• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#101 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

The same is said around here for Ken Holland. At the wnd of the day, players gotta play. Crosby didnt show. Leaders gotta lead. Boy would i love to see boyle in a wings sweater.

You mean Babcock?  Hard to compare GM's to coaches.

Babcock is more accomplished than Bylsma.  He's won on multiple levels as a coach and has been to two Finals with two different teams.  

Bylsma has never shown me anything to think of him as a great coach.  His teams have underachieved every year in the playoffs, other than that Cup year. 

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#102 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Is it just me, or has Crosby become rather lazy defensively? He was never the greatest defensive player, but he seemed really bad tonight.

There were quite a few shifts he floated on the backcheck or went for a change when the puck was going the other way.

#103 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Haha, this is great.

The Pens just cemented their team of the last 5 years as a true non-dynasty, a "forgettable".  Cidney is so non-clutch.  Best hockey player ever?  Rofl.  Good bye Pens.  I will remember your team as a similar version of the San Jose Sharks (which I also think it is incredibly hilarious they were up 3-0 and lost 3-4.  It could only happen to the Sharks)

Love these playoffs so far

#104 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Two words: f*****' right.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#105 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

You mean Babcock?  Hard to compare GM's to coaches.

Babcock is more accomplished than Bylsma.  He's won on multiple levels as a coach and has been to two Finals with two different teams.  

Bylsma has never shown me anything to think of him as a great coach.  His teams have underachieved every year in the playoffs, other than that Cup year. 

You can add in the olympics to that, team usa really underachieved under Bylsma.

#106 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,818 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Nanananana hey hey goodbye

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#107 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I think teams have simply figured out how to deal with Crosby. It's all about the fourth line.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#108 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

And Pens simply lack a goalie who can play consistent during playoffs.. Fleury somehow doesn't.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#109 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:03 PM

The Pens are a joke. How do you win only one cup and collapse so frequently in the playoffs with that core of players? I hate to give Chicago credit for anything, but at least they continue to build incredible depth to support the high draft picks acquired from tanking.

I definitely want the Rangers to win it all now.
  • Nev likes this

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#110 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

How nuts would an LA-NYC SCF be.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#111 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

HAHA CRYSBY!!!!! 

#112 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:15 PM

I didn't see the game. What were the announcers saying when it was over?
mccarty3

#113 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,709 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

How nuts would an LA-NYC SCF be.

I wanted it a few years ago, but Jersey had to ruin it for everyone.  

The Pens are a joke. How do you win only one cup and collapse so frequently in the playoffs with that core of players? I hate to give Chicago credit for anything, but at least they continue to build incredible depth to support the high draft picks acquired from tanking.

I definitely want the Rangers to win it all now.

I blame Bylsma and Fleury.  

Crosby was underwhelming this year, but his playoff numbers since 2009 are still pretty damn good.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#114 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

KZva8g5.jpg

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#115 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

So happy the Penguins got knocked out. I cannot believe that team is having the troubles they do with all of that talent. ONE goal for Crosby in 13 playoff games, that's unacceptable. My whole mother's side of the family lives in New York and I've been there a million times. I was texting back and forth with my cousins. I really want to see a NY-Minnesota finals. Not because it would be the most exciting but I don't like any of other teams besides those two. God I hope the Wild can somehow knock off Chicago. I will cry if Chicago wins another cup.

Edited by SimonSin, 13 May 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#116 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

Well piss. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#117 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,167 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Wow, I needed a cigarette after that series-ending, Penguin-punting game it was so good.  Not the game itself, just the result.  Mad props to NY for pulling themselves out of a down 3-1 cellar.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#118 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

I didn't see the game. What were the announcers saying when it was over?

The remainder of the season has now been cancelled.   ;)

Seriously though, I can't believe they pulled this out.  The Rangers couldn't even score a goal, let alone win multiple games.  IMO, this is just as bad as a blown 3-0 lead because the Penguins had just as much control.  I watched the last 7-8 minutes of the 3rd period and I couldn't believe they didn't tie it.  It was like Pittsburgh was on a perpetual powerplay, mad scrambles in front of the net, everyone smacking into Lundqvist (no idea how goalie interference wasn't called), there was a stick laying in front of the crease that deflected a shot and nearly went in.  Whenever Lundqvist got the puck they would push him into the net, as if that would count or something.  The Pens looked really foolish and really desperate.  Considering these players are in their prime and the East is so weak right now, its really mind boggling (and really fun) to see them go down in flames year after year.  

Anyways, we should expect to see some big changes with the Pens this offseason, however, they need to sign like 9-10 players and only have $15.9 mil to do it with. It might not be the changes they were hoping for.

#119 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:23 AM

"The first-round pick is in the 2015 NHL Draft and the conditional second-round selection is in 2014. The second-round pick becomes a first-round pick if the Rangers reach the Eastern Conference Final this season. Also, if Callahan signs a contract with the Lightning, the Rangers would receive Tampa Bay's second-round pick in 2015 in exchange for New York's seventh-round choice in 2015."

so the St. Louis trade went pretty darn well for Stevie, he essentially turned a bad situation into 2 first round picks and an opportunity to negotiate with Callahan

#120 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hmmm, this pretty much sums up exactly how I feel right now...

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."