• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Now some gritty forwards.

Rate this topic

I made a list of RHed Dmen we should be taken a long look at and trying to get. So now I will do gritty forwards. None of these guys are goons. They a big guys that can skate, hit, and even score. Guys that play 10+ mins a game, some in the 15mins range. All are under 30, all make less than 4 million per season, and none are going to break the bank to pick up. So here are the guys I would take a long hard look at:

RW's:

Brouwer Wash 6-3/215

Setoguchi Win 6-0/200

Jones CGY 6-2/210

Kassian Van 6-3/215

Smith-Pelly Ana 6-0/225

LW's:

Martin NYI 6-3/210

Greening Ott 6-3/210

Bollig Chi 6-2/225

Clifford LAK 6-2/215

Kulemin Tor 6-1/225

Maroon Ana 6-3/230

C's:

Wingels SJ 6-0/200

Jenner CBL 6-2/205

Hanzel Phx 6-6/240

Smith Ott 6-2/215

Eller Mon 6-2/215

Nolan LAK 6-3/225

Setoguchi and Kulemin are UFA's, so we could just sign them. The others need to be traded for. I would LOVE to see us grab 2 guys off of this list, or find 2 guys that play the same type of game as these guys. Guys that skate, hit, play hard every shift and could net 10+ goals. We need the grit and size, as Boston clearly showed us.....

Franzen for Troy Brouwer. Washington is the perfect fit for Franzen.

Drafting bigger was needed I also like the fact that the Wings are drafting less soft euros and more hardnosed NA guys.

If we now apply this strategy to Ufa, trade deadline days the team would benefit greatly. That being said Callahan is looking at mid to north of million long-term and I don't think he is worth it.

2013:

ANTHONY MANTHA R CAN 6' 3" 190 QMJHL VAL D'OR

ZACH NASTASIUK R CAN 6' 1" 190 OHL OWEN SOUND

TYLER BERTUZZI L CAN 6' 0" 178 OHL GUELPH

MATTIAS JANMARK C SWE 6' 1" 189 SWEDEN AIK

DAVID POPE L CAN 6' 2" 187 BCHL WEST KELOWNA

MITCH WHEATON D CAN 6' 4" 228 WHL KELOWNA

MARC MCNULTY D CAN 6' 5" 185 WHL PRINCE GEORGE

HAMPUS MELEN R SWE 6' 2" 165 SWE JR TINGSRYD

Show me the undersized "soft euro"

Mitch Wheaton almost fits your demands almost exactly except that he's 13 pounds heavier and he's from Sherwood Park, Alberta.

Who can lose when you have the Pope ok your team

Some need to slow down and read. We are talking about gritty forwards. talking about the D men that Holland has finally started to pick up the last few years doesn't help your point. Adding in Bodin, melen, janmark adds to my euro point.

Tootoo was supposed to be our gritty forward that no team likes to play against but Babcock didn`t use him. We need to add a lot more size and snarl on the D. The Wings are way too easy to play against and it starts in our end. We need some Chelios, Stuart, Macoun types.

Some need to slow down and read. We are talking about gritty forwards. talking about the D men that Holland has finally started to pick up the last few years doesn't help your point. Adding in Bodin, melen, janmark adds to my euro point.

In his defense, Janmark was supposed to be one of the more skilled forwards in that draft. If that's the case, then draft him, but if it's a middle of the road dime-a-dozen forward that's undersized, no thanks. If you're taking a smallish guy, look at Max Domi types.

Because he's a Euro, he's already 3 inches shorter than actual height. So, he's actually 5'10. To be 6'1, he'd have to actually be 6'4.

No, I'm not drunk.

LOL.

So Chara's a tidy seven feet tall then.

Conversely using the "North American Height Adjustment Coefficient", that Gallagher kid that plays for the Habs is totally like 6 feet.

Edited by rick zombo

Yeah 6'6" 207 lb checking line wingers suck at being gritty

How dare you. Hampus Melen is a god among men.

Guys please get back on track. There is no secret what we need. We lack size and grit. yes we have added some more size the past couple of years, but when we have done so it has been more euro guys than NA guys. Like it or not but most euros are not gritty/tough players. Franzen anyone? yes he is 6-3/225 pounds. Classic power forward build. But does he play that why? No. Now none of us know what guys will turn into 3-5 years from now. we don't even know which ones will ever play in Detroit. That is always the trouble with prospects. we need the size and grit now, not 3 years from now. Sitting and waiting for it to come while we have the need is a bad idea.

BTW, after the Sharks got dumped the rumors are starting to focus on 2 guys being moved: pavalski and burns. Burns = Buf. Big, tough, Rhed shot, but keeps moving between D and F. Cheaper than Buf though.....

Guest Playmaker

Haven't Wings fans been saying we need to add a big, tough, gritty scoring winger/power forward since like 1998?

No. Back then we had Shanny, McCarty, lapointe, later added Clark, Robie-who was very good down low, one of the samuelsons.... or was it sundstrom..... had some tough Dmen like Pushor, ward, chelios, etc....... It wasn't until the mid 2000's that that group retired that we developed our softness. A lot of tough gritty players that were replaced by Bertuzzi and nothing else.