Photo
- - - - -

What is more important?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: What is more important?

More important?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Look at the 08 cup winning team.  Elite defense and average forwards.  Rafalski + Lidstrom + Kronwall + Stuart + Chris Chelios won that cup.

#42 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

Offering Tatar, Almquist and a 2nd for Shattenkirk would almost ensure that St Louis never answers a phone call from you again. I agree with the sentiment though, Shattenkirk would make us a much better team.

Lol I love the offseason! These trades I've seen flying around....priceless.

#43 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:18 AM

Man just read a few other forums from eliminated teams, if people here think we are overreacting holy cow the Blues fans are absolutely furious and losing it some are even putting guys like Backes on the table.

Having said that if Army panicks and Shattenkirk will be made available Holland has to be in on this deal I'd offer Tatar + Almquist + 2nd rounder. The guy is young and would fix our defense immedeiately.

Offering Tatar, Almquist and a 2nd for Shattenkirk would almost ensure that St Louis never answers a phone call from you again. I agree with the sentiment though, Shattenkirk would make us a much better team.

Well just as a starting point but I really don't believe they would be that stupid. Their defense is awesome and cheap goaltending help in form of Allen is on the way. I guess their biggest need is goalscoring

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#44 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

Well just as a starting point but I really don't believe they would be that stupid. Their defense is awesome and cheap goaltending help in form of Allen is on the way. I guess their biggest need is goalscoring

St. Louis was sixth in the league in goals per games.  Tarasenko, Oshie, Steen, Backes, Schwartz, all had more than 20 goals per.  They had so much scoring they traded Chris Stewart (15 goals this year and former 30 goal scorer) away without batting an eye. 

We had one guy score more than 20, and you're proposing we trade the only other guy who was close. 

They aren't going to trade one of the best young defensemen in the league for Tatar and scrubs.  They don't need his offense.  We, on the other hand, do need it.   

Edited by kipwinger, 30 April 2014 - 09:35 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."