• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alextricity

Wings will buy out Tootoo, not Franzen.

Rate this topic

this was actually in the Holland Quote thread. I understand buying out Tootoo and letting him try to get a NHL contract, but this team will be skating in mud with Franzen on it. He brings the entire team down 37 notches...just say goodbye to :balloon:

i don't really understand the tootoo buyout personally, his cap hit is very minimal when buried in the minors

It gives Tootoo a chance to play in the nhl again. He deserves to play but doesn't have a spot in this system

It gives Tootoo a chance to play in the nhl again. He deserves to play but doesn't have a spot in this system

Yup. Seems like another case of trying to do right by a player, like Eaves being dealt. Unfortunately, it sticks the Wings with the Mule until 2099 or some such.

Guest Playmaker

I don't get Holland saying he deserves to be an NHL player, but yet he isn't good enough to be on this team? He's acting like he'd be doing him this huge favor. If they wanted to do him a favor, why didn't they give him an honest chance to do what he does on this team? I really didn't understand the signing at the time, but it made even less sense that they signed him, he played the way he has always played, and yet wasn't deemed to be a fit for this team. I think this was one player that Holland and Babcock definitely disagreed on. I wasn't a fan of Tootoo's before, but I appreciate the way he's handled things and hope that he gets a shot on another team.

i don't really understand the tootoo buyout personally, his cap hit is very minimal when buried in the minors

It is still 1.9 million dollars ownership would have to pay to a guy to not play in the NHL.

I get the frustration for Mule. I don't think he is nearly as bad as some make him out to be, however. In the end, the only issue with him is if the team is in a situation to depend on his scoring. If the top 6 is solidified, he is still a defensive forward who can put the puck in the net. As long as he plays responsible while he is cold, and we have plenty of other secondary scoring, having him around will be fine. I'd love to see him parking in front of the net on the pp. Back in 2008, doing that was what set him on fire scoring-wise to begin with. Maybe it is just a matter of going back to basics with him. Also a good way to have a role for him when his abilities do start to decline. If memory serves me right, he was more than adequate when it came to deflecting the puck in front of the net.

I don't get Holland saying he deserves to be an NHL player, but yet he isn't good enough to be on this team? He's acting like he'd be doing him this huge favor. If they wanted to do him a favor, why didn't they give him an honest chance to do what he does on this team? I really didn't understand the signing at the time, but it made even less sense that they signed him, he played the way he has always played, and yet wasn't deemed to be a fit for this team. I think this was one player that Holland and Babcock definitely disagreed on. I wasn't a fan of Tootoo's before, but I appreciate the way he's handled things and hope that he gets a shot on another team.

Who does he play in place of then? Tootoo can't even crack the Griffins lineup. His only shot to play in the NHL is to play on a basement team who can use a guy like that to keep the fans entertained. Not a knock on Tootoo. I like the guy. There is just nowhere for him here.

If Totoo could play elsewhere he wouldn't have cleared waivers. Never understood the mini enforcer signing and equally don't understand those who think he might go elsewhere to play next.

I get that some love the guy for some reason but he had no place on this or any other NHL team this year.

Guest DeGraa55

I just wish holland would retire now. You know he isn't man enough to admit his mistake with Franzen. And we ALL know this off season will be more of the same s***.

We will resign Alfie so we can have another 45 year old player. The we will here "we like our team". All ******* season long. Then management will wonder why we finish in the 6th through 10th range again.

Or better yet maybe we get that top 5-10 pick.

With what Franzen brings to this team, he isn't worth Emmerton's salary...seriously. I don't care about his 5 goals a week every third month. Until Franzen is gone, this team will never get above a wild card spot and never win another Cup.

Franzen after "The Choice" 0 Cups...

Hossa after "The Choice" 2 Cups and still in the playoffs... Every since Hossa left and we got stuck with :balloon: The Wings have three 2nd round losses and two 1st round losses...haven't had a 40 goal scorer since. Franzen has averaged 0.375 PPG in the playoffs since 2010, only 0.5 since the 08 Cup. Hossa? 0.75 PPG. PLUS the 2 Cups...

It is what it is, but Holland has to know that Franzen is done...he has to. He has to look at him float around 5 months out of the season and just curse up and down! I picture him doing the "Darn darn darn darn" dance of Herman Munster....Mule my ass, more like Llama or Emu...or Sloth.

Oh, and the report that Hossa was offered a contract before Franzen, that may be, but it was well less than what Chicago gave him because Holland was offering Hudler $3.5M at the same time. Hudler and Franzen don't equal a fart from Hossa and look what we were stuck with and still are!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

With what Franzen brings to this team, he isn't worth Emmerton's salary...seriously. I don't care about his 5 goals a week every third month. Until Franzen is gone, this team will never get above a wild card spot and never win another Cup.

I get the sense you don't like Franzen. Why the change of heart?

Guest DeGraa55

It is still 1.9 million dollars ownership would have to pay to a guy to not play in the NHL.

I get the frustration for Mule. I don't think he is nearly as bad as some make him out to be, however. In the end, the only issue with him is if the team is in a situation to depend on his scoring. If the top 6 is solidified, he is still a defensive forward who can put the puck in the net. As long as he plays responsible while he is cold, and we have plenty of other secondary scoring, having him around will be fine. I'd love to see him parking in front of the net on the pp. Back in 2008, doing that was what set him on fire scoring-wise to begin with. Maybe it is just a matter of going back to basics with him. Also a good way to have a role for him when his abilities do start to decline. If memory serves me right, he was more than adequate when it came to deflecting the puck in front of the net.

Who does he play in place of then? Tootoo can't even crack the Griffins lineup. His only shot to play in the NHL is to play on a basement team who can use a guy like that to keep the fans entertained. Not a knock on Tootoo. I like the guy. There is just nowhere for him here.

1.9m to play for OUR AHL TEAM with minimal cap hit or 1.9m to play FOR ANOTHER TEAM with no cap hit.....

Guest DeGraa55

He isn't getting ice time with our AHL team either. Buying him out at least gives him a chance to end up somewhere.

No buying him out means WERE STUCK WITH FRANZEN.

No buying him out means WERE STUCK WITH FRANZEN.

Franzen isn't getting bought out regardless. When are people going to realize that buying out Tootoo has nothing to do with Mule?

Also, Franzen is not this teams problem! He isn't out there costing the Wings games.

Edited by marcaractac

Guest DeGraa55

Franzen isn't getting bought out regardless. When are people going to realize that buying out Tootoo has nothing to do with Mule?

Also, Franzen is not this teams problem! He isn't out there costing the Wings games.

Actually he is. He is one of the problems. Players see that he can get paid big then slack off put in no effort and still get paid with no consequence. As someone else said THIS TEAM WILL NOT WIN A STANLEY CUP WHILE HE IS ON THE ROSTER.