• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (5) New York Rangers vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

One thing that needs to be said: the Pens are no longer a bad defensive team. Quite the opposite. For this, I credit Jacques Martin and the fact that - seemingly unbeknownst to very many intelligent, informed hockey fans - their blue line has gone from somewhat thin to straight-up sick in the span of a season.

Letang

Maatta

Martin

Niskanen

Orpik

Scuderi

Pound for pound, that's one of the better back ends we've seen in the cap era. And I say that as someone who hates the Pens almost as much as I hated the Avs in the '90s.

One thing that needs to be said: the Pens are no longer a bad defensive team. Quite the opposite. For this, I credit Jacques Martin and the fact that - seemingly unbeknownst to very many intelligent, informed hockey fans - their blue line has gone from somewhat thin to straight-up sick in the span of a season.

Letang

Maatta

Martin

Niskanen

Orpik

Scuderi

Pound for pound, that's one of the better back ends we've seen in the cap era. And I say that as someone who hates the Pens almost as much as I hated the Avs in the '90s.

wait till next year... they can't afford that team, unless they sign a bunch of bums, they have 7 forwards, 5 dmen, and 2 goalies signed for next year at $55 million, with orpik and niskanin both upcoming ufa's. too much money tied up in 6 players

wait till next year... they can't afford that team, unless they sign a bunch of bums, they have 7 forwards, 5 dmen, and 2 goalies signed for next year at $55 million, with orpik and niskanin both upcoming ufa's. too much money tied up in 6 players

I dunno, I feel like we say this kind of thing about them every spring and then nothing ever really comes of it. They just keep trucking along, having their way with most of the Eastern Conference. Weren't we predicting their fiery demise, like, five years ago? That they'd only be able to keep, like, four good players and the rest of the team would have to be scrubs and they'd cease to be relevant? I don't worship at the shrine of Shero, but he's managing to ice to an elite team every season, and it's not all being done on the backs of Crosby and Malkin.

My impression is they're kind of building a "buy-in" culture like the Wings had and I guess still have. Penguins want to be Penguins, want to stay Penguins, and are willing to take hometown discounts to make it so. It's why I see Niskanen and Orpik re-signing. They could make a killing on the open market, but having Sidney Crosby as your BFF and the Conference Finals as a yearly ritual must be pretty nice. Plus, the Metro is a joke. Playing for the Penguins? A man could certainly do a lot worse. I guess.

That seems to be what Babcock is thinking (re: his comment about grass). Maybe he could turn the Leafs around and be treated like a God for the rest of his life. But then, look at what they did to the mighty Brendan Shanahan, NHL Disicpline Czar and Reformed Facepunching Power Forward. He thought extending Randy Carlyle was the right thing to do. Clearly they ate his brain and now he's one of them. A moron.

Mike Babcock knows better.

I dunno, I feel like we say this kind of thing about them every spring and then nothing ever really comes of it. They just keep trucking along, having their way with most of the Eastern Conference. Weren't we predicting their fiery demise, like, five years ago? That they'd only be able to keep, like, four good players and the rest of the team would have to be scrubs and they'd cease to be relevant? I don't worship at the shrine of Shero, but he's managing to ice to an elite team every season, and it's not all being done on the backs of Crosby and Malkin.

My impression is they're kind of building a "buy-in" culture like the Wings had and I guess still have. Penguins want to be Penguins, want to stay Penguins, and are willing to take hometown discounts to make it so. It's why I see Niskanen and Orpik re-signing. They could make a killing on the open market, but having Sidney Crosby as your BFF and the Conference Finals as a yearly ritual must be pretty nice. Plus, the Metro is a joke. Playing for the Penguins? A man could certainly do a lot worse. I guess.

That seems to be what Babcock is thinking (re: his comment about grass). Maybe he could turn the Leafs around and be treated like a God for the rest of his life. But then, look at what they did to the mighty Brendan Shanahan, NHL Disicpline Czar and Reformed Facepunching Power Forward. He thought extending Randy Carlyle was the right thing to do. Clearly they ate his brain and now he's one of them. A moron.

Mike Babcock knows better.

they have less than $15 million for 8 players... no way they retain niskanin AND Orpiks, unless they shed salary. If they want a 23 man roster they have $15 million for 9 guys

Is it just me or does it seem like the Rangers played the most Game 7's since 2009?

This is correct. The reason for that is because they rely so much on Lunquivst. Their superstar players never play up to what they should in the playoffs, such as Rick Nash. Therefore, there are scoring issues that they always have in the playoffs, and the King is not going to steal every game. So far, he has played a HUGE part in their 3 wins against the Pens. In the losses, the King lost 2-0 with one being an empty netter, and then 3-0 in New York (not much a goalie can do when his team doesn't score).

So they will pretty much always go to game 7's so that the King can steal the series.

So lundqvist gets a $5000 fine for squirting bettmans love child with water, and the golden boy gets nothing for spearing someone with a stick, makes sense

I'm sure Lundqvist doesn't care much, 5.000 $ for someone like him is nothing. Sid the kid gets away with a spear what else is new guy can do whatever he wants and will never get a fine.

Go king H and Rangers send the crybabies home!

So lundqvist gets a $5000 fine for squirting bettmans love child with water, and the golden boy gets nothing for spearing someone with a stick, makes sense

Apparently Crosby also slew footed someone too. Then he wonders why the fans of every other city chant "Crosby sucks" when he comes to town. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Crosby got nothing, but it'll all be a moot point if the Rangers win tonight.

Apparently Crosby also slew footed someone too. Then he wonders why the fans of every other city chant "Crosby sucks" when he comes to town. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Crosby got nothing, but it'll all be a moot point if the Rangers win tonight.

I highly doubt Lundy cares at all 5k for him is one less Armani suit per day he can easily afford it. Crosby and the pens are going to have a long summer to think about that stuff

We could be looking at an original 6 ecf this year

Guest DeGraa55

I highly doubt Lundy cares at all 5k for him is one less Armani suit per day he can easily afford it. Crosby and the pens are going to have a long summer to think about that stuffWe could be looking at an original 6 ecf this year

And finals if hawks make it.

So as a young fan I ask...when was the last time there was an original 6 MU in every round?

Edited by DeGraa55