• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

So who are the top RHed Dmen?

Rate this topic

Myers isn't going to get bought out. He is still very young and played much better the second half under Nolan.

Now Letang. I could see the Pens moving him and keeping Nikwhatever his name is. Whatever happened to Smith or Jones......geez...... A Dekeyser-Letang pairing would be very good overall. Yes there would be some WTF moments on D once in a while. But 90 points from the pair would be normal.

Not my words - The Hockey News' postulation.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/top-five-compliance-buyout-candidates-for-2014/

Myers isn't going to get bought out. He is still very young and played much better the second half under Nolan.

Now Letang. I could see the Pens moving him and keeping Nikwhatever his name is. Whatever happened to Smith or Jones......geez...... A Dekeyser-Letang pairing would be very good overall. Yes there would be some WTF moments on D once in a while. But 90 points from the pair would be normal.

http://fansided.com/2013/10/25/tyler-myers-buyout-canadate-buffalo-sabres/#!HaXNR

http://sabrenoise.com/2013/05/08/will-the-buffalo-sabres-use-their-amnesty-buyouts/

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/murray-needs-to-boldy-tear-down-sabres-to-build-them-up/

I understand the "rumors". We all see those and post/repeat the rumors all the time. But there is no reason for them to buyout Myers. They have plenty of cap, they could trade him for more picks/prospects, or they could keep him. Go look at Chara's career. he didn't become a top Dman until his late 20's. For whatever the reasons Dmen take longer in general to develop, and really tall guys like both of them take the longest. If buf is going to use their last buyout it would much more sense to use it on erhoff and get out from the last 8 years of his contract.

I would gladly take Boyle as a stopgap veteran. Moves the puck well, right-handed and can help out the power play. The Wings just need something different than Quincey playing 20 minutes per game. They got very little offensively from the d-men last season.

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Boyle

Ericsson - Marchenko

Then in a couple years you have the wave of Ouellet, Sproul and maybe Backman all ready to play in the NHL.

I would gladly take Boyle as a stopgap veteran. Moves the puck well, right-handed and can help out the power play. The Wings just need something different than Quincey playing 20 minutes per game. They got very little offensively from the d-men last season.

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Boyle

Ericsson - Marchenko

Then in a couple years you have the wave of Ouellet, Sproul and maybe Backman all ready to play in the NHL.

At which point we would have to move E and probably trade one of them. I really like all three of these kids. Backman is very underrated because of his low exposure playing in Sweden and has produced 4 points in 4 playoff games so far. Ouellet is obviously talented and smart all around. Sproul just looks like he is a raw Shea Weber in the making once his body fills out. I don't want to lose any of these guys.

I like Marchenko too and he should get the first look next year probably - I just don't really have any idea what he will project as in the NHL. Injuries are also a concern for him going forward and he will need to avoid them to stay in the lineup and keep other kids from winning his spot.

There is no wat that Jets are going to trade Trouba.

I think that Franson could be had for cheap... other than that Buff or Bogo straight for Ericsson could be an option too

I think we would have to add to E to get Bogo due to age difference. Ericsson + 1st or Tatar could maybe get Bogo.

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Boyle

Ericsson - Marchenko

Frankly I'm getting tired of stop gaps. We can't wait for the kids, there is no guarantee that they will turn out to be good, just look at Kindl. We have been waiting on him to realize his potential for years, and that never materialized. I'd like to see Holland make a trade for a known commodity, even if that includes using our young D prospects to make a deal happen.

There is no wat that Jets are going to trade Trouba.

I think that Franson could be had for cheap... other than that Buff or Bogo straight for Ericsson could be an option too

I agree about Trouba, but that's it

Personally, I don't think handedness is an especially big deal. Could we really use a righty or two? Absolutely. But at the end of the day, a good defenseman is a good defenseman.

Yeah I agree. Seems like Holland blames everything that happened this year on not having a right handed shot dman.

Not having RHed players is in fact an issue. But it is/was not the only one. BTW, who is responsible for putting the roster together? maybe he should draft, sign, trade for more RHers........

You have three RH Dmen at GR...they drafted at least one a year ago. Not sure about Toledo or guys they drafted playing in college or Toledo

True. But that was after not taking/developing any for several years. None of which have made it yet and we have no idea if any ever will. We hope they do, but there are no sure things.

True. But that was after not taking/developing any for several years. None of which have made it yet and we have no idea if any ever will. We hope they do, but there are no sure things.

That's not really true. There was a 4 year period when the wings didn't choose any right-handed Defencemen, but that was back in 2001-2004. We chose 2 in 2000 so there were those guys in the propect pool and we had Chelios, Dandenault, Krupp on the roster for those years and even Olausson in 2001 so there wasn't much need for rightys. Since 2005, there has been a lot of RH D chosen, but the draft picks just haven't worked out.

Right-handed Defence draft picks since 2000:

2000: Paul Ballantyne

2000: Alexaner Seluyanov

2005: Juho Mielonen

2005: Bretton Stamler

2006: Logan Pyett

2008: Max Nicastro

2009: Nick Jensen

2011: Ryan Sproul

2011: Marchenko

From everything I have read, It looks incredibly likely that Marchenko and Sproul will be on the Red Wings in the future.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

That's not really true. There was a 4 year period when the wings didn't choose any right-handed Defencemen, but that was back in 2001-2004. We chose 2 in 2000 so there were those guys in the propect pool and we had Chelios, Dandenault, Krupp on the roster for those years and even Olausson in 2001 so there wasn't much need for rightys. Since 2005, there has been a lot of RH D chosen, but the draft picks just haven't worked out.

Right-handed Defence draft picks since 2000:

2000: Paul Ballantyne

2000: Alexaner Seluyanov

2005: Juho Mielonen

2005: Bretton Stamler

2006: Logan Pyett

2008: Max Nicastro

2009: Nick Jensen

2011: Ryan Sproul

2011: Marchenko

From everything I have read, It looks incredibly likely that Marchenko and Sproul will be on the Red Wings in the future.

I wouldn't completely rule out Jensen or even Nicastro either

PVD you showed my point perfectly. I said drafting/developing. You showed that since 2000-earlier tbh, we have not developed a single RHed dman. not one. Now we have a couple that may turn out in Sproul and marchenko. So maybe 1/2 over 15 years. That is not very good at all.

I'd trade the world to get Pietrangelo. I don't think we have the assets to put a package together good enough to get him though. So a dream will remain a dream.

Shattenkirk is a realistic possibility of being moved. The Blues are more with keeping Petro, Bou, etc. They need scoring forwards though.

PVD you showed my point perfectly. I said drafting/developing. You showed that since 2000-earlier tbh, we have not developed a single RHed dman. not one. Now we have a couple that may turn out in Sproul and marchenko. So maybe 1/2 over 15 years. That is not very good at all.

Okay. I thought you were claiming that we hadn't drafted RH D in the years before, Marchenko, Sproul, Jensen.

I actually think it would be safe bet to say that either Marchenko or Sproul will be a regular on the roster next year by Christmas time. At least that's what I've taken from recent Holland/Babcock quotes.