• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

scenario: if McLellan gets fired, bring him back as PP coach ?

Rate this topic

McLellan  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest DeGraa55

I wouldn't be surprised to see him fires but if he is I think he will get a head coachin gig somewhere.

But to answer the question....yes I would take him back.

Edited by DeGraa55

I wouldn't be surprised to see him fires but if he is I think he will get a head coachin gig somewhere.

But to answer the question....yes I would take him back.

I agree. He'll be looking for a bench boss job. Would be nice, but I don't see it happening.

Yeah. Our problems started when he left. It'd be nice to have a talented offense coach again, but he's not going to move backward. He'll be head coach somewhere. Remember how people praised him for years? If he's fores it'll be because San Jose wants a fresh start, not because he's bad.

What does he have left on his contract?

He could get a new job right away but if he is being paid to stay home he might enjoy the time off and use it to regroup/study the game a little. Older guys tend to do that more than younger guys and hes pretty young for a coach. He would probably get multiple offers if he was let go though.

Pretty sure our PP problems have a lot more to do with the retirements of one Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Holmstrom than McLellan. I find it hard to believe that Todd McLellan is simply that much smarter at organizing a PP system than Renney.

People blaming Renney need to remember that he didn't build this s*** team. Holland and Babcock are more responsible for it than him.

I remember people here always blaming McCrimmon when the defense struggled and everyone wanted him fired. It's silly blaming Renney, imo. The assistants coaches are just that...... assistant coaches.

Havent had good special teams since Mclellan left. Doubt he returns to his old job.

Mclelland had a prime Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski and Holmstrom. Probably a few others I've missed. I won't give him credit for the Wings having a good powerplay. Renney would be just as good with that powerplay.

People blaming Renney need to remember that he didn't build this s*** team. Holland and Babcock are more responsible for it than him.

I remember people here always blaming McCrimmon when the defense struggled and everyone wanted him fired. It's silly blaming Renney, imo. The assistants coaches are just that...... assistant coaches.

Mclelland had a prime Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski and Holmstrom. Probably a few others I've missed. I won't give him credit for the Wings having a good powerplay. Renney would be just as good with that powerplay.

The PP sucked while Lidstrom was still here. The problems really did start as soon as McClellan left. Sure, NOW we can see why it sucks but it started sucking way before then. I've got to think it's Renney because the PP isn't structured for the benefit of the current crop of players, and it's too rigid and predictable, which goes back to the coach.

And yes, McCrimmon was a terrible defensive coach, too.

The PP sucked while Lidstrom was still here. The problems really did start as soon as McClellan left. Sure, NOW we can see why it sucks but it started sucking way before then. I've got to think it's Renney because the PP isn't structured for the benefit of the current crop of players, and it's too rigid and predictable, which goes back to the coach.

And yes, McCrimmon was a terrible defensive coach, too.

It started to suck because Lidstrom and Homer were past their primes during their final season in Detroit. Rafalski was already gone from what I remember. Homer's drop off occurred a few years before that. That's what Renney walked into and what McLelland never had to deal with.

Pretty sure our PP problems have a lot more to do with the retirements of one Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Holmstrom than McLellan. I find it hard to believe that Todd McLellan is simply that much smarter at organizing a PP system than Renney.

Exactly. The PP stunk at the best of times this year. But in games 4 and 5 I thought they looked really good, were generating some dangerous chances once Z and Pavel were both in the lineup. I doubt having Renney back there was the cause of our decline.

I would love for him to come back to Detroit. But once your a head coach you wanna try to keep being a head coach. Not sure he would want to take a step back and be an assistant. I'll Support him wherever he lands, hes one of my favorite coaches. What he helped us do in 2008 was awesome.

No he isn't coming back. Also the issues we have are not do to coaching, those are do to lack of talent. Coaches only work with what they are given.

BTW, how about that melt down by nemmi. You know one of those "great" goalies that is supposed to be better than Howard...... I could have sworn that half of this board believes that great goalies never have bad runs or playoffs.......

Definitely seems off the table now.

“I am very disappointed in the way our team finished the 2013-14 season. Gaining a 3-0 series advantage and being unable to advance is a major blow to our organization and fan base. Our teams have been consistently built to go deep into the playoffs and this goal won’t change.

“Doug Wilson and I have met over the past two weeks. He has shared his support of the coaching staff, as well as his recommended changes to our team’s roster, and he has my complete support moving forward.

“I want to thank our extremely loyal fans and partners for their continued support and to let them know that we are not satisfied with the status quo of the last several seasons.

“I am confident that with the proposed changes, Doug and his staff will build a team we can all be proud of.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/14/sharks-owner-very-disappointed-but-mclellans-job-is-safe/