• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

So what do we have to trade?

Rate this topic

Suter is the only defensemen who is clearly better than Kronwall who has moved, and he went to the team willing and able to pay his BFF a ridiculous matching contract. Over $15 mil for Suter and Parise is not a good deal, especially when it runs through 2025. Weber was a RFA but Nashville wasn't going to lose him right after losing Suter.

So I guess my question is, how the f--- do you replace Lidstrom?

The answer is, you don't. You take the younger guys you've drafted, add Dekeyeser, and hope that e of them can grow into top 4 D to play with Kronwall. Ericsson and Dekeyser are 2nd pairing guys now, Dekeyser is getting better and Smith might be there next year. Then there are Sproul, Backman, Ouellet, Marchenko, and Jensen.

You can say "well, those types of guys would be moved for the right package," but the odds are that the right package would mean a ridiculous overpayment. They don't need a player bad enough to trade something like Tatar, Jurco, Sproul, Backman, and Mrazek to get him.

That you can't actually replace Nick Lidstrom is, to me, a straw man. I'm not saying we need another Lidstrom, because there is no other Lidstrom. I'm saying if you lose Lidstrom and Rafalski in the span of two seasons, you go out and you get a very good defenseman who's going to help soften the blow.

It's easy for me to say that, but it's also easy to sit on your hands because "There's no one out there and no we don't want that guy and no those guys are all gonna be way too expensive and no those guys are way too old and no we don't actually need anyone our blue line is fine because Smith might be a #4 next season and we have kids who may be really good second-pairing guys in a couple years when Datsyuk is gone so we're gonna contend for the Cup next season because we're gonna be really good unless we don't do too well in which case we're in a transition stage so if you thought we were gonna contend for the Cup that's your own fault for being unrealistic no team wins the Cup every season you're spoiled there's no hockey store it takes two to dance brb trading Jarnkrok + 2nd 4 Legwand hi I'm back so as I was saying being a GM is awesome."

Sign and/or trade for a high-end defenseman. I know it's never been done before in the history of professional hockey, but there's a first time for everything!

True, there is no other Lidstrom out there. but there are guys between where he was and where say Quincey is. If nick was a say 98 and Quincey is a 70, we can't find a couple of guys that are 85's? That is how we have to look at things. It wasn't just Nick. It was also Stuart and rafi. That is 3 guys and we haven't replaced any of them. Now maybe Dekeyser is one of those guys, but we need more.

True, there is no other Lidstrom out there. but there are guys between where he was and where say Quincey is. If nick was a say 98 and Quincey is a 70, we can't find a couple of guys that are 85's? That is how we have to look at things. It wasn't just Nick. It was also Stuart and rafi. That is 3 guys and we haven't replaced any of them. Now maybe Dekeyser is one of those guys, but we need more.

Holland did try. Quincey was doing well in Colorado, he got dekeyser, he pi ked up Colo who was good in st. Louis but injury prone, he got white who looked awesome till lids left.

To say we didn't even try to replace lids is nonsense, we tried and failed but we did try, at least dekeyser is turning out how we wanted, and he didn't even have a sophomore slump.

Holland did try. Quincey was doing well in Colorado, he got dekeyser, he pi ked up Colo who was good in st. Louis but injury prone, he got white who looked awesome till lids left.

To say we didn't even try to replace lids is nonsense, we tried and failed but we did try, at least dekeyser is turning out how we wanted, and he didn't even have a sophomore slump.

ET In understand what you are trying to say, but this is the real world. You either do or you don't do. Holland didn't. There may be many reasons for it-real and imagined, but at the end of the day you don't get credit for trying.

BTW There is no bigger Dekeyser fan than me. But next season is the year to watch out for the soph slump. To date DD has played a total of 83 NHL games-regular season and playoffs. Same thing is true for Juroc, tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, etc...... Next year is the year we have to watch out for.

ET In understand what you are trying to say, but this is the real world. You either do or you don't do. Holland didn't. There may be many reasons for it-real and imagined, but at the end of the day you don't get credit for trying.

BTW There is no bigger Dekeyser fan than me. But next season is the year to watch out for the soph slump. To date DD has played a total of 83 NHL games-regular season and playoffs. Same thing is true for Juroc, tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, etc...... Next year is the year we have to watch out for.

People keep saying he did nothing to replace lost players, but it's not true, the players that are available we picked up and we lost out on suter which we could do nothing about. Holland made an attempt and none of the players turned out the way he thought they would