• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (5) New York Rangers vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

Props to Bylsma, I guess. Putting Crosby, Malkin, and Kunitz together is basically saying your opponent has no depth and you know it.

Yes, the swagger seems to be back for the bad guys in black and gold. Slimy bastards.

Man we botched a great situation in the Metropolitan division. And boy oh boy, Rick Nash has turned into a bum. People are talking about Mike Richards being past his prime already, how about Nash? He's supposed to be dynamic, but he's been on the perimeter all playoffs. Can't get to the middle of the ice against the Pens?? Brutal.

It pains me to see the Pens win anything. I have a "friend" who acts like he cares about the Pens but claims hockey sucks. He's just a hater, but I want them to lose so bad so I can rub it in. Please don't let them into the conf finals much less the finals.

AAAHHHHHHHHH! real monsters

Anyway, the new playoff format sucks. Pitts should be playing Montreal right now.

These little hotdogs are on a cruise to the ECF.

It now becomes clear that realignment is a conspiracy designed to give the Pens an easy road to the conference finals every season and to soften up the Bruins and top Western teams for them. The Metropolitan Division is one big joke. Why else would they give it such a s***ty name?

Argh! I can't even finish my midnight snack. It tastes like...lies.

Man. The Rangers suck.

I think I just heard someone yell, "NASH, YOU BUM!" And then the Rangers scored just now. 3-2. Still in it.

Kunitz from Malkin, Rangers suck.

St. Louis has been bruuuutal.

Is it possible for a person to feel bad for Henrik "Perfect" Lundqvist? Cuz I kinda do.

I am just glad the Rangers are stuck with St. Louis. A few folks here were clamoring for the Wings to sign him, thank goodness that did not happen. he is softer than happy huddles.

Lol people say Howard can't "steal" a round... Odd, neither can king Henrik apparently

Henrik has been the only one showing he gives a damn. Stood on his head a lot during the series, but he can only do so much on his own when the team in front of him has already given up. He gave his team every chance to make a game out of it last night but they simply quit.

Henrik has been the only one showing he gives a damn. Stood on his head a lot during the series, but he can only do so much on his own when the team in front of him has already given up. He gave his team every chance to make a game out of it last night but they simply quit.

Funny. When you say the exact same about Howard it's just an excuse, and blah blah blah. When it's "king Henrik" it's valid. There's no difference. Either elite goalies win series all alone or they don't. It can't be both depending on who you like

Funny. When you say the exact same about Howard it's just an excuse, and blah blah blah. When it's "king Henrik" it's valid. There's no difference. Either elite goalies win series all alone or they don't. It can't be both depending on who you like

An elite goalie can't win a series when the team in front of them only scores 2 goals in 3 games. Elite or not, you can never expect a goalie to get a shutout every night. It is an unrealistic expectation. King Henrik is the most consistent goalie in the league. Has been for many years. If he had a team in front of him that could score some timely goals, they'd give their opponents fits. Sadly all the team in front of him does is quit.

Also, I don't make excuses for Howard. He had an off year. There is no debating that what so ever. I also don't see Howard as an elite goalie. A very good one? Yes. He is capable of stealing games when he is playing great. He is also capable of letting in back breaking stinkers from time to time, which is what makes him not elite.

An elite goalie can't win a series when the team in front of them only scores 2 goals in 3 games. Elite or not, you can never expect a goalie to get a shutout every night. It is an unrealistic expectation. King Henrik is the most consistent goalie in the league. Has been for many years. If he had a team in front of him that could score some timely goals, they'd give their opponents fits. Sadly all the team in front of him does is quit.

Also, I don't make excuses for Howard. He had an off year. There is no debating that what so ever. I also don't see Howard as an elite goalie. A very good one? Yes. He is capable of stealing games when he is playing great. He is also capable of letting in back breaking stinkers from time to time, which is what makes him not elite.

What is the difference between the rangers and the wings? 6 goals in 5 games or 2 in 3? The reality is Howard has had zero offensive support and defensive support all year. I never said Lindquist was bad (highly overrated though) just that you can't say one is good but not the other

What is the difference between the rangers and the wings? 6 goals in 5 games or 2 in 3? The reality is Howard has had zero offensive support and defensive support all year. I never said Lindquist was bad (highly overrated though) just that you can't say one is good but not the other

Hard to call the most consistent goalie of the last decade overrated.

I don;t deny the Wings had trouble scoring for most of the season. That's what happens when you have a revolving door of players coming in and out of the lineup all year. The team doesn't develop chemistry. Regardless of that, Howard hasn't been great this season. Far from it. Not a knock on him, he had an off year. The season before he was the teams MVP. The Wings were in no better shape in that season than they were this one. But when the team struggled, Howie stood on his head and won us some games. This season he did not. Howard is a good goalie. But he is no Lundqvist.

Once again, everything is falling into place for the Pens, like it seems to every year. I don't know if its luck or if its the talent level of the conference, but it seems like the Pens never have to play anyone good until the Conference Finals. The Flyers would have been a much tougher challenge for them, yet the Rangers won and couldn't look more pathetic in this round. I'm pulling for Boston in the other series because I think Montreal will be another Rangers for the Pens.

My guess is that the Pens might prefer to get Montreal, but they'd be no pushover at all. Didn't the Pens lose to them a couple years ago in the playoffs?

I agree with you that the Flyers would have given them a much better test, not because they are better than the Rangers, it is just that it isn't a great matchup for the Pens, while they have seemed to have little trouble with the Rangers. I think I saw a stat the other day that the Rangers have never beat the Pens in a playoff series (doesn't look like it will happen this year either).

My guess is that the Pens might prefer to get Montreal, but they'd be no pushover at all. Didn't the Pens lose to them a couple years ago in the playoffs?

I agree with you that the Flyers would have given them a much better test, not because they are better than the Rangers, it is just that it isn't a great matchup for the Pens, while they have seemed to have little trouble with the Rangers. I think I saw a stat the other day that the Rangers have never beat the Pens in a playoff series (doesn't look like it will happen this year either).

Yeah, 4 years ago they lost to the Habs and the red hot Halak. The Flyers had the Pens number this year, but teams that give the Pens problems in the regular season always seem to get knocked out before they play them. Boston and NJ both got knocked out in 2009 and I know they would have been more difficult than the Canes or Caps. Perhaps Montreal could be a tough opponent. Fleury didn't play well against either in the regular season. I was just saying the other day, in the 28 years I've been watching hockey, every playoff matchup between the Pens and Rangers has been decisively in the Pens favor. This appear to be no different.

Pens fans are terrified of the Flyers. For good reason.

Also, Lundqvist > Howard. It's true, though - the Rangers have looked like the Wings.

Yes Lundqvist is better. That wasn't my point, my point was people are so quick to jump down howies throat, but are so willing to make excuses for the "king". Howie had a bad year, yes, but nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be, you would think conks was back in net. My point was without any support as you are seeing, even the best goalies can't change the fact that your team can't score.

Yes Lundqvist is better. That wasn't my point, my point was people are so quick to jump down howies throat, but are so willing to make excuses for the "king". Howie had a bad year, yes, but nowhere near as bad as people made it out to be, you would think conks was back in net. My point was without any support as you are seeing, even the best goalies can't change the fact that your team can't score.

Lunquivst is light years better then Howard. Like it or not Howard has never gotten us past the 2nd round, even when we still had Lidstrom and Rafalski. Lunquivst has never had the teams in front of him that Howard has (NY's star players always disappear in the playoffs giving him no help). You look at this series against the Pens. Game 1 was all the King. Game 2 the Rangers lost 2-0 due to a late empty net goal, but the King played unreal and really deserved the win. Game 3 he played great again, but got zero goal support from his team again. Game 4 he was above average, but not as good as he can be. Tonight in game 5 he was simply fantastic. 5-1 is misleading in some ways because the King made several unreal saves at key times to keep his team ahead. Basically one thing I can safely say about the King is that he NEVER loses games for his team, whereas Howard does. Like it or not, Howard has had some AWFUL playoffs games where he has costed us. Remember both game 3's against the Sharks, Howard gave up awful goals and we lost both years. That is just one example I have. Yes Howard is not a bad goalie, but he is not close to the clutchness of Lunquivst. Howard or Lunquivst? I take the King every time.

Lunquivst is light years better then Howard. Like it or not Howard has never gotten us past the 2nd round, even when we still had Lidstrom and Rafalski. Lunquivst has never had the teams in front of him that Howard has (NY's star players always disappear in the playoffs giving him no help). You look at this series against the Pens. Game 1 was all the King. Game 2 the Rangers lost 2-0 due to a late empty net goal, but the King played unreal and really deserved the win. Game 3 he played great again, but got zero goal support from his team again. Game 4 he was above average, but not as good as he can be. Tonight in game 5 he was simply fantastic. 5-1 is misleading in some ways because the King made several unreal saves at key times to keep his team ahead. Basically one thing I can safely say about the King is that he NEVER loses games for his team, whereas Howard does. Like it or not, Howard has had some AWFUL playoffs games where he has costed us. Remember both game 3's against the Sharks, Howard gave up awful goals and we lost both years. That is just one example I have. Yes Howard is not a bad goalie, but he is not close to the clutchness of Lunquivst. Howard or Lunquivst? I take the King every time.

Yeah I remember, even the king has had a couple off years himself, and didn't get past the second round until 7 years in the league as a starter. And he has still only gotten beyond the second round once. Ya Howie had a couple years with lidstrom and a declining rafalski, and Stuart who clearly just wanted to get the he'll out by 2012, he's also had a team worse than the rags the last couple years too. You can't win when your team doesn't score. Howie has been good the last couple playoffs for us. Game 4 May have been a win if he wasn't sick.

Seriously comparing the King to Howard ? Quick, Rinne, Rask and the King are in a league of their own, then come guys like Price, Miller and between but Howard definately is not one of the top 10 goalies in the league.

He is good and can be outstanding, but he lacks consistency. The King is basically bailing the Rangers out every damn year, they wouldn't even make the playoffs without him.

Seriously comparing the King to Howard ? Quick, Rinne, Rask and the King are in a league of their own, then come guys like Price, Miller and between but Howard definately is not one of the top 10 goalies in the league.He is good and can be outstanding, but he lacks consistency. The King is basically bailing the Rangers out every damn year, they wouldn't even make the playoffs without him.

It's funny how it's perceived that way when it's the king. When it's Howard it's sorcery or something. Howard is better than Miller and technically going into the 2014/2015 he will be the 13th highest paid goalie so people can stop whining about his cap. I've already acknowledged several times lundqvist is better, my point is that he has done just as much as the rangers as Howie has done with the wings.