• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
larionov_8

Nikolai Kulemin

Rate this topic

With the playoffs over for the Wings, the UFA speculation can begin in full force. I wanted to start a thread about a specific player: Nikolai Kulemin.

I've always thought Kulemin had a lot of upside and that he would put up quality points with offensive players and some PP time. He has size (similar to Abdelkader) and can hit. He's still young, fairly durable. He earns 2.8 mil with Toronto, hard to put a value on him given that he put up 30 goals a few seasons back but has played a very defensive role in Toronto since then. Living near Toronto I've had some opportunity to watch him play; here is some highlights:

If our UFA forwards are not resigned (and this seems fairly likely to me), the Wings have room for a winger. If you were Ken Holland, would you offer him a contract, and if so, how much and how long?

Kulemin is a very good player that if we have to fill in a spot after I trade, I would be all for. Right now we don't have any room. But if say a Tatar has to be moved to make a deal, signing him would be good backup plan. Now what I would want to sign him for and what he wants would be 2 different things. I wouldn't go longer than 4 year or more than 3 million per.