• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Holland Holding on to Jeff Blashill

Rate this topic

Ive been saying since last year to bring up Blashill. He has a very impressive resume he's won every championship of the league he's coached in, knows how to use kids, even spent time as assistant in NHL so he knows what to do.

Babcock's time is over, his system doesn't work here anymore, time for some new blood and energy. Blashill knows these kids, he's doing very well with them.

Ive been saying since last year to bring up Blashill. He has a very impressive resume he's won every championship of the league he's coached in, knows how to use kids, even spent time as assistant in NHL so he knows what to do.

Babcock's time is over, his system doesn't work here anymore, time for some new blood and energy. Blashill knows these kids, he's doing very well with them.

Isn't Blashill's system the same as Babcock's? i keep hearing about how the transition for Nyqvist, Sheahan, Jurco, etc is so smooth partially because the system in place in GR is an emulation of the Red Wings.

If Babcock does decide to retire or move on, I would prefer Blashill take over though. He is familiar with what it takes to be successful at every level, and is already well acquainted with the Red Wings' organization, how things are run, personelle, etc.

Babcocks system is fine it's the same own that won gold for Canada twice. Blash is very much like Babcock. I say we run NHL with Babs and AHL with Blash for a little more.

Babs already said even if he's not head coach he's staying in the D. He's made a home here. His daughters a senior in HS.

Babcocks system is fine it's the same own that won gold for Canada twice. Blash is very much like Babcock. I say we run NHL with Babs and AHL with Blash for a little more.

Babs already said even if he's not head coach he's staying in the D. He's made a home here. His daughters a senior in HS.

LOL. I could have won Gold with Canada.

No, an overabundance of talent did that.

Not to discount coaching but when the deck is stacked as well as it was.. coaching becomes less important.

I'm glad we are holding onto our organizational talent. Its time we stopped feeding other teams with great talent from the coaching staff up to the front office. The main lag that happened for us was that Holland never stepped down when he said he would (when lids retired) and we ended up losing Nill and a bunch of staff to Dallas. We need to hold onto Blashill - babs has been here for so long its almost time and we need an option to replace him when the time comes. Don't want to end up with torts.

Guest Playmaker

What did he win at Western Michigan?

I'm glad we are holding onto our organizational talent. Its time we stopped feeding other teams with great talent from the coaching staff up to the front office. The main lag that happened for us was that Holland never stepped down when he said he would (when lids retired) and we ended up losing Nill and a bunch of staff to Dallas. We need to hold onto Blashill - babs has been here for so long its almost time and we need an option to replace him when the time comes. Don't want to end up with torts.

Pretty sure when he said that it was said sarcastically. I don't think most took it as a career declaration.

Would have coached this team into the playoffs too ?

Honestly NON COACHES can't coach and especially at the elite level. People - including me - were laughing at Canada playing without hockey gear but the players took advantage of it. The only thing I would bet my house on:

IF Babcock someday decides it's time to move on he will be the shortest unemployed coach ever.

Whoa, sit back in your arm chair and realize this /\ is a huge load of crap! Look at Dave Lewis... you think he thought he could win a Cup with Scotty's team? and did he? Nope, he failed miserably with basically the same team. Great players don't equal success if you can't get the most out of them or dont use them properly.

If we don't have Babcock behind the bench this season we don't make the playoffs for the 23rd straight year. Babcock isn't going anywhere and rightfully so. Babcock retires a Red Wing!

No, an overabundance of talent did that.

Not to discount coaching but when the deck is stacked as well as it was.. coaching becomes less important.

Here too... BUll Crap! For the same reasons in my previous post!

Pretty clear that Blashill is our next coach. Just thinking out load a second...... how much is a HC worth in trade? Babs to Tor for.........

I don't think coaches can be traded under the current CBA.

Guest DeGraa55

I don't think coaches can be traded under the current CBA.

If not that's kind of stupid IMO. They're under contract just like players.

But yea Babcock won't be traded. It's proven holland has attachment issues. That's why no "key" player will be traded.

If not that's kind of stupid IMO. They're under contract just like players.

But yea Babcock won't be traded. It's proven holland has attachment issues. That's why no "key" player will be traded.

It is stupid, coaches more than players need the security and players - like everyone else - need time to adjust to different systems/coaches. Trading coaches would be an absolute nightmare.

It is stupid, coaches more than players need the security and players - like everyone else - need time to adjust to different systems/coaches. Trading coaches would be an absolute nightmare.

If and it is a big one, this is babs last year, does 1 more season really change anything?

Babcock has said before that 10 years is about the max a coach can be effective in one place. Given his statements about not signing an extension, unless they're just bluster to get a better deal, and the fact that they won't let other teams talk to Blashill lead me to believe that there's a good chance Babcock steps down after next season and Blashill takes over. Beyond that, to me it makes sense to bring in a coach who is going to have direct experience coaching most of the guys who will be the long term core of the team going forward, as well as knowing the vets from training camps.

In this article by Dave Feschuk in today's Toronto Star, he suggests that Toronto should make a strong push to fire Randy Carlyle hire Mr. Babcock.

I think Dave Feschuk may be hanging out with Rob Ford a little too much. Babcock isn't going anywhere. LOL.... the article speculates Babcock isn't happy, that the Datsyuk and Zetterberg era window has closed and he is waiting to see what upgrades, if any, are made if any this off season before he makes his decision. Makes me laugh because we can ice the same banged up s*** and still be more of a competitor then The Leafs. Team with the greatest ownership/management and culture + a bright future, rich history and 23 straight years of play off experience vs. the team that has done nothing since 1967 except suck and choke (Just like their current mayor :D), comes with the most pressure on a HC and Team, has horrible ownership/management (Maybe Shanny will eventually change this). I think if Babcock makes a Pro's and Con's list the ONLY Pro would be the money they will spend on him. Keep dreaming leafers... Toronto is the laughing stock of Canada

Edited by The Secret

doesn't seem like babs is going anywhere unless he is let go

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140501/SPORTS0103/305010122/0/sports0103/Mike-Babcock-coaching-Red-Wings-like-here-lot-

I like it here a lot," Babcock said. "We have a lot of kids coming. We're going in the right direction. We have a new building coming. I enjoy our general manager (Ken Holland), he's competitive and wants to be good. He's not comfortable with what has been going on of late.

What isn't Holland comfortable with? Need something more concrete LOL

That's like opening a fortune cookie that states "go out and meet new people, it will enrich your spirit"