• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#21 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

It is still 1.9 million dollars ownership would have to pay to a guy to not play in the NHL.

I get the frustration for Mule. I don't think he is nearly as bad as some make him out to be, however. In the end, the only issue with him is if the team is in a situation to depend on his scoring. If the top 6 is solidified, he is still a defensive forward who can put the puck in the net. As long as he plays responsible while he is cold, and we have plenty of other secondary scoring, having him around will be fine. I'd love to see him parking in front of the net on the pp. Back in 2008, doing that was what set him on fire scoring-wise to begin with. Maybe it is just a matter of going back to basics with him. Also a good way to have a role for him when his abilities do start to decline. If memory serves me right, he was more than adequate when it came to deflecting the puck in front of the net. 

Who does he play in place of then? Tootoo can't even crack the Griffins lineup. His only shot to play in the NHL is to play on a basement team who can use a guy like that to keep the fans entertained. Not a knock on Tootoo. I like the guy. There is just nowhere for him here.

1.9m to play for OUR AHL TEAM with minimal cap hit or 1.9m to play FOR ANOTHER TEAM with no cap hit.....

#22 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

1.9m to play for OUR AHL TEAM with minimal cap hit or 1.9m to play FOR ANOTHER TEAM with no cap hit.....

He isn't getting ice time with our AHL team either. Buying him out at least gives him a chance to end up somewhere.

#23 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

He isn't getting ice time with our AHL team either. Buying him out at least gives him a chance to end up somewhere.

No buying him out means WERE STUCK WITH FRANZEN.

#24 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

No buying him out means WERE STUCK WITH FRANZEN.

Franzen isn't getting bought out regardless. When are people going to realize that buying out Tootoo has nothing to do with Mule?

Also, Franzen is not this teams problem! He isn't out there costing the Wings games.

Edited by marcaractac, 30 April 2014 - 10:48 PM.

#25 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:52 PM

Franzen isn't getting bought out regardless. When are people going to realize that buying out Tootoo has nothing to do with Mule?

Also, Franzen is not this teams problem! He isn't out there costing the Wings games.

Actually he is. He is one of the problems. Players see that he can get paid big then slack off put in no effort and still get paid with no consequence. As someone else said THIS TEAM WILL NOT WIN A STANLEY CUP WHILE HE IS ON THE ROSTER.

#26 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:55 PM

They already have...

#27 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:58 PM

They already have...

God you're a clown in the future were not talking about the past. Well I guess some are since it'll be awhile before the wings return to that.

#28 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:03 PM

so we have no one who can hit

and fight

#29 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

People with sense knew this

Well, you're a sad, isolated soul, aren't you?

#30 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:07 PM

so we have no one who can hit

and fight

Well smith and E will fight....just not good lol

Remember the power play is the enforcer!

#31 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Oh yeah that fearsome power play where our point men hopelessly try for clappers from the point with absolutely nobody who can tip it in and bang it in the defenders shins 9 times out of 10

#32 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

God you're a clown in the future were not talking about the past. Well I guess some are since it'll be awhile before the wings return to that.

Is calling someone a clown really necessary? 

#33 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Oh yeah that fearsome power play where our point men hopelessly try for clappers from the point with absolutely nobody who can tip it in and bang it in the defenders shins 9 times out of 10

Yes that one.... you remembered! ;)

Is calling someone a clown really necessary? 

Yes when what someone says is funny. Am I not allowed to laugh at what I believe to be a joke? Or if they put zero thought into something...

If you find that insulting well...I just don't know what to say to that.

Edited by DeGraa55, 30 April 2014 - 11:27 PM.

#34 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Yes that one.... you remembered! ;)
Yes when what you say is funny. Am I not allowed to laugh at what I believe to be a joke?

If you find that insulting well...I just don't know what to say to that.

I don't find it insulting, I just think it will lead to you not being taken seriously in a debate when talking to people that way.

#35 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:31 PM

I apologize, I didn't know that you could see the future, Hockey-damus. Please share more of your visions of the future of hockey! Does the NHL adopt rocket skates and cyborg goalie technology?!?!

#36 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

I don't find it insulting, I just think it will lead to you not being taken seriously in a debate when talking to people that way.

I understand but it wasn't a debate. And clown is a pretty nice thing to say about most people lol.

#37 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

I apologize, I didn't know that you could see the future, Hockey-damus. Please share more of your visions of the future of hockey! Does the NHL adopt rocket skates and cyborg goalie technology?!?!

What about cyber groins?

#38 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:34 PM

Well I happen to be right more often then not when talkin about the wings.

Look back at the predictions before this season. I and maybe one or two others said the wings would finish where they did fighting for one of the last playoff spots and then doing nothing in the playoffs. Sorry for being right :(

#39 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

• PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

What about cyber groins?

I think DeGraa55 is probably the best person to ask about that. He's the expert on hockey player's groins.

Edited by Bannedforlife, 30 April 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#40 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:05 AM

Trade Franzen for someone with a decent groin - Degrass 2014