• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (5) New York Rangers vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

I would love to see an Original 6 final. I Lo e the resurgence of O6 teams the past few years. Great for hockey.

I just wish we could join them...

But I have a feeling Pittsburgh will prevail, as much as I want to count them out.

It could be a really bitter year for the Wings. There could be a Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago, LA final four...all teams who have won recently.

Remember when we were that good?

I think the Rangers are a better matchup for the Pens (from a Pens perspective) than Philly. When the Pens play Philly, there is the greater chance of a meltdown by the Pens. There is a bit of that with the Rangers as well, but not as much. They don't have Dubinsky or Callahan anymore, but they do have Carcillo.

Boooooooo. I haven't been watching because I'm the kiss of death for the teams I like this year, but maybe I'll start watching since they're losing anyway. It's the attitude I took with the Wings.

GO RAGS!

I caught a lot of yesterday's game, he looked head a shoulders above everyone else on the ice. That didn't translate to any points though.

From what I've read, the same couldn't be said for his earlier games thus far.

I find the nhl scheduling ridiculous. Rangers play back to back game 6 and 7 and then play back to back game 3 and 4, making it 3 games in 4 nights. I mean you could tell the Rangers, besides the King, were gassed last night. I find it halarious that the Penguins ALWAYS seem to get favourable scheduling like this. I remember in 2009 the stanley cup finals schedule was released and then when the Red Wings beat the Hawks, Lidstrom and Pav were injured. Lidstrom played in game 1 but Pav did not play until game 5. After the Wings beat the Hawks, the NHL adjusting the schedule to start the finals series a few days earlier, which CLEARLY benefited the Penguins. I still blame that for us not winning the cup that year.

I really hope the Rangers find their legs and come out flying tonight because they are a far better all around team then the Penguins and deserve to go on.

What's with people suggesting the Pens ALWAYS get the scheduling breaks? I don't get it. No facts or examples are provided to back it up of course, it's just stated as if it is a fact.

The facts are, teams that finish off their opponents quicker should get the breaks and do. If you play to 7 games, you should expect to have less rest than the other team.

If someone is truly interested in digging into the reasons why the PIT v NYR schedule is as it is....you will actually determine that is has everything to with scheduling around MSG and nothing really to do with PIT....or, we can just pretend it is because of PIT getting the favoritism, that might work better.

In terms of the example provided with DET and PIT in 2009, I don't get it. Again, PIT swept their opponent, DET took a bit longer, should get less rest (while DET actually only got 1 day less rest than PIT). There was 2 off days before the finals, why wait longer, that would make zero sense and would be very poor for the league (killing momentum, etc.). The biggest problem the NHL has as it gets later in the playoffs is that you start to have nights with no hockey....killer at this time of year. 2 days off with no hockey is an eternity.

The NHL scheduling can be irritating. What I'm getting really irritated is by the NHL bending over backwards for NBC. Holding off the start of a series so that game can be the main focus on a weekend or friday night.

What's with people suggesting the Pens ALWAYS get the scheduling breaks? I don't get it. No facts or examples are provided to back it up of course, it's just stated as if it is a fact.

The facts are, teams that finish off their opponents quicker should get the breaks and do. If you play to 7 games, you should expect to have less rest than the other team.

If someone is truly interested in digging into the reasons why the PIT v NYR schedule is as it is....you will actually determine that is has everything to with scheduling around MSG and nothing really to do with PIT....or, we can just pretend it is because of PIT getting the favoritism, that might work better.

In terms of the example provided with DET and PIT in 2009, I don't get it. Again, PIT swept their opponent, DET took a bit longer, should get less rest (while DET actually only got 1 day less rest than PIT). There was 2 off days before the finals, why wait longer, that would make zero sense and would be very poor for the league (killing momentum, etc.). The biggest problem the NHL has as it gets later in the playoffs is that you start to have nights with no hockey....killer at this time of year. 2 days off with no hockey is an eternity.

I just get annoyed when they have back to back games scheduled in the playoffs. If that's not job laziness I don't know what is.

something about the rangers and scoring..i bet you could put ovie on the NYR hed be a 20 goal scorer

Rangers just aren't built for playoff hockey and lack depth

As great as King and McDonagh are, Stepan has no winger and Nash so far has been a huge disappointment.

Game 4 sadly is now a highly recommended win for them.

Edited by frankgrimes

Man. The Rangers suck.

I think I just heard someone yell, "NASH, YOU BUM!" And then the Rangers scored just now. 3-2. Still in it.

Kunitz from Malkin, Rangers suck.

St. Louis has been bruuuutal.

Is it possible for a person to feel bad for Henrik "Perfect" Lundqvist? Cuz I kinda do.