• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Was Legwand worth it?

Rate this topic

People need to move on. Even if Jarnkrok is good he's on a team that's going nowhere. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

u

o

Nashville is not that far away from icing a dangerous team, their goaltending and D is set they'll get a very good offensive forward in this draft and some young players are on their way.

As the title asks, the Wings gave up a center a lot of scouts characterized as being as close to the next Zetterberg as there can be and a second for a 4th liner and 5 games in the playoffs. Was it worth the cost to keep the streak alive? Or should they have trusted the kids? Thoughts?

If your asking then you know the answer

We got No choice but to accept we got seriously raped in that deal .... I sure as hell don't wanna see legwand return to detroit among a few other guys

Time to let the kids fly

I like how Jarnkrok is already being called the next Zetterberg after 12 games in the NHL.

I like how our saviour was a 4th liner here

I said he was a good 3rd line center on most good nhl teams and got sh*t by some ... Can't even crack the top 3 in detroit

Adios legwand

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

We got No choice but to accept we got seriously raped in that deal .... I sure as hell don't wanna see legwand return to detroit among a few other guys

Time to let the kids fly

I said he was a good 3rd line center on most good nhl teams and got sh*t by some ... Can't even crack the top 3 in detroit

Adios legwand

aaaaaaaand by that logic, Franzen is a legitimate top-6 winger, considering that's where he played in the lineup? Same for the people that complain about Abdelkader being up there?

Ahhh... right.

aaaaaaaand by that logic, Franzen is a legitimate top-6 winger, considering that's where he played in the lineup? Same for the people that complain about Abdelkader being up there?

Ahhh... right.

Franzen is a top 6 player he's just for whatever reason not producing ... Maybe he needs a change of scenery who knows .... I sure as he'll know if he went to Pittsburgh he wouldn't be in the bottom 6 or most if not all nhl teams

Abs is a top 6 here cause Babs likes his being In front of the net and he hits ... Which we sadly don't have any of those guys , if legwand was that good he'd be with pav and hank on a line , couldn't even crack it

We need a top 6 power forward in our prospect pool to emerge one say ... We got too much finesse ... Need a few guys who will bodycheck the hell out of players

A few things. I said at the time it was a bad trade, I still think that and I am not a Jarnkrok fan. The 2nd alone should have been enough or Jarnkrok alone. We overpaid.

I think Nashville played a little hard ball considering Legwand was their first player and pretty much the face of the franchise (in a way). Didn't help that at the time he was their leading point getter.

That said, that doesn't excuse Holland for overpaying,

Franzen is a top 6 player he's just for whatever reason not producing ... Maybe he needs a change of scenery who knows .... I sure as he'll know if he went to Pittsburgh he wouldn't be in the bottom 6 or most if not all nhl teams

Abs is a top 6 here cause Babs likes his being In front of the net and he hits ... Which we sadly don't have any of those guys , if legwand was that good he'd be with pav and hank on a line , couldn't even crack it

We need a top 6 power forward in our prospect pool to emerge one say ... We got too much finesse ... Need a few guys who will bodycheck the hell out of players

So those guys = excuses, but a guy who has put up 5 more points than your beloved Franzen over the last two years = simply sucks? Come on.

Guest Playmaker

It kind of reminded me of picking up Tootoo. I didn't like either acquisition at the time, but could see the reasoning behind it. But yet, with both of them, they were brought in and never really seemed to be used to their capability.

I have no idea what Weiss will bring next year. But he's already signed, has a NTC and can't be bought out with a compliance buyout. The last thing we need is going down that road again of having too many aging, injured vets signed to long term deals creating a logjam.

Don't know whether his acquisition got us into the playoffs or not or if Jarnkrok will be another Zetterberg or another Brunner, but at this point, I'm just a little apprehensive about signing another over 30 guy on the downside of his career to a multi year deal.

So those guys = excuses, but a guy who has put up 5 more points than your beloved Franzen over the last two years = simply sucks? Come on.

Ya you lost me lol first off beloved Franzen? I don't even want him to return I'm sick of his inconsistencies .... That being said I do think he's a top 6 guy ... I just think it's time to turn the page

And who has 5 more pts legwand? Well not for nothing Nashville isn't stacked with any real offensive threats which is why he probably got a lot of the ice time there which is why I said he's really a number 3 guy on most good teams and got s***

Couldn't even crack the top 4 here ... One of the same reasonings I gave for weiss and got s*** as well .... Injuries or not he's been a disaster for 2 yrs as well ... But we're talking about legwand here so forget weiss

Time to let the kids fly

Adios legwand

Legwand wasn't on the "fourth" line because he can't cut it as a second line center. He was on that line so give the team some balance to play 4th lines. It's not like the 4th line was only playing a few minutes a game here. They were getting 2nd line ice time depending on the game, dating back to the end of the regular season. But if you want to base your arguments solely off of looking at the lineup sheet, then go right ahead. Babs depended on that line to play a lot of important minutes in the series. You make it sound as if he was nothing more than a 4th liner seeing 3 or 4 minutes per game.

Ya you lost me lol first off beloved Franzen? I don't even want him to return I'm sick of his inconsistencies .... That being said I do think he's a top 6 guy ... I just think it's time to turn the page

And who has 5 more pts legwand? Well not for nothing Nashville isn't stacked with any real offensive threats which is why he probably got a lot of the ice time there which is why I said he's really a number 3 guy on most good teams and got s***

Couldn't even crack the top 4 here ... One of the same reasonings I gave for weiss and got s*** as well .... Injuries or not he's been a disaster for 2 yrs as well ... But we're talking about legwand here so forget weiss

Don't worry, Weiss will have you eating crow soon enough

Legwand wasn't on the "fourth" line because he can't cut it as a second line center. He was on that line so give the team some balance to play 4th lines. It's not like the 4th line was only playing a few minutes a game here. They were getting 2nd line ice time depending on the game, dating back to the end of the regular season. But if you want to base your arguments solely off of looking at the lineup sheet, then go right ahead. Babs depended on that line to play a lot of important minutes in the series. You make it sound as if he was nothing more than a 4th liner seeing 3 or 4 minutes per game.

Don't worry, Weiss will have you eating crow soon enough

If legwand was that good he'd be in the top 6 believe me it's not like our guys outside of datsyuk did anything that series

And well see about weiss been 2 years he's done f*** all

I do hope he gets his 50 pts cause were stuck with him ... I'm sure as he'll not expecting him to get 60-80 that will never happen

If legwand was that good he'd be in the top 6 believe me it's not like our guys outside of datsyuk did anything that series

And well see about weiss been 2 years he's done f*** all

I do hope he gets his 50 pts cause were stuck with him ... I'm sure as he'll not expecting him to get 60-80 that will never happen

Weiss was with us for 1 season. Played hurt while he was here. What a bust! But yes, lets just ignore everything about his past so we can complain about him.

Weiss was with us for 1 season. Played hurt while he was here. What a bust! But yes, lets just ignore everything about his past so we can complain about him.

Ignore everything from his past lmao like those 4 pts in 17 games he had in Florida? I'm sorry but your a bit delusional ... I'd expect him to get his 50 pts nothing else he's not a star

Ignore everything from his past lmao like those 4 pts in 17 games he had in Florida? I'm sorry but your a bit delusional ... I'd expect him to get his 50 pts nothing else he's not a star

I'm delusional because Weiss has always been a good, consistent and reliable player until he ran into a bit of bad luck with injuries? Argue my points all day long. No need to resort to calling someone delusional. You're ignoring everything he has ever accomplished, and picking out stats from an injured season so you can complain about him.

How about getting back on topic, as Weiss has nothing to do with Legwand.

Sigh. Franzen is not a top-six skater. & Legwand has five more points than Franzen. And did you look at the minutes/game between Legwand and Franzen? Guess what... Legwand had less than 1.5minutes/game of ice time than Franzen. And almost 4mins/game less in the playoffs. And Franzen got a whopping ONE more playoff point that Legwand in 20+minutes of hockey (almost a whole additional period)... while playing the scoring role.

Where's the Price Is Right buzzer right now? Hmm.

And it wasn't that he couldn't... it's that Babcock didn't let him. He seemed to help carry the team just fine as the 2nd line center down the stretch, no?

Edited by _SP_

Legwand will not be back... and we gave them Zetterberg 2.0 for a rental...

Kenny is saying one thing and doing opposite...

I think people are highly underestimating Zetterberg here. While Jarnkrok may turn into a good NHLer, it's wild speculation to claim he will ever have the passion, heart, and will to win of our current captain.

Well, 11 points in his first 12 games will do that.

Not to people who understand all of Z's intangibles.

I think people are highly underestimating Zetterberg here. While Jarnkrok may turn into a good NHLer, it's wild speculation to claim he will ever have the passion, heart, and will to win of our current captain.

Not to people who understand all of Z's intangibles.

I don't think Jarnkrok will ever be as good as Z. But that doesn't mean we didn't overpay for Legwand.

Jarnkrok still wasn't going to make the team for a few years anyway, and by that time he would already be 24. Jurco and Sheahan are younger then him, and are 2 years ahead of him in their development. Jarnkrok is a late bloomer, and the Wings can't wait 4+ years for their draft picks to make the team. I'd make the Legwand trade again, and again.

Edited by Barrie

Guest DeGraa55

I liked acquiring legwand and Im the kind of guy who like trading prospects for proven players. But I didn't understand how our best prospect is equal to a third line center second for us with all the injuries. IMO we should've tried to get them to throw in Josi and we could add another prospect.