• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:44 PM

So, assuming you've had the same job since 2010 as well, have you received any raises since then? 

I am guessing that he has as well. 

Why are you arguing about this? It's not an unreasonable idea to think that he gets yearly raises.

I'm just assuming. Contracts like that are usually pretty set, hockey players don't get raises during their contract so I just assumed coaches don't either

#122 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:41 PM

So, assuming you've had the same job since 2010 as well, have you received any raises since then? 

I am guessing that he has as well. 

Why are you arguing about this? It's not an unreasonable idea to think that he gets yearly raises.

I'm just assuming. Contracts like that are usually pretty set, hockey players don't get raises during their contract so I just assumed coaches don't either

Some contracts are set for the same every year some are front loaded and some are set for them to get a rase each year. That's why cap hit is average salary of the deal.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#123 decorideas

decorideas

Mid 20th Century Old Fart

• 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Holland commented on some issues late Wed. evening at the conclusion of the Wings 3-day meeting. I don't have the link but check the Malik Report.

I have to admit I really don't get any good vibes from what he said. I sincerely hope I am totally off-target but I believe Holland and Babcock are at opposite ends of the direction spectrum and Babcock will not re-enlist after next year. He's done and as good as gone.

Holland said the Wings won't go after any "big names" in free agency but will listen to trade offers. Forget about a Top 4 D-man from the UFA market.  Holland said the only UFA that definitely "out" is Sammuelsson. Almost all the forwards for next year are set (11-12 players), but still no word on Alfie. Six of the D-men for next year are set. I'm guessing Quincey is heading for Free Agency and the Wings will go with Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Kindl, Smith and Lashoff. The 7th (and maybe an 8th) D-man will come up from GR.

My gut tells me Babs wants one thing and Holland wants something different. Not sure who is at which end of the spectrum. If I had to guess I would lean toward the position that Babs wants experienced proven veterans and Holland wants to bring the Kids in and let them play. I wonder if getting Legwand was Babs' idea and Holland feels like he wasted resources for nothing.

For all I know it could be just the opposite, but something doesn't sit right with Holland's comments after this 3 day meeting compared to the remarks that we heard a few weeks ago. What do I know? Nothing, absolutely nothing. We'll wait and see.

#124 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for the summary personally I'm already accepting the fact that this will be Babcocks last year and I don't blame him. This team went from the defacto class of the NHL to still contender, to behind the top pack to playoff contender..that's just not good enough for a proven winner like Babcock. He know hother teams ae going to pay him whatever he wants and he could coach some superstars in their prime sucks for us but this could be the road for him.

I STILL do not believe Holland will go into the next season with the current defense there is nof****** way,

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#125 puck9595

puck9595

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

Holland commented on some issues late Wed. evening at the conclusion of the Wings 3-day meeting. I don't have the link but check the Malik Report.

I have to admit I really don't get any good vibes from what he said. I sincerely hope I am totally off-target but I believe Holland and Babcock are at opposite ends of the direction spectrum and Babcock will not re-enlist after next year. He's done and as good as gone.

Holland said the Wings won't go after any "big names" in free agency but will listen to trade offers. Forget about a Top 4 D-man from the UFA market.  Holland said the only UFA that definitely "out" is Sammuelsson. Almost all the forwards for next year are set (11-12 players), but still no word on Alfie. Six of the D-men for next year are set. I'm guessing Quincey is heading for Free Agency and the Wings will go with Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Kindl, Smith and Lashoff. The 7th (and maybe an 8th) D-man will come up from GR.

My gut tells me Babs wants one thing and Holland wants something different. Not sure who is at which end of the spectrum. If I had to guess I would lean toward the position that Babs wants experienced proven veterans and Holland wants to bring the Kids in and let them play. I wonder if getting Legwand was Babs' idea and Holland feels like he wasted resources for nothing.

For all I know it could be just the opposite, but something doesn't sit right with Holland's comments after this 3 day meeting compared to the remarks that we heard a few weeks ago. What do I know? Nothing, absolutely nothing. We'll wait and see.

From the malik article: Holland didn't really say much of anything which isn't unusual. 

And no he did not say that, the writer did, it makes a difference.

#126 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:25 AM

Regner: Babcock has one year to live

Don't Toews me, bro!

#127 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip