Photo
- - - - -

Florida willing to trade first overall pick.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

http://www.torontosu...g-first-pick-gm

So I can't believe I'm thinking this and gonna say it but Florida has a lot of trouble getting seats and they got luongo to get the crowds back at the games

Ummm what if we offered the best goal scorer in the league for 2 months nyquist in a package ?

We could be making a brutal mistake or we could be taking advantage of his production during those months ?

Nyquist - hottest goal scorer .... Pulkkinen 30+goals in ahl rookie season ... Kindl and Andersson for the first?

Probably not enough but just makin a suggestion .... We could then draft ekblad or reinhart and possibly play mantha this season

I personally think this is all talk and Florida won't make a trade but I'm just throwing this out there for fun

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 02 May 2014 - 05:15 PM.

#2 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

This would probably be a good enough deal... and I wouldnt do it

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,304 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

http://www.torontosu...g-first-pick-gm

So I can't believe I'm thinking this and gonna say it but Florida has a lot of trouble getting seats and they got luongo to get the crowds back at the games

Ummm what if we offered the best goal scorer in the league for 2 months nyquist in a package ?

We could be making a brutal mistake or we could be taking advantage of his production during those months ?

Nyquist - hottest goal scorer .... Pulkkinen 30+goals in ahl rookie season ... Kindl and Andersson for the first?

Probably not enough but just makin a suggestion .... We could then draft ekblad or reinhart and possibly play mantha this season

I personally think this is all talk and Florida won't make a trade but I'm just throwing this out there for fun

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no real superstar players in this year's draft, so I don't think I would like that trade at all.

#4 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

Unless I'm mistaken, there's no real superstar players in this year's draft, so I don't think I would like that trade at all.

Ekblad will be a good defenceman...but most likely not the caliber of the past few years

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#5 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:21 PM

You know the Oiler want Ekblad. Possibly a Yakupov deal? or has he been too bad this year so that FLA wouldn't want him?

#6 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

There is a reason why they are willing to trade that pick: it isn't the strongest draft. Unless it is a player that a team can be built around, I'd have to say pass. Only way Holland should look into this is if all he has to give up is prospects/picks. 

#7 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

You know the Oiler want Ekblad. Possibly a Yakupov deal? or has he been too bad this year so that FLA wouldn't want him?

Ya if I'm Edmonton I gotta try and make that deal and add ekblad with nurse

#8 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

Ekblad gets compared to Weber and this is just Gallon playing mind games with the Oilers and Sabres. They have problems because not enough people there care for hockey, the team sucks and the taxpayers are sick of paying for that team. Anyway if I'm Mactavish I'd send them yakupov and my first round pick in a take it or leave it deal.

Edited by frankgrimes, 02 May 2014 - 10:53 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#9 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

Was it just me or did Ekblad have a weak showing at the juniors this winter? I didn't really see him dominate or eat minutes the way I expected. But that could be said for all of team Canada.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:17 PM

Would they consider taking Weiss back?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

Would they consider taking Weiss back?

Probably not in the same conversation including the 1st overall as part of a package. I could see them taking him back in some small deal with no connection to the 1st overall pick. 

#12 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:41 PM

Was it just me or did Ekblad have a weak showing at the juniors this winter? I didn't really see him dominate or eat minutes the way I expected. But that could be said for all of team Canada.

team Canada as a whole had a bad tournament. Still Ekblad was noticeable especially with those first passes.... Don't know how big he is but he sees the ice very well.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#13 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

team Canada as a whole had a bad tournament. Still Ekblad was noticeable especially with those first passes.... Don't know how big he is but he sees the ice very well.

He looks much more mature than an 18 year old. I think his physical maturity is ahead of others in the draft but in all likelihood others could develop into similar players with a bit of time. 

#14 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

Except for our guy Mantha. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#15 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:53 AM

Ekblad did well in juniors. I'd be happy to trade Nyquist for the first pick. Florida would make a huge mistake to trade for Yakupov, he is poison.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#16 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

Ekblad did well in juniors. I'd be happy to trade Nyquist for the first pick. Florida would make a huge mistake to trade for Yakupov, he is poison.

Agreed I think team Canada with all their talent level did not play that well but Ekblad was almost mistake free.

If Florida accepts Yakupov + Edm 3rd that's a steal for Edmonton, Yakupov is poison and has KHL written all over him.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#17 matemate

matemate

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

trade tatar, sheahan and legwand.

zetterberg - datsyuk - draitsetl

#18 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

I would be in favour of trading for Ekblad, contrary to what's been said here he was Canada's best defenseman at WJC even though he was (I think) the youngest

Dale Tallon is the type of GM who would bite on Franzen, Weiss is another option, it's clear they want roster players and not prospects, look at their prospect pool.. they clearly don't need the first

Don't think it'll happen though, I could see a team like Toronto making a move because they have a nice draft pick to give in return as well as players like Kadri who have been mentioned in trades

#19 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:49 PM

Weiss, Tootoo, and Sammy PLUS a truckload of plastic rats.

That should get it done.

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#20 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

There is a reason why they are willing to trade that pick: it isn't the strongest draft. Unless it is a player that a team can be built around, I'd have to say pass. Only way Holland should look into this is if all he has to give up is prospects/picks. 

On the other hand, this would be a first overall. Given that we're never coming close to the top eight, and that our scouting and drafting and prospect development are second to none, I think it's absolutely worth considering, even if it means we lose a young gun or two. I love Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, and Jurco, but not one of them is truly untouchable.

We need a stud center in the pipeline, so, without thinking too hard about it, I'd probably pick Reinhart. That'd certainly make up for Jarnkrokgate.

But would this happen? Would Tallon actually trade the pick, and to a divisional rival? Well, the answer to the latter question is, I have to think, Hell f****** no. But I do think he's going to seriously consider moving the pick, for the reason you gave. My impression is management wants to start winning and is kind of done with building for the future. They could use some star power. Get people excited, put butts in the seats. That's why Tallon got the green light to spend this summer. I bet he moves the pick for a very good return that helps them NOW.

Don't Toews me, bro!