• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#21 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

something about the rangers and scoring..i bet you could put ovie on the NYR hed be a 20 goal scorer

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:10 AM

something about the rangers and scoring..i bet you could put ovie on the NYR hed be a 20 goal scorer

Rangers just aren't built for playoff hockey and lack depth

As great as King and McDonagh are, Stepan has no winger and Nash so far has been a huge disappointment.
Game 4 sadly is now a highly recommended win for them.

Edited by frankgrimes, 06 May 2014 - 12:13 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#23 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,453 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

I guess it is a good thing that I don't have to watch the games on NBC

#24 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,609 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

Rick Nash...still MIA.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

Man. The Rangers suck.

I think I just heard someone yell, "NASH, YOU BUM!" And then the Rangers scored just now. 3-2. Still in it.

Kunitz from Malkin, Rangers suck.

St. Louis has been bruuuutal.

Is it possible for a person to feel bad for Henrik "Perfect" Lundqvist? Cuz I kinda do.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:58 PM

I must say, our fans are way better than Ranger fans. at least we keep our bitching about players on the internet  :lol:

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:11 PM

They look like a team that's missing their heart-and-soul captain. *cough*

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

Props to Bylsma, I guess. Putting Crosby, Malkin, and Kunitz together is basically saying your opponent has no depth and you know it.

Yes, the swagger seems to be back for the bad guys in black and gold. Slimy bastards.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:50 PM

Man we botched a great situation in the Metropolitan division. And boy oh boy, Rick Nash has turned into a bum. People are talking about Mike Richards being past his prime already, how about Nash? He's supposed to be dynamic, but he's been on the perimeter all playoffs. Can't get to the middle of the ice against the Pens?? Brutal.

#NOMOREKINDL

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Lol people say Howard can't "steal" a round... Odd, neither can king Henrik apparently

#31 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

It pains me to see the Pens win anything.  I have a "friend" who acts like he cares about the Pens but claims hockey sucks.  He's just a hater, but I want them to lose so bad so I can rub it in.  Please don't let them into the conf finals much less the finals. 

AAAHHHHHHHHH!  real monsters

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#32 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

Raise your hand if you expected anything more than what the Rangers have brought. 

I sure didn’t.

Anyway, the new playoff format sucks. Pitts should be playing Montreal right now.

These little hotdogs are on a cruise to the ECF.  

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#33 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:49 PM

Anyway, the new playoff format sucks. Pitts should be playing Montreal right now.

These little hotdogs are on a cruise to the ECF.

It now becomes clear that realignment is a conspiracy designed to give the Pens an easy road to the conference finals every season and to soften up the Bruins and top Western teams for them. The Metropolitan Division is one big joke. Why else would they give it such a s***ty name?

Argh! I can't even finish my midnight snack. It tastes like...lies.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#34 1980s24

1980s24

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Man. The Rangers suck.

I think I just heard someone yell, "NASH, YOU BUM!" And then the Rangers scored just now. 3-2. Still in it.

Kunitz from Malkin, Rangers suck.

St. Louis has been bruuuutal.

Is it possible for a person to feel bad for Henrik "Perfect" Lundqvist? Cuz I kinda do.

I am just glad the Rangers are stuck with St. Louis. A few folks here were clamoring for the Wings to sign him, thank goodness that did not happen. he is softer than happy huddles.

#35 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:25 PM

Who cares, the Habs are going to roll right over the Pens

#36 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 06:46 AM

Lol people say Howard can't "steal" a round... Odd, neither can king Henrik apparently

Henrik has been the only one showing he gives a damn. Stood on his head a lot during the series, but he can only do so much on his own when the team in front of him has already given up. He gave his team every chance to make a game out of it last night but they simply quit. 

#37 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Henrik has been the only one showing he gives a damn. Stood on his head a lot during the series, but he can only do so much on his own when the team in front of him has already given up. He gave his team every chance to make a game out of it last night but they simply quit. 

Funny. When you say the exact same about Howard it's just an excuse, and blah blah blah. When it's "king Henrik" it's valid. There's no difference. Either elite goalies win series all alone or they don't. It can't be both depending on who you like

#38 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

Funny. When you say the exact same about Howard it's just an excuse, and blah blah blah. When it's "king Henrik" it's valid. There's no difference. Either elite goalies win series all alone or they don't. It can't be both depending on who you like

An elite goalie can't win a series when the team in front of them only scores 2 goals in 3 games. Elite or not, you can never expect a goalie to get a shutout every night. It is an unrealistic expectation. King Henrik is the most consistent goalie in the league. Has been for many years. If he had a team in front of him that could score some timely goals, they'd give their opponents fits. Sadly all the team in front of him does is quit.

Also, I don't make excuses for Howard. He had an off year. There is no debating that what so ever. I also don't see Howard as an elite goalie. A very good one? Yes. He is capable of stealing games when he is playing great. He is also capable of letting in back breaking stinkers from time to time, which is what makes him not elite. 

#39 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

An elite goalie can't win a series when the team in front of them only scores 2 goals in 3 games. Elite or not, you can never expect a goalie to get a shutout every night. It is an unrealistic expectation. King Henrik is the most consistent goalie in the league. Has been for many years. If he had a team in front of him that could score some timely goals, they'd give their opponents fits. Sadly all the team in front of him does is quit.

Also, I don't make excuses for Howard. He had an off year. There is no debating that what so ever. I also don't see Howard as an elite goalie. A very good one? Yes. He is capable of stealing games when he is playing great. He is also capable of letting in back breaking stinkers from time to time, which is what makes him not elite. 

What is the difference between the rangers and the wings? 6 goals in 5 games or 2 in 3? The reality is Howard has had zero offensive support and defensive support all year. I never said Lindquist was bad (highly overrated though) just that you can't say one is good but not the other

#40 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 07:56 AM

What is the difference between the rangers and the wings? 6 goals in 5 games or 2 in 3? The reality is Howard has had zero offensive support and defensive support all year. I never said Lindquist was bad (highly overrated though) just that you can't say one is good but not the other

Hard to call the most consistent goalie of the last decade overrated. 

I don;t deny the Wings had trouble scoring for most of the season. That's what happens when you have a revolving door of players coming in and out of the lineup all year. The team doesn't develop chemistry. Regardless of that, Howard hasn't been great this season. Far from it. Not a knock on him, he had an off year. The season before he was the teams MVP. The Wings were in no better shape in that season than they were this one. But when the team struggled, Howie stood on his head and won us some games. This season he did not. Howard is a good goalie. But he is no Lundqvist.