• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

ECSF : (5) New York Rangers vs. (2) Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

The same is said around here for Ken Holland. At the wnd of the day, players gotta play. Crosby didnt show. Leaders gotta lead. Boy would i love to see boyle in a wings sweater.

You mean Babcock? Hard to compare GM's to coaches.

Babcock is more accomplished than Bylsma. He's won on multiple levels as a coach and has been to two Finals with two different teams.

Bylsma has never shown me anything to think of him as a great coach. His teams have underachieved every year in the playoffs, other than that Cup year.

Is it just me, or has Crosby become rather lazy defensively? He was never the greatest defensive player, but he seemed really bad tonight.

There were quite a few shifts he floated on the backcheck or went for a change when the puck was going the other way.

Haha, this is great.

The Pens just cemented their team of the last 5 years as a true non-dynasty, a "forgettable". Cidney is so non-clutch. Best hockey player ever? Rofl. Good bye Pens. I will remember your team as a similar version of the San Jose Sharks (which I also think it is incredibly hilarious they were up 3-0 and lost 3-4. It could only happen to the Sharks)

Love these playoffs so far

You mean Babcock? Hard to compare GM's to coaches.

Babcock is more accomplished than Bylsma. He's won on multiple levels as a coach and has been to two Finals with two different teams.

Bylsma has never shown me anything to think of him as a great coach. His teams have underachieved every year in the playoffs, other than that Cup year.

You can add in the olympics to that, team usa really underachieved under Bylsma.

The Pens are a joke. How do you win only one cup and collapse so frequently in the playoffs with that core of players? I hate to give Chicago credit for anything, but at least they continue to build incredible depth to support the high draft picks acquired from tanking.

I definitely want the Rangers to win it all now.

How nuts would an LA-NYC SCF be.

I wanted it a few years ago, but Jersey had to ruin it for everyone.

The Pens are a joke. How do you win only one cup and collapse so frequently in the playoffs with that core of players? I hate to give Chicago credit for anything, but at least they continue to build incredible depth to support the high draft picks acquired from tanking.

I definitely want the Rangers to win it all now.

I blame Bylsma and Fleury.

Crosby was underwhelming this year, but his playoff numbers since 2009 are still pretty damn good.

So happy the Penguins got knocked out. I cannot believe that team is having the troubles they do with all of that talent. ONE goal for Crosby in 13 playoff games, that's unacceptable. My whole mother's side of the family lives in New York and I've been there a million times. I was texting back and forth with my cousins. I really want to see a NY-Minnesota finals. Not because it would be the most exciting but I don't like any of other teams besides those two. God I hope the Wild can somehow knock off Chicago. I will cry if Chicago wins another cup.

Edited by SimonSin

I didn't see the game. What were the announcers saying when it was over?

The remainder of the season has now been cancelled. ;)

Seriously though, I can't believe they pulled this out. The Rangers couldn't even score a goal, let alone win multiple games. IMO, this is just as bad as a blown 3-0 lead because the Penguins had just as much control. I watched the last 7-8 minutes of the 3rd period and I couldn't believe they didn't tie it. It was like Pittsburgh was on a perpetual powerplay, mad scrambles in front of the net, everyone smacking into Lundqvist (no idea how goalie interference wasn't called), there was a stick laying in front of the crease that deflected a shot and nearly went in. Whenever Lundqvist got the puck they would push him into the net, as if that would count or something. The Pens looked really foolish and really desperate. Considering these players are in their prime and the East is so weak right now, its really mind boggling (and really fun) to see them go down in flames year after year.

Anyways, we should expect to see some big changes with the Pens this offseason, however, they need to sign like 9-10 players and only have $15.9 mil to do it with. It might not be the changes they were hoping for.

"The first-round pick is in the 2015 NHL Draft and the conditional second-round selection is in 2014. The second-round pick becomes a first-round pick if the Rangers reach the Eastern Conference Final this season. Also, if Callahan signs a contract with the Lightning, the Rangers would receive Tampa Bay's second-round pick in 2015 in exchange for New York's seventh-round choice in 2015."

so the St. Louis trade went pretty darn well for Stevie, he essentially turned a bad situation into 2 first round picks and an opportunity to negotiate with Callahan

Is it just me, or has Crosby become rather lazy defensively? He was never the greatest defensive player, but he seemed really bad tonight.

There were quite a few shifts he floated on the backcheck or went for a change when the puck was going the other way.

he looked scared at times IMO.

rangers played well though. I thought they deserved the W