't understand why mike does what he does with the lines when it doesn't work, and why he's so averse to icing a team with an enforcer in the playoffs for a game or two. I just don't get the logic.
mccarty3

#123 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think it's largely just the rivalry. Games between these two teams sort of exist outside of time and space and stats and reason and stuff. Everything goes out the window; it really just comes down to which team wants it more. Same deal with what the Wings and 'hawks have had for the past few seasons, especially last year. We pushed them to seven games not because we were that good, but because we always bring it against Chicago.

We do?  I know we took them to seven last year, but outside of that I don't think we've exactly "brought it" against them for a few years.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#124 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

We do?  I know we took them to seven last year, but outside of that I don't think we've exactly "brought it" against them for a few years.

Fair enough. I do feel like we tend to play them pretty tough, but they've definitely had our number in recent years, so...whatevz. F*** the Blackhawks.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#125 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:46 AM

I wish I could be handed the reins of a roster that was all ready built then be lucky in my drafts and get guys in late rounds that become good.

It's like the Tom Brady in New England deal. Some not intelligent people are like OMG THEIR SCOUTING SO GOOD THEY GOT SUPER BOWL WINNIG QB IN THE 6th ROUND!!!!

when in reality it was LUCK. Same idea in the NHL. The almost "sure things" go in round one or two. After that it's just a guess. Luckily the wings have guess right a lot so far...

They developed him well, put him in a system he could work with, he had a really good mentor in drew bledsoe to help him, and he took advantage of it.
Its not luck to find guys that late that fit your system, thats what scouts and your staff get paid to do.
they lost tom Brady for a full year and went 11-5 with matt Cassel leading them.
Another 7th round quarter back.

Montreal is fast, skilled, and the guys they brought in fit into their system.

As for your ken Holland jabs,
No offense, but that argument is starting to sound like its coming from a spoiled teenager being told no for the first time.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 08 May 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#126 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:06 AM

Encore, SVP.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#127 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

so...whatevz. F*** the Blackhawks.

signed

#128 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

i didnt even think the habs were a playoff team. so props to them for doing what they did so far

#129 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

I really hope they put the first nail in Boston tonight.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#130 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:34 PM

Are the Habs playing that video every playoff game or was that the first time?  It was amazing!

I answered my own question, guess they've played it a few times.  Still amazing.  If it was posted already I missed it.

#131 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

one of these years I'm going to see a game in Montreal.

#132 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

A tattoo parlour and a barber shop, shaving the CH into people's heads, outside the Bell Centre. pic.twitter.com/jgr7jgaZEA

BnI9At2IMAAG3al.jpg

#133 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

Kenny Alberts and Pierre McGuire. Who decided these two would be good together?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#134 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

Oh, Boston won it barely? Nobody gives a s***

#135 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Milbury (of all people) was talking up the Habs during the first intermission, but they looked kind of flat most of the night. Definitely a step back in terms of getting bodies in front of Rask, and the score showed it. 

If this thing goes 7, they should just save everyone some time and start in OT.

#136 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Eat that french fries two more for the Bruins to go, nice We might be seeing the exact same teams as last year lol

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#137 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

I say LA beats bruins in the finals! Mark my worlds. Chi will lose to LA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#138 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

Well, the Habs fans were clamoring for more penalties...

#139 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:23 PM

The Smith's mom sent a text saying "I hope you win tonight" to both Reilly and Brendan in the first round. Pretty funny.

#140 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

shawn+thornton+laughing+GIF.gif

Grande secousse!