• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
PredsFanTheBayouState

Peter Laviolette Hired as Predators' Coach

Rate this topic

I somewhat agree, but sometimes drastic change is needed. There is still a whole offseason to work on things, make a few impact signings and/or deals. Barry's Preds are the only Preds we've ever see so it's rational to think an entirely different playstyle is incapable but you never know.

Good luck this upcoming season Predsfan, I hope this spells turnaround in a good way for your squad and they begin back down the path of success. And I hope Weber gets a big splinter. :cheesy:

I could see more offence a bit of a sales pitch to the fans.

Im sure they have gotten better down there but in a place like Nashville big goals and big hits help sell the game.

I think this is an excellent move. Laviolette is a good coach and a proven winner. The system the Preds have in place now has been good at maximizing returns based on minimal investment, but this speaks to some extra ambition on Poile's part. Sure, they could have kept Trotz, kept drafting well, kept losing their talent to other teams without moving past the first round of the playoffs. It would have worked but stagnation is no way to run a team.

Nashville needed a new voice. Combined with the right personnel moves, this could yield some pretty big results.

I like this move. Laviolette gets the most out of his teams, turns them into overachievers.

The Preds are set in goal (Rinne) and on the back end (Weber et al.) Now they have to work on the offense, and I expect them to do just that. This is a good first step. And, fortunately, this summer's UFA class boasts a number of forwards who would, I think, work really well in Nashville. Sign two of them and I'm bullish about the future of the Preds.

Side note: Is there any chance Hornqvist gets moved, PredsFan? What if they felt they could get more of a pure scorer? I'd seriously consider trading Nyquist (+ more) for him. We miss Holmstrom almost as much as we miss Lidstrom.

Patric+Hornqvist+Nashville+Predators+v+E

Not only did the predators get a new head coach,but we also got a new turtle,May i introduce to you the newest member of the Nashville Predators and future mascot(just kidding,i love gnash): Peter Laviolette's turtle Frank the Turtle https://twitter.com/LavysTurtle

Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

da fuq? hahahaha

BnERocOIYAATHRm.jpg

He read your mind.. or you read his..

Today, Laviolette was able to explain for himself how his preferred style of play should bring more goals to the Predators.

“My system has been successful for many years. Primarily, instead of having one guy forward, I send two. The main thing I do is send guys in on the attack,” Laviolette said. “I don’t want people to think I’m going to come in and play reckless hockey. We are going to play fast and aggressive, but we’re not going to give up a ton of opportunities either. The more you play offense, the less you have to play defense.”

http://predlines.com/2014/05/07/predators-laviolette-offense-means-less-defense/

I could see more offence a bit of a sales pitch to the fans.

Im sure they have gotten better down there but in a place like Nashville big goals and big hits help sell the game.

sorry for bumping this thread up,but i should let y'all know that peter laviolette will be introduced to nashville tomorrow at the music city sports fest

Best of luck with him, personally I don't think he is the right fit. When you have Josi, Weber, Klein and Johnes coming and Rinne in goal a team should play to their strength and Nashville is known to be a defensive powerhouse.