• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF : (7) Minnesota vs. (5) Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

I meant that their team is so skilled (like ours used to be) and it really showed in the third period. Or, at least, Patrick Kane and Ben Smith really showed. Ridiculous top-shelf backhand snipe by Kane, then a ridiculous redirect pass from Smith to Kane.

It's awesome, and it sucks. The Wild were absolutely in that game, and they earned the tied score the right way - a garbage goal and a sweet setup, both born of great sustained pressure in the o-zone. But then you have a guy like Kane who can just pull a gorgeous goal out of his ass.

It's kind of disappointing, Hawks had their toughest challenge in the first round, now Minnesota just can't keep up, regardless of how well they seem to play. Hawks are just that good, flying high on confidence. I'm still rooting against them though, would hate them to be the first back-to-back since the Wings.

Guest DeGraa55

Na this is tank to win the so called "Penguins model"

Because Detroit didn't tank in the dead wings era to get Stevie y.....people these days LOL.

Because Detroit didn't tank in the dead wings era to get Stevie y.....people these days LOL.

Detroit and Pittsburgh both sucked in the 1980s. Yzerman went to Detroit, Lemieux to Pittsburgh. That’s a wash. Even. Both teams did well.

Except the Red Wings continued to do well while Pittsburgh took a nice long s*** bath for 10 years. They tanked so bad they were able to draft Crosby and Malkin. The Wings never had that benefit.

Since we’re being all cute and retro: how about the fact that the Wing’s 10th overall pick in 1991(Lapointe) hasn’t been improved upon since then. We draft 15th or 16th this year.

How.many.top.10.picks.have.Pitts.had.since.1991.?.

Guest DeGraa55

Detroit and Pittsburgh both sucked in the 1980s. Yzerman went to Detroit, Lemieux to Pittsburgh. Thats a wash. Even. Both teams did well.

Except the Red Wings continued to do well while Pittsburgh took a nice long s*** bath for 10 years. They tanked so bad they were able to draft Crosby and Malkin. The Wings never had that benefit.

Since were being all cute and retro: how about the fact that the Wings 10th overall pick in 1991(Lapointe) hasnt been improved upon since then. We draft 15th or 16th this year.

How.many.top.10.picks.have.Pitts.had.since.1991.?.

I know what you're saying. But too many people act like Detroit NEVER tanked and NEVER had a high draft pick.

That's how we first got good yes. Our superior scouting allowed us to maintain it. But don't kid yourself the tanking came first. As well as our scouting advantage is about out the window.

Edited by DeGraa55

I know what you're saying. But too many people act like Detroit NEVER tanked and NEVER had a high draft pick.

That's how we first got good yes. Our superior scouting allowed us to maintain it. But don't kid yourself the tanking came first. As well as our scouting advantage is about out the window.

I don’t think any intelligent Wings fans actually thinks this.

But there are Wings fans that, angrily, will denounce Holland and covet Pittsburgh’s management. Those people need to be reminded of the circumstances that lead to Shero’s current success as a GM.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest DeGraa55

I dont think any intelligent Wings fans actually thinks this.

But there are Wings fans that, angrily, will denounce Holland and covet Pittsburghs management. Those people need to be reminded of the circumstances that lead to Sheros current success as a GM.

Hmm I don't think I've seen anyone here covet pittsburghs management but I could be wrong.

Na this is tank to win the so called "Penguins model"

Did the Wings tank for years? No they didn't sure every gets a high pick once in a while but Pittsburgh got the nest player in the world followed by another superstar then Fleury, Staal Jordan

Burke said it best the Pittsburgh, Hawks model ie being bad for an extended amount of time and draft superstars. So exactly what teams like Buffalo are doing now to get make McDavid and I don't blame them he will be the next superstar but if they are still bad in 3 years yeah then Pittsburgh model all over.

Anyway sadly the Wild have no chance this matchup sucks for them

I just want to light an effing turd on fire and throw it directly at Jonathan Toews. While it would probably not change his "I constantly smell a swamp fart" facial expression, it would be highly cathartic for yours truly.

Can't believe that hook by Keith wasn't a penalty shot, oh wait, yes I can.

Duncan Keith once saved a little orphan girl from a burning apartment building using only his chin and a pack of smokes and the National Guard.

You're a girl. Girls don't poop. Therefore, this statement is impossible.. or is it?

/mind blown

I just want to light an effing turd on fire and throw it directly at Jonathan Toews. While it would probably not change his "I constantly smell a swamp fart" facial expression, it would be highly cathartic for yours truly.

edit: wait.. you never said 'light YOUR turd'..

Edited by FireCaptain

Duncan Keith once saved a little orphan girl from a burning apartment building using only his chin and a pack of smokes and the National Guard.

Also, while demanding the girl's mother get back in the kitchen where she belongs and make some sandwiches.