• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:07 AM

I think DeGraa55 is probably the best person to ask about that. He's the expert on hockey player's groins.

I would but he doesn't seem to like clowns

#42 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:09 AM

And y'all got on me for calling someone a clown. LOL. Pathetic people these days.

#43 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:19 AM

good god can't people handle their disagreements via private messages ? :(

I think it's a wasted buyout simple as that, Tootoo's salary doesn't hurt that much so you could easily use a normal buyout on him. The Mule is what he is he will not get better and certainly not be playing out his full contract so  this could backfire badly for us.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#44 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:34 AM

Haha, and people wonder why Babs doesn't want to sign an extension.

Obviously getting sick of this bush league bulls*** management.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 01 May 2014 - 12:34 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#45 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

your mom goes to college

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

And y'all got on me for calling someone a clown. LOL. Pathetic people these days.

Honest question: Is english your second language, or do you have some sort of learning disability? Because if so I would feel just terrible about the opinion that I've formed of you.

#46 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

Haha, and people wonder why Babs doesn't want to sign an extension.

Obviously getting sick of this bush league bulls*** management.

If Babcock was sick of management he wouldn't have stuck around for a decade. He also wouldn't say he's willing to stick around on a year to year basis.

I think its also silly to think he's not PART of management. No decision is made on the roster without his input. 

Tootoo was the only person even considered for a buyout. If he isn't bought out, then the 2nd compliance buyout isn't used at all. 

If, hypothetically, Franzen did get bought out he would in all likelihood be one of, if not the best free agent forward in this years entire crop.

#47 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:56 AM

I honestly was and still hoping Franzen gets bought out. But after Holland's comments he will be here for awhile. In the mean time slide him down to the 3rd line and sign someone we can depend on to be a scoring threat every game. 

#48 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:45 AM

Honest question: Is english your second language, or do you have some sort of learning disability? Because if so I would feel just terrible about the opinion that I've formed of you.

Someone who cares about how someone types on a message board? Something that most people access via a smartphone or iPhone...well those of use that can AFFORD one.

So may I ask what is wrong with you? Failing at life to the point of where you take message boards seriously?

#49 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,395 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:46 AM

If Babcock was sick of management he wouldn't have stuck around for a decade. He also wouldn't say he's willing to stick around on a year to year basis.

I think its also silly to think he's not PART of management. No decision is made on the roster without his input. 

Tootoo was the only person even considered for a buyout. If he isn't bought out, then the 2nd compliance buyout isn't used at all. 

If, hypothetically, Franzen did get bought out he would in all likelihood be one of, if not the best free agent forward in this years entire crop.

I see absolutely no problem with the bolded part, maybe he needs/wants a change of scenery and the Wings could use the money to bring in defensive and offensive stogap help. Win-win for both

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#50 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

I see absolutely no problem with the bolded part, maybe he needs/wants a change of scenery and the Wings could use the money to bring in defensive and offensive stogap help. Win-win for both

I am still trying to figure out who we could get for Franzen's cap number that would be just as good if not better.  You know when Vanek signs with a team he is going to ask for $6 million a season at least.

If we are going to buy out Franzen, and put plugs into our team, I am sure that wouldn't go over well with the fanbase.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#51 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

I don't get what people expect from Franzen. He's a 60 pt guy and has a $3.95 Million cap hit. He's one of the best bargains in the league! Watch him live, instead of on TV, and you'll appreciate what he brings to the team.

FYI, he's not going to throw his weight around, he's had a history of concussion problems.

I am still trying to figure out who we could get for Franzen's cap number that would be just as good if not better.  You know when Vanek signs with a team he is going to ask for $6 million a season at least.

If we are going to buy out Franzen, and put plugs into our team, I am sure that wouldn't go over well with the fanbase.

Right, the Wings will have to pay someone else $6 Million or more for 60 pts

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#52 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

It is still 1.9 million dollars ownership would have to pay to a guy to not play in the NHL.

I get the frustration for Mule. I don't think he is nearly as bad as some make him out to be, however. In the end, the only issue with him is if the team is in a situation to depend on his scoring. If the top 6 is solidified, he is still a defensive forward who can put the puck in the net. As long as he plays responsible while he is cold, and we have plenty of other secondary scoring, having him around will be fine. I'd love to see him parking in front of the net on the pp. Back in 2008, doing that was what set him on fire scoring-wise to begin with. Maybe it is just a matter of going back to basics with him. Also a good way to have a role for him when his abilities do start to decline. If memory serves me right, he was more than adequate when it came to deflecting the puck in front of the net. 

Who does he play in place of then? Tootoo can't even crack the Griffins lineup. His only shot to play in the NHL is to play on a basement team who can use a guy like that to keep the fans entertained. Not a knock on Tootoo. I like the guy. There is just nowhere for him here.

They still have to pay him 1.4 million if they buy him out.

#53 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

Some of you clearly are not understanding that buying Franzen out would be one of the worst decisions a GM could make when they can easily TRADE him for picks or something else, c'mon folks think here....  At $3.95 million a year, Franzen is a steal, and he can easily be traded for his average 25 goals / 50 points a year (.31 GPM / .61 pts PG).  His concussion messed him up this year, but 41 pts in 54 games is pretty good for his paygrade.

Do the math yourselves, go to capgeek and see what's available in UFA for $4 million.  See how easily he can be traded for that price tag.  Buyout talk is just plain retarded and shows a complete lack of understanding the mechanics of contracts and team building.

http://www.capgeek.com/ufa-finder/

#54 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:44 AM

Watch him live, instead of on TV, and you'll appreciate what he brings to the team.

This makes absolutely no sense. What I see on TV from him is what I'd see "live", just from a less favorable angle.

#55 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

Because of Franzen's laziness, posters here have taken to name calling.  

:sleepy:   Thanks Kenny.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#56 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:48 PM

Franzen isn't getting bought out regardless. When are people going to realize that buying out Tootoo has nothing to do with Mule?

Also, Franzen is not this teams problem! He isn't out there costing the Wings games.

Like hell....Franzen's lazy as all hell pass in Game 5 directly cost them that game.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80, 01 May 2014 - 03:48 PM.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#57 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:10 PM

Like hell....Franzen's lazy as all hell pass in Game 5 directly cost them that game.

It ended up being a turnover but "lazy"? 

It was a hard saucer pass, that would have led to a breakaway or at worst a 2 on 1. Krug had to make a great play at the line to knock the puck down or Helm was gone.

Even Datsyuk, who was unquestionably our best player made worse passes in the series than that one.

#58 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:47 PM

Every player makes mistakes. Obviously some more noticeable than others. Datsyuk turned the puck over a few times in the series as well. Do we hate him now to? Face it. Hating on Mule is the hip thing to do right now. Cleary and Sammy haven't been playing, so there had to be someone else to blame for all the teams problems. Franzen worked hard in that series. But because he didn't score, he will be seen as lazy. There has been times in his career he has no doubt not worked hard. These playoffs were NOT one of them. 

#59 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:51 PM

Every player makes mistakes. Obviously some more noticeable than others. Datsyuk turned the puck over a few times in the series as well. Do we hate him now to? Face it. Hating on Mule is the hip thing to do right now. Cleary and Sammy haven't been playing, so there had to be someone else to blame for all the teams problems. Franzen worked hard in that series. But because he didn't score, he will be seen as lazy. There has been times in his career he has no doubt not worked hard. These playoffs were NOT one of them. 

Well I've hated Franzen since the beginning. I saw what he was all along.

#60 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Well I've hated Franzen since the beginning. I saw what he was all along.

A clown?  :ninja: